News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Tail Light Bulb Question?

Started by 69DodgeCharger, February 16, 2010, 09:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DodgeCharger

I know it's probably been asked a 100 times but what is the correct number for the bulb that is the innermost for both tailights on a 69 Charger. The one that is only the brightness of the tailights and doesn't work with the turn signal/brake lights. And secondly, where can I get them?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

A383Wing

Crap....I used to know it....they are available at any auto part store...I took mine out of the Daytona and put new sockets in mine and made all 3 on each side tail & brake lights with 1157 bulbs....just looked funny to me seeing only the outer 2 light up with turn & stop lights.

Been so used to both my 66 Chargers having 3 per side.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: A383Wing on February 16, 2010, 11:36:32 PM
Crap....I used to know it....they are available at any auto part store...I took mine out of the Daytona and put new sockets in mine and made all 3 on each side tail & brake lights with 1157 bulbs....just looked funny to me seeing only the outer 2 light up with turn & stop lights.

Hey I like that idea. I can't believe it never occurred to me to do that. Thanks for the tip.

TylerCharger69

I did the same to mine so all three would be brake/running lights..... :2thumbs:

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on February 17, 2010, 06:04:53 PM

I did the same to mine so all three would be brake/running lights..... :2thumbs:

I'm thinking I am going to go the same route and have all three work in tandem.

GreenMachine

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on February 17, 2010, 08:15:55 PM
Quote from: TylerCharger69 on February 17, 2010, 06:04:53 PM

I'm thinking I am going to go the same route and have all three work in tandem.

Keep in mind that the larger bulb will be closer to the lens and could possibly melt it. I'm sure only in extreme cases where your brake lights are on for an extended period. Just trying to prevent the prices of 69-70 tail lights from getting even higher, because I'm still looking for a reasonably priced l/h '70 lens.  :icon_smile_wink:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

A383Wing

Had mine in there since '98....no issues...it's not that close to do any melting of the lens...I already checked that when I did my conversion