News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Printers

Started by Ghoste, February 09, 2010, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prime printer consideration

Cost of printer
3 (25%)
Ink cartridges
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Ghoste

I want to replace my printer so I'm throwing out for opinions.  I want one that's wireless and has copy and scan features as well.  The couple of folks I've talked to around here say to either just buy from the price of the printer and others say to buy based on the ink cartridges.
So???

elacruze

Printers are a religious argument.

There is no clearer evidence on Earth of the existence of Satan.

Less cartridges = more better.

We've had HP and Lexmark, free-with-computer and big $$. They all sucked. When they worked, they ate ink like your Hemi eats gas. Then they broke. Always.
I'd buy a cheap Canon before I'd have another LM or HP.
:Twocents:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

71ChallengeHer

I have a Kodak printer, copy, scanner. I got it at Best Buy. The ink for a pack of black and color is about 25 bucks.

stripedelete

How many pages per month?

Brock Samson

I've had an HP photosmart two yrs now after I shopped around and caught a sale, it does everything, scans faxes copies and makes two sizes of pro quality photos, mostly it works great but does on jams occasion, maybe once in 20-25 prints and yes they all eat toner,..
but one tip is that Costco has very cheap glossy paper packs and extra large toner kits.
 The cartridges are the 02 type, and mostly uses the pink and yellow - then the dark magenta then the dark blue least the light blue.
 worth it in my opinion, very handy!  :yesnod:

lisiecki1

we have a kodak at the house and it's been great.  set it up on my wireless network and I can print from anywhere in the house with the laptop.  and the ink is super cheap because there's no electronics built into the cartridges so you're only buying ink.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Ghoste

Quote from: stripedelete on February 09, 2010, 11:08:10 AM
How many pages per month?

It goes in spurts, there may be none for weeks and then 50 in an hour.

stripedelete

The last time I was printer shopping it seemed that they all have migrated to the razor-blade business model.   And it seems that even if you do get a favorable cost to cartridge ratio there is now a "barrell life" for the lasers.   Which I think means your only going to get "x" number of pages out of the printer - no matter what.     

The 2nd printer in my shop is a Brother MFC-685 (ink Jet).  It handles our fax and copy/scan needs, and from time to time it backs up our main printer, which is a slightly larger black & white Brother laser. 

It does about 50 sheets a month.
Operates in dust and cold.
Wireless w/ phone handset.
Prints photo's from media card. 
Color display.

Overall very happy with it.  We don't over use the color.  It may be a little light for you.
Downside is: $30.00/ ink cartridge 2 to 3 a year.

Bought this one re-furbed for about $60.00

Bought a new MFC-495 (485?) for $90.00, for home.   It crapped out in a month.

Good Luck

MoparManJim

Well I can only speak for my self here, but I would say say away from the 3 in one things, I had afew of them already and each one did the same thing to me. Paper gets jam and wam I get a jam error on the screen, I pull the paper out and make sure there is nothing in there jamming it and then hit print again and it tell's me there is a paper jam when everything is clear and it should be working  :brickwall:. I even turn the printers off as well and back on and retryed and got the same dang error message to that the printer had a paper jam and it was all clean out! The printers had scanner&copyer/fax/printer. I went through 3 on fthese and then took and got myself a Cannon printer only and that thing work very very good as I have no problems with it at all. I paid like 25.00 for the cannon and I got my moneys worth out of the use of it also with one night!  :2thumbs:

tan top

when i looked for another printer  ( HP)  i looked for the one that is simplest to use  :yesnod:  as me & computers don't work too well togeather

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargergirl

Quote from: elacruze on February 09, 2010, 10:21:39 AM
Printers are a religious argument.

There is no clearer evidence on Earth of the existence of Satan.

Less cartridges = more better.

We've had HP and Lexmark, free-with-computer and big $$. They all sucked. When they worked, they ate ink like your Hemi eats gas. Then they broke. Always.
I'd buy a cheap Canon before I'd have another LM or HP.
:Twocents:

AMEN! I have had an HP copy/print/scan for years and it used to be sooo fast and now it's feeling it's age. Does the jam and cops attitude every once in a while but overall it's been ok. Now we have two of them...one for free. Cartridges can be pricey but we don't do massive printing. If I was to buy another one...it would have to be wireless and able to be used by more than three computers. Two people in the house...one IT person/me...and we HAVE to have at least three computers!
Trust your Woobie!