News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler offers a peek into future...Glimpses of Charger seen

Started by 1971SE440, February 12, 2010, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1971SE440

Chrysler's Gilles gave the Chicago Auto Show a glimpse of the next Dodge Charger. Its sleek looks recalled the 1999 Charger concept. The all-new Charger will go on sale late this year.

Brock Samson

1969chargerrtse

Once again a boring grille. Amazing that the grille was a focal point for the early Chargers and the newer ones are just boring grille ugly.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ionracer24

can you say......... corvette rip-off??? jeeze thats even uglier than the one they have out now :smilielol: i hope they're kidding
Real race cars have three pedals......

Spike

Seriously, are you kidding?!
You guys need to get out from under the rock, that picture is of the 1999 Charger concept car.

Tilar

That front end looks like a mid 90's Camaro.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ionracer24

well whatever they do i hope its as good as the challenger, they hit the nail on the head with that car at least, although its waaaaaay overpriced
Real race cars have three pedals......

resq302

Quote from: Spike on February 12, 2010, 03:43:06 PM
Seriously, are you kidding?!
You guys need to get out from under the rock, that picture is of the 1999 Charger concept car.

Spike,

I thought the same thing!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TheGhost

It's the hideous pile of crap that is the 99 concept.  Completely unworthy of the Charger name.  I'm glad it was never made, as it dishonors old "real" Chargers everywhere.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chargerjy9

that photo IS the 99 concept car, I know, I worked there, for the life of me I don't know why Ralph released that photo, all it will do is confuse the issue and get this forum started again over something that isn't. also FWIW, when we did the 99 concept car, I thought then that the front end was weak, like a Camaro or a 5th gen Charger
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Brock Samson

I can't tell who's kidding around or not any more,...  :eek2:

bull

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 12, 2010, 03:29:45 PM
Once again a boring grille. Amazing that the grille was a focal point for the early Chargers and the newer ones are just boring grille ugly.

Still, I'd take boring over ugly.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1carcrazyguy

Avenger front end.......Stealth roof..... :shruggy: and rear 1/4 looks something like a 71 curve with a 68-70 quarter blend on the back quarter :shruggy:

Ghoste

Isn't the 99 concept the one that started as a two door and then Bob Lutz insisted it be redone as a four door?  The same Bob Lutz who dismissed drag racers as insignificant greaseballs, the same Bob Lutz who sold Chrysler out to Daimler, the same Bob Lutz who then went to work his magic on GM?  Or do I have the wrong guy?

bull

Quote from: TheGhost on February 12, 2010, 07:41:55 PM
It's the hideous pile of crap that is the 99 concept.  Completely unworthy of the Charger name.  I'm glad it was never made, as it dishonors old "real" Chargers everywhere.

This comment means nothing coming from a new "Charger" apologist. :nana:

RD

It's the hideous pile of crap that is the 99 concept.  Completely unworthy of the Charger name.  I'm glad it was never made, as it dishonors old "real" Chargers everywhere.

OH shush it!  you were like a 7th grader when the concept came out.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Brock Samson

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on February 12, 2010, 10:35:20 PM

This comment means nothing coming from a new "Charger" apologist. :nana:

Apologist?  I'm apologizing for nothing.

And just because I was young, means I can't have an opinion?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

elanmars

the whole argument about these new 4 door monstrosities with the charger name slapped on "running circles" around our REAL Chargers means nothing to me. I wouldn't care if my '69 had a slant six.

I'd still be driving a 1969 Charger and not some POS with nothing more than a badge name.

Cordoba Chargers + 80s Chargers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 door turd Chargers. Yeah I'm mature!!  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

G-man

:lol: at all of your replies.

nice photo bull  :smilielol:

I used to like the challenger until they made a modern replica. Now its lost all meaning to it. At least with the chargers, there not replicated... so they still mean something.  :Twocents:

chargerjy9

Isn't the 99 concept the one that started as a two door and then Bob Lutz insisted it be redone as a four door?  The same Bob Lutz who dismissed drag racers as insignificant greaseballs, the same Bob Lutz who sold Chrysler out to Daimler, the same Bob Lutz who then went to work his magic on GM?  Or do I have the wrong guy?

AMEN that's the guy
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Hemidoug

Quote from: elanmars on February 13, 2010, 02:16:13 AM
the whole argument about these new 4 door monstrosities with the charger name slapped on "running circles" around our REAL Chargers means nothing to me. I wouldn't care if my '69 had a slant six.

I'd still be driving a 1969 Charger and not some POS with nothing more than a badge name.

Cordoba Chargers + 80s Chargers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 door turd Chargers. Yeah I'm mature!!  :icon_smile_big:

They don't do so well against the original ones.....trust me. I ran an SRT8 in a drag test with my 69...it will be in an upcoming issue of Mopar Enthusiast....let's just say he drove it there but didn't drive it home....... :D
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

T3/RT

Agreed!

Just another dumb way to justify a bad decision...

"The new Charger would run circles around most of the muscle cars from any era," Gilles says. "That is what an automaker is suppose to do -- evolve the species, not be paralyzed by it."

http://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/notablealumni/gilles/slacker_to_superstar.html

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

T3/RT

This in my opinion is part of the reason the Challenger does not sell well.

The '06 Dodge Charger: New Muscle
Turn back the clock some 40 years and you discover the genesis of the Dodge Charger, a name that 70% of the people Chrysler recently surveyed remembered (or knew).

http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/070501.html

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

God forbid saying something bad about the charger ON A NEW CHALLENGER SITE!

You get people coming out pissed.... Saying stuff like this. WTF?

The Charger and Challenger are essentially the SAME DAMN CAR! This whole two door vs. four door crap has gotten out of hand. Back in the day, you never heard a real MOPAR guy slam another MOPAR.

All of these tools who bemoan the Charger need to get a life and start living in 2010, not 1972.

Calling a car a wussmobile simply because it has four doors and not judging it on it's performance credentials tells me that certain individuals are compensating for certain "shortcomings" in their own lives by slamming other people's cars. (Hey everybody, look at me, look at me! Aren't I wonderful in my macho two door! Aren't I wonderful! Oh my, someone looked at me in my macho two door, I'm so wonderful and they are not in their wussmobiles! I own the only true musclecar and I am wonderful, period!)

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

89MOPAR

"""Calling a car a wussmobile simply because it has four doors and not judging it on it's performance credentials tells me that certain individuals are compensating for certain "shortcomings" in their own lives by slamming other people's cars. (Hey everybody, look at me, look at me! Aren't I wonderful in my macho two door! Aren't I wonderful! Oh my, someone looked at me in my macho two door, I'm so wonderful and they are not in their wussmobiles! I own the only true musclecar and I am wonderful, period!)"""

Now thats funny !   :pity: 
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

stripedelete

Chrysler offers a peek into future.............and there is none.............

G-man

Quote from: T3/RT on February 13, 2010, 03:52:33 PM

The Charger and Challenger are essentially the SAME DAMN CAR! This whole two door vs. four door crap has gotten out of hand. Back in the day, you never heard a real MOPAR guy slam another MOPAR.

All of these tools who bemoan the Charger need to get a life and start living in 2010, not 1972.

Calling a car a wussmobile simply because it has four doors and not judging it on it's performance credentials tells me that certain individuals are compensating for certain "shortcomings" in their own lives by slamming other people's cars. (Hey everybody, look at me, look at me! Aren't I wonderful in my macho two door! Aren't I wonderful! Oh my, someone looked at me in my macho two door, I'm so wonderful and they are not in their wussmobiles! I own the only true musclecar and I am wonderful, period!)

That statement is retarded.

Its not about a wussmobile due to '4' doors while the engine performs hard. Yes a car should be based on its performance not number of doors. Im 100% sure most people dont even think about 'my macho 2 door im wonderful' crap either.

The 4 door issue is to do with there bad design. If we are to get into "2010 not 1972" then why was the challenger made with 2 doors?

Its clearly a design issue on there part. Nice way to try and justify there mistake by blaming all the '2 door' owners as 'im so great look at me' No... its LOOK  AT YOU AND HOW IDIOTIC YOUR DESIGN IS DONT CHANGE THE TOPIC

Ghoste

I can still hate because it's ugly though, right?

Brock Samson

Ghoste

Arthu®

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 13, 2010, 07:51:10 PM
OK: what is the point of this thread?..   :shruggy:

Why should there be a point? We have already had countless threads about the new Charger, most pretty much pointless, why should this one be different?
Striving for world domination since 1986

Brock Samson

Quote from: 1971SE440 on February 12, 2010, 03:00:12 PM
Chrysler's Gilles gave the Chicago Auto Show a glimpse of the next Dodge Charger. Its sleek looks recalled the 1999 Charger concept. The all-new Charger will go on sale late this year.

The original posters post appears to be a quote... but with no accreditation given for the statement.
it's his first post since Aug of last yr... The photo appears to be genaric and approx 10 years old.
  He has priviously linked to and quoted quotes and rumors of Highundies'  and Govt.Motors' intrest in purchasing Chrysler.
This T-3 guy only shows up when the "New"  chargem is brought up...
  And Ghost?....  :smilielol:

RD

do you feel better now? you call people who dislike the new chagnum "tools" and say they are "compensating for certain shortcomings" (i.e. lack in penis size).

My question is this.. how do you know how big their packages are?  I mean you would have to know to make such a statement, or else how could you have a valid argument? Do you have a supersecret package camera for each chagnum-hater / tool (to use your own verbiage) that is on this board?  And if so, you must be a genius on how to identify where to place them so you can check out their packages to ensure your hypothesis is truthful and without refutation.  What if you are questioned on your scientific method of finding the ratio of chagnum-haters and those who have small packages, can you back up your research?

Oh.. um... maybe Ross the intern wants a copy of your research, cuz....

YOU'RE JUST FANTASTIC!!!!

:D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

T3/RT

Um, not sure what you guys are saying but I said this:

(Italicized)

The rest is quoted from the new Challenger site..

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Brock Samson

this whole thread is a mess..
and what you wrote wasn't clear at all...
what RD wrote was however...  :lol:

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 13, 2010, 08:15:43 PM
Quote from: 1971SE440 on February 12, 2010, 03:00:12 PM

The original posters post appears to be a quote... but with no accreditation given for the statement.
it's his first post since Aug of last yr... The photo appears to be genaric and approx 10 years old.
  He has priviously linked to and quoted quotes and rumors of Highundies'  and Govt.Motors' intrest in purchasing Chrysler.
This T-3 guy only shows up when the "New"  chargem is brought up...
  And Ghost?....  :smilielol:

Oh i`m always here...

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 13, 2010, 09:00:51 PM
this whole thread is a mess..
and what you wrote wasn't clear at all...
what RD wrote was however...  :lol:

Sorry I can see how it was unclear...kinda :scratchchin:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Brock Samson

what has anything here got to do with a new chally site?.. *
why would you do that?..  :shruggy:
and the first post that started this train wreck down the mountain?..
Is it gonna be six mos. before he comes back to see what wreckage he hath wrought?..

I like his charger though...  :yesnod:

*don't answer that, cause I really don't care.

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 13, 2010, 09:11:06 PM
what has anything here got to do with a new chally site?.. *
why would you do that?..  :shruggy:
and the first post that started this train wreck down the mountain?..
Is it gonna be six mos. before he comes back to see what wreckage he hath wrought?..

I like his charger though...  :yesnod:

*don't answer that, cause I really don't care.

From reading this thread..

Quote from: G-man on February 13, 2010, 06:58:15 AM
:lol: at all of your replies.

nice photo bull  :smilielol:

I used to like the challenger until they made a modern replica. Now its lost all meaning to it. At least with the chargers, there not replicated... so they still mean something.  :Twocents:

Quote from: chargerjy9 on February 13, 2010, 08:43:11 AM

AMEN that's the guy

WTH?

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

bull

Go back to the doc and get your meds adjusted. Bad mix. :coocoo:

TheGhost

Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 13, 2010, 05:40:23 PM
"""Calling a car a wussmobile simply because it has four doors and not judging it on it's performance credentials tells me that certain individuals are compensating for certain "shortcomings" in their own lives by slamming other people's cars. (Hey everybody, look at me, look at me! Aren't I wonderful in my macho two door! Aren't I wonderful! Oh my, someone looked at me in my macho two door, I'm so wonderful and they are not in their wussmobiles! I own the only true musclecar and I am wonderful, period!)"""

Indeed.  I think it fits a few people pretty well.

nakita7

RD

Quote from: TheGhost on February 14, 2010, 01:21:42 AM

Now thats funny !   :pity:  

Indeed.  I think it fits a few people pretty well.

i think you are just a glorified, registered troll

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Ghoste

Nakita, are you talking about the car in the very first post?  If so, it is the concept Charger that Dodge was showing back in 1999.  The text in the original post is misleading but it doesn't matter because this has become more or less a drive-by thread anyway.  Feel free to just throw out any random thought you have.

RD

Quote from: Ghoste on February 14, 2010, 01:40:59 AM
Nakita, are you talking about the car in the very first post?  If so, it is the concept Charger that Dodge was showing back in 1999.  The text in the original post is misleading but it doesn't matter because this has become more or less a drive-by thread anyway.  Feel free to just throw out any random thought you have.

woohoo!! i love those threads... wait.. i am participating in one right now huh?  :nana:

Ghoste

Yes and this is your golden opportunity to beat Brock to the punch and post his famous crashed locomotive pic.

That is yours isn't it Brock?

RD

TheGhost

Quote from: RD on February 14, 2010, 01:38:47 AM

Now thats funny !   :pity:  

Indeed.  I think it fits a few people pretty well.

i think you are just a glorified, registered troll

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Can't say I can really deny that.  I do enjoy the occasional internet debate.  This one, however, frustrates me to no end.  For the life of me, I can't understand the pure hatred a few of you have for this car.  Is it really the 4 doors that bothers you?  The name?  The grill?  Or is it simply the fact that it's not a remake of the '69 Charger that so many of you think it should have been?  I dislike most European and Asian cars, but I don't go out of my way to bash the hell out of them everytime I see the slightest opportunity.

Times have changed.  A modern 2 door midsize (closer to fullsize in modern dimensions) RWD V-8 performance car from Dodge isn't what people want.  If that was the kind of car that people want, then Honda, VW, and the other, successful auto manufacturers would have already been making that car.  It's not what you want to hear, let alone acknowledge, but it's true.  Dodge made a 4 door performance car that would (and has) sell well, and instead of actually being happy that we FINALLY have a new V-8 RWD performance from Ma Mopar, and Ma Mopar has a car that's making them money, you start crying about how it's not really a Charger, and that the 99 concept was so much better, etc etc.  I guarantee that if the 99 concept had been made instead, you'd still be bitching about that car, too.

Let's face it.  Dodge, and every other American auto company, is in major trouble.  They couldn't afford to spend alot of money on a niche market performance car that will not sell enough to make them alot of money, especially since it already has one (the Viper).  A 2 door retro styled Charger would have been awesome, yes, but it was too much of a risk, with not enough potential payoff for Dodge to risk it.

When the performance is brought up, you turn to the looks.  Looks are subjective.  I personally find most Audis, Hondas, etc to be ugly cars.  However, alot of people seem to think they are actually good looking.  You can't please everyone, so why not please the people who will actually be buying the car (read:  Not us)?

And when Dodge decides to listen to you, go out on a limb, and make the retro, 2 door Challenger, you STILL aren't satisfied.  We've now got 2, yes, two RWD V-8 Dodge performance cars, which is exactly 2 more than we've had in the past 3 decades, you still bitch about it, because it's not a Charger!  Seriously?

The classics that we love are just that.  Classics.  They can't be remade.  Which is good.  It helps make them what they are.  Unique.  Incomparable.  Monuments to the glory days of the American Automobile.  Days that will probably never come again, sadly.  You know it just as well as I.  The retro trend is short lived.  New regulations will see to that.  In order to survive, American cars will have to become more like foreign cars.  The new Challenger will die just as the old one did.  The Mustang will probably live as long as Ford does, but it won't be the same.  The Camaro will try to hang on, but it, too, will eventually succumb to the new laws being passed.  I doubt even the Corvette will be safe.  And when they're gone, I will look back on this time.  I will look back, and be glad that Dodge, and GM, and Ford gave us one last Hurrah, one last generation of RWD, V-8, American performance cars, before they died.

Skinypete

DJMIII

RD

Quote from: TheGhost on February 14, 2010, 04:26:26 AM
Can't say I can really deny that.  I do enjoy the occasional internet debate.  This one, however, frustrates me to no end.  For the life of me, I can't understand the pure hatred a few of you have for this car.
umm it represents the total denial of what the essence of a charger is, was, and should have been, all the while mocking the same owners of the charger nameplate who own the cars that made the name "Charger" marketable in the first place.  If you dont get it, you never will.  "Charger" just doesnt mean that much to you, its okay.. go drive your A body or C body.. what are you driving now?

QuoteIs it really the 4 doors that bothers you?  The name?  The grill?  Or is it simply the fact that it's not a remake of the '69 Charger that so many of you think it should have been?  I dislike most European and Asian cars, but I don't go out of my way to bash the hell out of them everytime I see the slightest opportunity.

See the above answer as you are totally clueless to what "Charger" means.. secondly, because your idiocy is rampant.. no one has ever said it needed to look like a '69 Charger, geesh, it just has to attribute something to its original lineage... the chagnum does nothing in that arena.... Just go drive a honda.

QuoteTimes have changed.  A modern 2 door midsize (closer to fullsize in modern dimensions) RWD V-8 performance car from Dodge isn't what people want.  If that was the kind of car that people want, then Honda, VW, and the other, successful auto manufacturers would have already been making that car.  It's not what you want to hear, let alone acknowledge, but it's true.  Dodge made a 4 door performance car that would (and has) sell well, and instead of actually being happy that we FINALLY have a new V-8 RWD performance from Ma Mopar, and Ma Mopar has a car that's making them money, you start crying about how it's not really a Charger, and that the 99 concept was so much better, etc etc.  I guarantee that if the 99 concept had been made instead, you'd still be bitching about that car, too.

Again.. you are wrong.. many on this board totally loved the 99 concept, me included (even if it did have 4 doors), it paid tribute to what made the Charger name so great.. and since you dont know jack about the car other than what you read, the car was supposed to have a CNG V8 making 348hp.  That is muscle in 99, and now.

QuoteLet's face it.  Dodge, and every other American auto company, is in major trouble.  They couldn't afford to spend alot of money on a niche market performance car that will not sell enough to make them alot of money, especially since it already has one (the Viper).  A 2 door retro styled Charger would have been awesome, yes, but it was too much of a risk, with not enough potential payoff for Dodge to risk it.

You are forgetting one thing.. they were not in financial trouble when they made the abomination.  Now, yes, then no. So that argument is moot and redirective.

QuoteWhen the performance is brought up, you turn to the looks.  Looks are subjective.  I personally find most Audis, Hondas, etc to be ugly cars.  However, alot of people seem to think they are actually good looking.  You can't please everyone, so why not please the people who will actually be buying the car (read:  Not us)?

Performance?  No one has brought up performance except for you chagnum bandwagoners because that is all you have to grasp onto.  You all know the chagnum doesnt best represent the aura of "Charger" and it never will.  The whole "performance" aspect is bullshit if you ask me as the cars are apples to oranges (can you say 40 years of technology?)  I dont even see why you argue this.. Charger is something more than just a moniker or name.. its a culture.  If you dont get that.. please do me a favor.. NEVER OWN A CHARGER.

QuoteAnd when Dodge decides to listen to you, go out on a limb, and make the retro, 2 door Challenger, you STILL aren't satisfied.  We've now got 2, yes, two RWD V-8 Dodge performance cars, which is exactly 2 more than we've had in the past 3 decades, you still bitch about it, because it's not a Charger!  Seriously?

When did we say we were not satisfied with the challenger oh Capt Holier Than Thou?  Make sure you dont make more stuff up in your next installment of brainless dribble.

QuoteThe classics that we love are just that.  Classics.  They can't be remade.  Which is good.  It helps make them what they are.  Unique.  Incomparable.  Monuments to the glory days of the American Automobile.  Days that will probably never come again, sadly.  You know it just as well as I.  The retro trend is short lived.  New regulations will see to that.  In order to survive, American cars will have to become more like foreign cars.

Um... F you.  American cars have to become more like foreign cars?  You are crazy.. you mean like Toyotas?  How about Yugo's?  How about Renaults?  Dude, pull your head out of your proverbial rearend and realize something, you are just talking out of your ash.

QuoteThe new Challenger will die just as the old one did.  The Mustang will probably live as long as Ford does, but it won't be the same.  The Camaro will try to hang on, but it, too, will eventually succumb to the new laws being passed.  I doubt even the Corvette will be safe.  And when they're gone, I will look back on this time.  I will look back, and be glad that Dodge, and GM, and Ford gave us one last Hurrah, one last generation of RWD, V-8, American performance cars, before they died.

And in closing.. I would like to thank all the little people who happened to read all of my irrelevant and generalized conglomeration of baseless opinions and glorification of something to further enhance my argument.. which is of course... without merit... (that is what your last paragraph said to me). You did forget the phrase "God Bless America!"  That would have landed you in office i think.  One last hurrah.. you are already counting your chips.. dude.. performance, HP, and torque have been around ever since the automobile was introduced.. if you think this is the last hurrah.. well, then ummm.. sure.. you're still a troll, just a very shortsighted one at that.

motorcitydak

If this was built just like it was drawn, Id be all over it like a fat kid on cake

96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

G-man

And thats meant to look better?  :rofl:

Why doesnt dodge learn

STOP TRYING TO MAKE ANOTHER CHARGER. THEY ENDED IN 196... erm 1974 :misbehaving: AND LEAVE THEM THERE!

Quit trying to replicate it. Make cars and give them some other name. Dodge Charger ended then and thats all there is to it.

xp29f8b

I think for a 4 door, the 99 concept looks good other than the front end. Looks a whole hell of a lot better than the one thats out now. I'm sure someone would put out a kit to fix the front end any way.

xp29f8b

I dont really see much of a diiference with this one than the one thats out now. UGLY!

GATOR MC KLUSKY

Quote from: xp29f8b on February 14, 2010, 09:47:12 AM
I think for a 4 door, the 99 concept looks good other than the front end. Looks a whole hell of a lot better than the one thats out now. I'm sure someone would put out a kit to fix the front end any way.

Right said!

And WTF is a wussmobile???

I only know the Wienermobile. ;-)

Also just ONE door on the passenger side! Only can be topped by NO door at all   :icon_smile_big:

Talk about the biggest Wiener on the block. Who needs a Charger anymore?!  :lol:

bull

elanmars

Indeed.  I think it fits a few people pretty well.

i know i'm wonderful.
:nana:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Ghoste

I don't want to buy one because I find the styling of the thing to be hideously ugly but that is just a personal opinion.  As far as my ongoing hatred (which is a very different thing from just not caring for the appearance) I can attribut it to two things; A) it began with Chryslers callous disregard for the enthusiast opinion on the car and going as far as to tell the people that had been said enthusiasts for as many years as some of us had that we were the ones who had no idea what a "Charger" was.  B) it lives on in my own stubborn need to stand up and say no everytime someone tells me that I HAVE to like the car for whatever reason from modern superiority to the fact that it comes from Chrysler and we whined about rwd V8 for years so we must accept it blah blah blah blah.
Even Chrysler did an about face and built the Challenger after telling us we were the ones in the wrong and there was no market for a car that it is exactly what the Challenger is.
I don't care if somebody likes the new Charger.  That is fantastic and TheGhost (no "e"), you should run right out and buy one.  That is completley cool with me but I don't tell me there is something wrong with me for hating it.  There isn't even something wrong for continuing to not like because my opinion hasn't changed.  That's how it works you see.  Now if I wake up tomorrow and decide I suddenly think it's the greatest thing since spinning wheelcovers, I will buy one and be the first to come on here and brag about it.  I will even say how wrong I was if that happens.  Until then I don't like it and when the topic comes up I will continue to say so.

RD

I dont care who you are.. that is funny shiza right there!!!  :rofl: :rofl:

:hah:
Quote from: Ghoste on February 14, 2010, 01:38:09 PM
Now if I wake up tomorrow and decide I suddenly think it's the greatest thing since spinning wheelcovers, I will buy one and be the first to come on here and brag about it.