News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinal Top Poll..

Started by Brock Samson, February 12, 2010, 12:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did our Charger/s come with a V. Tops?..

Yes.
66 (80.5%)
No.
17 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

69rtse4spd

1- 69 S.E. q5, black top, black interior
2- 69 S.E. r4, "                              "
3- R/T S.E. Y2, "                            "
4- 70 XH, B5, white top, blue interior
Of the 20-25 chargers I parted out about 90% had vinyl tops, one 70 had a gator grain.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Dans 68 on February 12, 2010, 02:38:28 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 12, 2010, 02:06:33 PM
Maybe I should have my fendertag decoded? ::)

Per

Go to Jim Shine's site. I like his decoder. http://www.jimshine.com/tag%20info/68tagdecode.htm

Or send me a copy of the tag and I'll decode it for you.  :coolgleamA:

Dan

Dan, do you know this Jim Shine? The fendertag on his website is exactly the same as mine, ofcourse I don't see the shippingnumber. :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on February 12, 2010, 08:51:00 PM
Quote from: tan top on February 12, 2010, 04:47:29 PM
thats a point  , sort of joking but   50 %  of the vinyl top cars prolly went to the crusher in the late 70s early 80s  :shruggy:

Ah, but on the other side of that, most vinyl top cars would have been likely to be ones ordered with other options and therefore more valuable and the first tobe saved.
All the cheap ones that came without the top and just a base drivetrain would have been better candidates for the earlier rounds of crushing.  :shruggy:

:scratchchin:  yeah good point !!  :yesnod: :popcrn:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

G-man

I dont know yet but the car I just baught is original...

1968 Charger QQ1- Blue,3 speed column shift, 383 H code - white vinyl top.

Just not sure if the white stripe on back is original or added. Looks good though with the vinyl.

:cheers:

stripedelete

Quote from: tan top on February 13, 2010, 05:06:41 AM
thats a point  , sort of joking but   50 %  of the vinyl top cars prolly went to the crusher in the late 70s early 80s  :shruggy:

Ah, but on the other side of that, most vinyl top cars would have been likely to be ones ordered with other options and therefore more valuable and the first tobe saved.
All the cheap ones that came without the top and just a base drivetrain would have been better candidates for the earlier rounds of crushing.  :shruggy:

Not only a good point but also a factor that's tough to quantify.  I can't fiqure out how to factor this one in.
Maybe you could go to the dog pound and fiqure out what perdentage of less atttractive dogs make it out. ;D

Tilar

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 12, 2010, 12:45:41 PM
Year and color and whatever option and/or trim would also be helpful info...
For example-  If your charger/s have been significantly altered as many have especially in the case of the General Lees. 

My 68 originally was red with red interior and no vinyl top. 318 with a 3 on the tree. Only options it had were bucket seats and a radio. If I had the original engine and transmission I'd put it back original, but since I don't it's definitely gonna have more than that when it's done.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Belgium R/T -68

Anybody knows how it comes I have a R-2 radiooption that doesn't excist in the decoder of Jim?

Per

y3chargerrt

My original was a 69 R/T S/E Q5 black interior stripe delete. Current Charger 69 R/T Y3 black interior and top and stripe. So my data suggests 50% of 69s came with vinyl top.. ;D

aone415

68 MM1
Black Vinyl Top
Originally White Vinyl interior
Currently Black Interior

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

68RT440

1968 R/T
Factory BB1 Black
Dark Green Vinyl Top/Interior
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

68RRFlyer

68 R/T - UU1 / Black top / Black Stripe

69 XP - B5 / White Top

68 XP - PP1 / Black Top

Cheers  :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

Blakcharger440

1970 Charger RT,440 4speed,Red,black interior,black stripe - black vinyl top
1968 Charger 383,4 speed,Green,green interior - no vinyl top

charger_fan_4ever

70 r/t 440 automatic

b5 w/ white top
white interior
white longitudinal stripes
rocker and wheel moldings

SFRT

mine originally

440 Rt 4 speed

Y2

Black Top and interior

stripe delete
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dans 68

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 13, 2010, 08:40:27 AM
Anybody knows how it comes I have a R-2 radiooption that doesn't exist in the decoder of Jim?

Per

Per, I think Jim's decoder is incorrect in this area. Per (no witticism intended :rofl: ) the '68 option codes "0" would be an AM radio with 8-track, "1" would be AM radio, "2" would be Music master AM radio, and "3" would be AM/FM radio (although I have not seen this in a Charger...it may have been a late year addition but was not an option in the Dealer data book). Of course this is based upon using the last number of the option codes as the identifier under the letter "R" in the fender tag. Standard operating procedure.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

68blue

68 Charger, blue with white interior and white vinyl top.

bmoparmofo

Mine is a 69 383 2bbl, T-5, black top, black vinyl interior, console auto, A/C car. I havent decided to put a top back on it or not. Luckily the roof is in good shape since its been off the road since the early to mid 1980's  :o
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Ghoste

Quote from: stripedelete on February 13, 2010, 07:04:08 AM
Quote from: tan top on February 13, 2010, 05:06:41 AM

Not only a good point but also a factor that's tough to quantify.  I can't fiqure out how to factor this one in.
Maybe you could go to the dog pound and fiqure out what perdentage of less atttractive dogs make it out. ;D

Exactly!  The poll is highly flawed in general and for a whole bunch of reasons.  It does show what exists among members though and rough guesses can be made from that but in no way could we ever consider it to be accurate.  It's interesting though and it's the goofy sort of thing I wish we could do with other options too.  Right now, I would say the estimates of 90% are way too high and my estimate of 40% too low.  My personal observations would even make Galens estimate of 75% too high but my gut feeling is that it is probably fairly close to the truth if we could ever figure out a way to accurately determine it.
In any case, I still think this is fun.  I love carcheology (sic). :yesnod:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Dans 68 on February 13, 2010, 12:34:04 PM
Anybody knows how it comes I have a R-2 radiooption that doesn't exist in the decoder of Jim?

Per

Per, I think Jim's decoder is incorrect in this area. Per (no witticism intended :rofl: ) the '68 option codes "0" would be an AM radio with 8-track, "1" would be AM radio, "2" would be Music master AM radio, and "3" would be AM/FM radio (although I have not seen this in a Charger...it may have been a late year addition but was not an option in the Dealer data book). Of course this is based upon using the last number of the option codes as the identifier under the letter "R" in the fender tag. Standard operating procedure.

Dan

Thanks Dan :2thumbs: Is Jim a member here? I wrote him an email to exchange shippingnumbers. Would be to crazy if it was the same fendertag but they have the same builddate.

Per

Dans 68

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 13, 2010, 03:15:41 PM
Quote from: Dans 68 on February 13, 2010, 12:34:04 PM

Per

Dan

Thanks Dan :2thumbs: Is Jim a member here? I wrote him an email to exchange shippingnumbers. Would be to crazy if it was the same fendertag but they have the same builddate.

Per

Yes, Jim Shine (http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=45) is a member here. It would be slightly off-kilter if the tag he is using in his decoder is the same as yours. But the same build date is cool also.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Belgium R/T -68

I know but you know we all are looking for a previous owner of our dear mopars. :icon_smile_big: Same builddate, both customerorders and same options and colour,
you can't get much closer then that. ;)

Per

six-tee-nine

I think mine was a cool combo originally......

white with red stripe and red interior and black top
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

John_Kunkel

'70 R/T, EV2 Hemi Orange, black top. My '68 and '72 had painted tops.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Manfred318

Mine:
Built Feb. 12 1968
318/auto
JJ1
Black interior
Black vinyl top.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

BROCK

Wow Brock, 4 pages & still no answer to the 70 V88 R/T question.

Mine is an FY1 70 R/T SE without vinyl top & with the.............

V68 stripe delete.  Longitudinal was the default stripe - thus the 6.

It is all original (including paint) & numbers matching with fender
tag & build sheet intact!!!!  Just needs restoring :'(

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world