News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler offers a peek into future...Glimpses of Charger seen

Started by 1971SE440, February 12, 2010, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3/RT

This in my opinion is part of the reason the Challenger does not sell well.

The '06 Dodge Charger: New Muscle
Turn back the clock some 40 years and you discover the genesis of the Dodge Charger, a name that 70% of the people Chrysler recently surveyed remembered (or knew).

http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/070501.html

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

T3/RT

God forbid saying something bad about the charger ON A NEW CHALLENGER SITE!

You get people coming out pissed.... Saying stuff like this. WTF?

The Charger and Challenger are essentially the SAME DAMN CAR! This whole two door vs. four door crap has gotten out of hand. Back in the day, you never heard a real MOPAR guy slam another MOPAR.

All of these tools who bemoan the Charger need to get a life and start living in 2010, not 1972.

Calling a car a wussmobile simply because it has four doors and not judging it on it's performance credentials tells me that certain individuals are compensating for certain "shortcomings" in their own lives by slamming other people's cars. (Hey everybody, look at me, look at me! Aren't I wonderful in my macho two door! Aren't I wonderful! Oh my, someone looked at me in my macho two door, I'm so wonderful and they are not in their wussmobiles! I own the only true musclecar and I am wonderful, period!)

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

89MOPAR

"""Calling a car a wussmobile simply because it has four doors and not judging it on it's performance credentials tells me that certain individuals are compensating for certain "shortcomings" in their own lives by slamming other people's cars. (Hey everybody, look at me, look at me! Aren't I wonderful in my macho two door! Aren't I wonderful! Oh my, someone looked at me in my macho two door, I'm so wonderful and they are not in their wussmobiles! I own the only true musclecar and I am wonderful, period!)"""

Now thats funny !   :pity: 
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

stripedelete

Chrysler offers a peek into future.............and there is none.............

G-man

Quote from: T3/RT on February 13, 2010, 03:52:33 PM

The Charger and Challenger are essentially the SAME DAMN CAR! This whole two door vs. four door crap has gotten out of hand. Back in the day, you never heard a real MOPAR guy slam another MOPAR.

All of these tools who bemoan the Charger need to get a life and start living in 2010, not 1972.

Calling a car a wussmobile simply because it has four doors and not judging it on it's performance credentials tells me that certain individuals are compensating for certain "shortcomings" in their own lives by slamming other people's cars. (Hey everybody, look at me, look at me! Aren't I wonderful in my macho two door! Aren't I wonderful! Oh my, someone looked at me in my macho two door, I'm so wonderful and they are not in their wussmobiles! I own the only true musclecar and I am wonderful, period!)

That statement is retarded.

Its not about a wussmobile due to '4' doors while the engine performs hard. Yes a car should be based on its performance not number of doors. Im 100% sure most people dont even think about 'my macho 2 door im wonderful' crap either.

The 4 door issue is to do with there bad design. If we are to get into "2010 not 1972" then why was the challenger made with 2 doors?

Its clearly a design issue on there part. Nice way to try and justify there mistake by blaming all the '2 door' owners as 'im so great look at me' No... its LOOK  AT YOU AND HOW IDIOTIC YOUR DESIGN IS DONT CHANGE THE TOPIC

Ghoste

I can still hate because it's ugly though, right?

Brock Samson

Ghoste

Arthu®

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 13, 2010, 07:51:10 PM
OK: what is the point of this thread?..   :shruggy:

Why should there be a point? We have already had countless threads about the new Charger, most pretty much pointless, why should this one be different?
Striving for world domination since 1986

Brock Samson

Quote from: 1971SE440 on February 12, 2010, 03:00:12 PM
Chrysler's Gilles gave the Chicago Auto Show a glimpse of the next Dodge Charger. Its sleek looks recalled the 1999 Charger concept. The all-new Charger will go on sale late this year.

The original posters post appears to be a quote... but with no accreditation given for the statement.
it's his first post since Aug of last yr... The photo appears to be genaric and approx 10 years old.
  He has priviously linked to and quoted quotes and rumors of Highundies'  and Govt.Motors' intrest in purchasing Chrysler.
This T-3 guy only shows up when the "New"  chargem is brought up...
  And Ghost?....  :smilielol:

RD

do you feel better now? you call people who dislike the new chagnum "tools" and say they are "compensating for certain shortcomings" (i.e. lack in penis size).

My question is this.. how do you know how big their packages are?  I mean you would have to know to make such a statement, or else how could you have a valid argument? Do you have a supersecret package camera for each chagnum-hater / tool (to use your own verbiage) that is on this board?  And if so, you must be a genius on how to identify where to place them so you can check out their packages to ensure your hypothesis is truthful and without refutation.  What if you are questioned on your scientific method of finding the ratio of chagnum-haters and those who have small packages, can you back up your research?

Oh.. um... maybe Ross the intern wants a copy of your research, cuz....

YOU'RE JUST FANTASTIC!!!!

:D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

T3/RT

Um, not sure what you guys are saying but I said this:

(Italicized)

The rest is quoted from the new Challenger site..

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Brock Samson

this whole thread is a mess..
and what you wrote wasn't clear at all...
what RD wrote was however...  :lol:

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 13, 2010, 08:15:43 PM
Quote from: 1971SE440 on February 12, 2010, 03:00:12 PM
Chrysler's Gilles gave the Chicago Auto Show a glimpse of the next Dodge Charger. Its sleek looks recalled the 1999 Charger concept. The all-new Charger will go on sale late this year.

The original posters post appears to be a quote... but with no accreditation given for the statement.
it's his first post since Aug of last yr... The photo appears to be genaric and approx 10 years old.
  He has priviously linked to and quoted quotes and rumors of Highundies'  and Govt.Motors' intrest in purchasing Chrysler.
This T-3 guy only shows up when the "New"  chargem is brought up...
  And Ghost?....  :smilielol:

Oh i`m always here...

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 13, 2010, 09:00:51 PM
this whole thread is a mess..
and what you wrote wasn't clear at all...
what RD wrote was however...  :lol:

Sorry I can see how it was unclear...kinda :scratchchin:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Brock Samson

what has anything here got to do with a new chally site?.. *
why would you do that?..  :shruggy:
and the first post that started this train wreck down the mountain?..
Is it gonna be six mos. before he comes back to see what wreckage he hath wrought?..

I like his charger though...  :yesnod:

*don't answer that, cause I really don't care.

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 13, 2010, 09:11:06 PM
what has anything here got to do with a new chally site?.. *
why would you do that?..  :shruggy:
and the first post that started this train wreck down the mountain?..
Is it gonna be six mos. before he comes back to see what wreckage he hath wrought?..

I like his charger though...  :yesnod:

*don't answer that, cause I really don't care.

From reading this thread..

Quote from: elanmars on February 13, 2010, 02:16:13 AM
the whole argument about these new 4 door monstrosities with the charger name slapped on "running circles" around our REAL Chargers means nothing to me. I wouldn't care if my '69 had a slant six.

I'd still be driving a 1969 Charger and not some POS with nothing more than a badge name.

Cordoba Chargers + 80s Chargers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 door turd Chargers. Yeah I'm mature!!  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: G-man on February 13, 2010, 06:58:15 AM
:lol: at all of your replies.

nice photo bull  :smilielol:

I used to like the challenger until they made a modern replica. Now its lost all meaning to it. At least with the chargers, there not replicated... so they still mean something.  :Twocents:

Quote from: chargerjy9 on February 13, 2010, 08:43:11 AM
Isn't the 99 concept the one that started as a two door and then Bob Lutz insisted it be redone as a four door?  The same Bob Lutz who dismissed drag racers as insignificant greaseballs, the same Bob Lutz who sold Chrysler out to Daimler, the same Bob Lutz who then went to work his magic on GM?  Or do I have the wrong guy?

AMEN that's the guy

WTH?

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

bull

Go back to the doc and get your meds adjusted. Bad mix. :coocoo:

TheGhost

Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 13, 2010, 05:40:23 PM
"""Calling a car a wussmobile simply because it has four doors and not judging it on it's performance credentials tells me that certain individuals are compensating for certain "shortcomings" in their own lives by slamming other people's cars. (Hey everybody, look at me, look at me! Aren't I wonderful in my macho two door! Aren't I wonderful! Oh my, someone looked at me in my macho two door, I'm so wonderful and they are not in their wussmobiles! I own the only true musclecar and I am wonderful, period!)"""

Now thats funny !   :pity: 

Indeed.  I think it fits a few people pretty well.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nakita7

RD

Quote from: TheGhost on February 14, 2010, 01:21:42 AM
Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 13, 2010, 05:40:23 PM

Now thats funny !   :pity:  

Indeed.  I think it fits a few people pretty well.

i think you are just a glorified, registered troll

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

Nakita, are you talking about the car in the very first post?  If so, it is the concept Charger that Dodge was showing back in 1999.  The text in the original post is misleading but it doesn't matter because this has become more or less a drive-by thread anyway.  Feel free to just throw out any random thought you have.

RD

Quote from: Ghoste on February 14, 2010, 01:40:59 AM
Nakita, are you talking about the car in the very first post?  If so, it is the concept Charger that Dodge was showing back in 1999.  The text in the original post is misleading but it doesn't matter because this has become more or less a drive-by thread anyway.  Feel free to just throw out any random thought you have.

woohoo!! i love those threads... wait.. i am participating in one right now huh?  :nana:

Ghoste

Yes and this is your golden opportunity to beat Brock to the punch and post his famous crashed locomotive pic.

That is yours isn't it Brock?