News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fender/quarter lines on a '69?

Started by Patronus, January 26, 2010, 06:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

Getting into block sanding my 69 Charger and was wondering if the continous body line just above the wheel openings, does it have an arch to it or is it supposed to be straight? Mine... has a small arch to it. What does yours do?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

twodko

Hello Patronus,

Welcome to the site. My 69 has a slight arch as well.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Mike DC

It's fairly straight but don't try to use a ruler on it or anything.  Just go by pics of chargers. 

The main line (goes through the 1968 signal lights) also fades out to nothing at the front edge of the fenders.  This is something that people tend to get wrong when they're straightening out/blocking old panels because it seems counter-intuitive and the old pieces are so commonly dented there.  The line is still there over the wheelwell on the fender but it's disappeared by the time it would be above the front bumper sides. 

TylerCharger69

Yes...there is a slight "arch" in the body line.  I would use a string line all the way down the body of the car so you can see exactly what it does as assuming you need dimensions to match the other side??

Patronus

we took em out, was just wondering...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TylerCharger69

Patronus

we took the arch (if any) out of the fenders through to the doors. Will probably do the same to the new quarters
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TylerCharger69

Patronus

someone got a hold of this project before we did, back in the 80's they didnt have panels, they pretty much skimmed everything
ours had fender lines over 5/8" off from one side to the other
new quarters AND new fenders? just not happening $ wise. Besides, I like Chargers with an aggressive block sanding regime. The main lines of the car yield an almost faceted/stealthy appearance.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

BlueSS454

Some mud master took the arch and the line out of mine all together.  I  had to reform them both.  Took about 8 hours to do on each fender between tin knocking and filler work.  They look just like they are suppose to now  :yesnod:
Tom Rightler