News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who saw the superbowl Dodge Charger commercial?

Started by resq302, February 07, 2010, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Let me just say that I think that was the stupidest commercial I have ever seen.  What a waste of our tax payers money.  Dodge is dead to me.  (ok, maybe the "new" Dodge, not the classics!)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

A383Wing

69charger2002

i hate where dodge is going. So sad too because they have shown just enough glimmers of hope at times to keep us believing(insert new challenger here)
oh well, they can't take away our classics.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

maxwellwedge

Those dudes were severely P-W'd. Even my wife said so.

ChgrSteve67

My wife was making a list of the items mentioned.

I told her I would drive a Toyota long before I agreed to any of that.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

Man, that ad in that link, what a dumb one!  :smilielol: 

resq302

Ok, the half time show reminds me of watching just about every opening credits for CSI.    :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on February 07, 2010, 08:12:14 PM
Ok, the half time show reminds me of watching just about every opening credits for CSI.    :lol:

:rofl: me too!!

And that commercial absolutely sucked.

Tilar

It was cool to see The Who again, but that commercial, I will put the seat down? Come on women, Take a look behind you before you throw that ass out of gear!  :rofl:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

john.v

Khyron

so what that is saying is that all the new Charger owners are p***y whipped :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mr.Woolery

My take on the commercial:

-I'm P-whipped.  
-Here's a list of what I do that proves I'm P-whipped.
-Here's what I drive.
-If you're P-whipped, maybe you should drive one too.

NET RESULT:  Chargers become the official P-whipped car.  Anyone who drives one doesn't have any testicles, because they're kept in a box in their wife/girlfriends possession.  One step up from a girly car reputation...might as well be a Miata.  :smilielol:

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

elacruze

Not me, NFL blocked the superbowl from military TV.

Boo NFL.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

ChgrSteve67

According to the comercial the new Charger is for pu*sies

:smilielol:

resq302

Quote from: Mr.Woolery on February 07, 2010, 11:43:19 PM
My take on the commercial:

-I'm P-whipped.  
-Here's a list of what I do that proves I'm P-whipped.
-Here's what I drive.
-If you're P-whipped, maybe you should drive one too.

NET RESULT:  Chargers become the official P-whipped car.  Anyone who drives one doesn't have any testicles, because they're kept in a box in their wife/girlfriends possession.  One step up from a girly car reputation...might as well be a Miata.  :smilielol:

Wow so not only is it an ugly 4 door charger wanna be, but, now it is the flag car for p-whipped men.
Brian

A383Wing

Another stupid one was the Simpsons Coke commercial....  :eek2:

ChgrSteve67

The Bud comercial with the bull that wants to be a clydesdale is also stupid.

Bring back the Bud Bowl

resq302

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on February 08, 2010, 12:31:06 AM
Bring back the Bud Bowl

Yup, that was pretty cool when they did that for a couple years.
Brian

Matthan

Old Moparz

I saw the Charger commercial as well as the attempt at humor in it, but didn't think it was funny or entertaining. The only commercial that I did find funny, was the Doritos one where the dog puts the shock collar on the guy who teased him.....LOL   :lol:

All the marketing in the world still can't make a Dorito taste any different than spray cleaner. Man, those things taste awful.  :eek2:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 08, 2010, 10:07:35 AM

All the marketing in the world still can't make a Dorito taste any different than spray cleaner. Man, those things taste awful.  :eek2:

I wanna make sure I don't get any doritos where you get them.  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 08, 2010, 10:07:35 AM
The only commercial that I did find funny, was the Doritos one where the dog puts the shock collar on the guy who teased him.....LOL   :lol:

:smilielol:  :iagree:

The wife and I thought that was hysterical too.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

FLG

Anyone notice that the end

"Mans last stand"

.....Could easily be changed to

"Four door sedan"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bull

Boy, tough crowd. :o I don't think anyone here hates the new "Charger" POS more than me and I kind of liked the commercial. I'm not sure where they got the V8 sound effects and it's sad that Dodge seems to be hanging its last hope on that pathetic excuse for a car but overall I thought the commercial was pretty creative. There were a whole lot of better commercials though. I loved all the Bud Light ads and that Betty White Snickers commercial just about had me squirting my drink out my nose.

On the other hand those stupid Denny's ads made me want to shut the TV off. And to that Audi "Green Police" ad didn't seem too far from reality. Basically it was just a metaphor for what's happening already.

Khyron

good thing too, because the glove box has just enough room for 2 testicales :lmao:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Quote from: Khyron on February 08, 2010, 03:18:04 PM

good thing too, because the glove box has just enough room for 2 testicales :lmao:

I thought those were supposed to be kept in her purse?

Khyron

well, she may let him take them out for the night ;) If he begs and makes sure the dish's are done first, ohh and the laundry is folded :D

BTW: My wife just got him, I told her about this thread, she said that the girls she worked with loved the commercial....... case and point! [/thread] LMAO

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

resq302

Remembering  movie growing up that dealt with an animal farm where the animals had a saying (only I modified it for the charger) two doors goooooood,  four doors baaaaddddd! :lol:
Brian

HeavyFuel

Quote from: bull on February 08, 2010, 03:16:23 PM
Boy, tough crowd. :o I don't think anyone here hates the new "Charger" POS more than me and I kind of liked the commercial. I'm not sure where they got the V8 sound effects and it's sad that Dodge seems to be hanging its last hope on that pathetic excuse for a car but overall I thought the commercial was pretty creative. There were a whole lot of better commercials though. I loved all the Bud Light ads and that Betty White Snickers commercial just about had me squirting my drink out my nose.

On the other hand those stupid Denny's ads made me want to shut the TV off. And to that Audi "Green Police" ad didn't seem too far from reality. Basically it was just a metaphor for what's happening already.

:yesnod:  I agree.

I look at it this way, the guy's not whipped; he's just listing the things that keep him out of the doghouse if he does them, and in return he gets to drive a modern muscle car.  Not a bad trade.

And c'mon.....you guys know that you do half of those pussy whipped things anyway, don't tell us you don't. :icon_smile_big:

Khyron

Quote from: HeavyFuel on February 08, 2010, 05:52:25 PM
And c'mon.....you guys know that you do half of those pussy whipped things anyway, don't tell us you don't. :icon_smile_big:

maybe about 1/4 ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mauve66

what the F***, the NFL blacked out the super bowl to the military, how the hell can they do that with satellites and cable????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

resq302

Nice way for the NFL to show our men and women defending our country how they feel about them.  Piss on you NFL! :RantExplode:
Brian

Ghoste

Quote from: mauve66 on February 08, 2010, 09:17:26 PM
what the F***, the NFL blacked out the super bowl to the military, how the hell can they do that with satellites and cable????

More like how the hell can they do that to the military?

METROID

:pullinghair: Why the heck do they waste so much promoting that damn thing :slap:. I wish Dodge would spend more of their advertising efforts on the Challenger. This commercial reminds me of how much I appreciate my "Everybody knows that Real Chargers don't have 4 Doors" license plate frame.

:RantExplode: The only purpose a 4 door Charger serves is :patrol:.

TUFCAT

I hardly do any of that shit right now..... and I still drive a nice car. These guys need to grow some balls and just buy the damn thing!

Plus, I wouldn't lose my manhood for a new generation Charger anyway!  On the otherhand.... to own a muscle car era Charger, I probably would!  :yesnod:

rp23g7

Quote from: METROID on February 09, 2010, 06:25:11 AM
:pullinghair: Why the heck do they waste so much promoting that damn thing :slap:. I wish Dodge would spend more of their advertising efforts on the Challenger. This commercial reminds me of how much I appreciate my "Everybody knows that Real Chargers don't have 4 Doors" license plate frame.

I agree, i dont even think i have seen a commercial for the Challenger

Ghoste

I get what they are trying to say in their ad but once again it seems that Dodge just doesn't get the market that would buy that car based on the name.  The people who have the swagger to own a car worthy of being called Charger aren't likely to be the ones who enslave themselves to their spouse in order to be permitted to have one luxury in life of their choosing.  They might go out of their way for their spouse merely because thats how they feel for that person but not because of some "last stand".  They are targeting men in the ad quite obviously but I think that most of the men who are going to repsong to that kind of ad are the same metrosexuals who truly covet a nice BMW sedan or perhaps even a Lexus.  They may be tempted to buy a Charger based on the name and the image it evokes but the kind of people who created the image aren't fooled.   :Twocents:

resq302

Quote from: METROID on February 09, 2010, 06:25:11 AM
:pullinghair:

Trust me, they don't even serve that purpose that well either!  The one we had in our department was out of service more than it was in service for electrical issues, 3 sets of brakes in 5000 miles, rotors, 2 broken motor mounts, the list goes on.  Needless to say we got rid if it within 8 mos and replaced it with a crown vic.  Also, there is a lack of room for a cage in those cars so in order to get a prisoner in there, you have to get a special cage which requires removal of the front pass seat.
Brian

d72hemi

Quote from: Ghoste on February 08, 2010, 09:36:28 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on February 08, 2010, 09:17:26 PM

More like how the hell can they do that to the military?

No one banned the Super Bowl from the military. I watched it this year and many past years while in Iraq (I spend 6 of every 12 months here). AFN (American Forces Network) broadcasted it on AFN Sports channel both live, and 12 hours later. AFN however does not broadcast any real commercials, however they fill in the time with crappy "commercials" about what is going on in the military, washing your hands, sexual assault, voting rights, and anything you do not want to listen to. AFN does try to make most of the "commercials" funny, but fail, especially considering that that they play them over and over; some of the commercials I seen in 2004 are still playing! So if you are deployed and did not see the Super Bowl, you are in a location that for some reason does not get AFN.

The worst part is that many bases offered BEER!!!!! why is that bad you may ask. because of the rules surrounding it made it nearly imposable to get the 2 cans of beer. Most people work a 12 hour shift somewhere around 0600-1800 and 1800-0600, and the only time you could get a beer is when you are off duty, at noon or midnight AKA in the middle of your sleep session. With all of the security in place it made you feel like you were being watched like a criminal, all for two 3.5% beers.     :brickwall:

At least I kicked my Airman out of work so he could get his first legal beer.

Ghoste

That's good to know (the part about the Superbowl not being banned from the military that is), thanks for clearing that up.

chargergirl

Doritos dog collar got my vote...been there done that...well the boys did...lol...memories!
Trust your Woobie!

71 Bee Man

G'day guys,

earlier today i read some of the posts here bagging the Superbowl Dodge Charger commercial. Well........I just got the chance to watch it.

LIGHTEN UP GUYS :icon_smile_big:. I think that's a great commercial. We get stuff all Mopar vehicles down here in Australia and would love to be able to even see commercials like that advertising a Chrysler product on TV.

Honestly, it was a funny commercial. :2thumbs:

Peter
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

mikesbbody

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on February 10, 2010, 02:52:00 AM
G'day guys,

earlier today i read some of the posts here bagging the Superbowl Dodge Charger commercial. Well........I just got the chance to watch it.

LIGHTEN UP GUYS :icon_smile_big:. I think that's a great commercial. We get stuff all Mopar vehicles down here in Australia and would love to be able to even see commercials like that advertising a Chrysler product on TV.

Honestly, it was a funny commercial. :2thumbs:

I have to agree everyone seems so hung up on the "4 door" thing so it's not a real Charger at least there's still the Challenger  :Twocents:

resq302

There won't be for long if Chrysler doesn't get their act together.  In order for a company to stay in business, they need to make a profit which Chrysler has not been doing!
Brian

METROID

Quote from: mikesbbody on February 10, 2010, 04:01:39 AM
I have to agree everyone seems so hung up on the "4 door" thing so it's not a real Charger at least there's still the Challenger  :Twocents:

Honestly, why is Chrysler using the Charger as their flag ship? :shruggy:

I am guessing they are using it because they feel the Charger covers all the basis a family would need in a car. I just wish they would stop trying to label it as a Charger and stop attempting to give it a bad boy image it doesn't have. I know everyone is not a 100% with me but I think the Challenger fills a good hunk of the target market for a Modern Muscle Mopar. The problem is they waste so much time and money on the Charger and never do anything for the Challenger. Either advertise the damn Challenger or change the Charger. :Twocents:

I'm just waiting for Chevy to release that Corvette mini van, Now that's a real mans car ;).

ionracer24

The only good part of that commercial was the sweet 70's music at the end...... :coolgleamA:
Real race cars have three pedals......

mikesbbody

"Either advertise the damn Challenger or change the Charger". :Twocents:

Just curious, do they not advertise the Challenger much over there? (i'm outside the USA)

Ghoste

DodgeChargerNeeded

The Charger commercial was horrible thats all I have to say why not do a Challenger commercial
Jeff

Khyron

"When she keeps your danglers in her change purse.....CHARGER!"

new slogan, i want royalties!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

ohhh and I could give a crap about the 4 doors, the 99 concept had 4 doors and it looked great. my problem is this car looks like a bag of smashed assholes..... so lets get that part right ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

The 99 concept had one of the ugliest noses of any car I've ever seen.  Ever.  Period.  Therefore, the 99 concept was a massive pile of shit, and I'm glad it was never made.  It was unworthy of the name of Charger, just because the nose was so God damned ugly.

Let's see how many here get the actual meaning behind my posting this...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

472 R/T SE

Yeah the concept was alright if you liked Mulletmaro's cause that's egzackly what it looked like.

Great commercial, great car!

Khyron

Quote from: TheGhost on February 11, 2010, 06:11:42 PM

Let's see how many here get the actual meaning behind my posting this...

i don't know, but I love your avatar :)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brass

In my mind, the commercial missed the mark entirely.  It would've been much more effective to leave the whole gender-angle alone.  Instead of relationships, it could've been about work; getting up early every day, staying late, slogging through your work, putting up with your boss and your clients - so you can experience the thrill of driving the Charger.  Maybe Dodge didn't want to imply that they're over-priced... Still, the relationship thing was just sad and stupid.  Kind of like the car.

mikesbbody

"my problem is this car looks like a bag of smashed assholes..... so lets get that part right  ;)"

I laughed so hard when I read that part Khyron  :2thumbs:

bull

All I know is that if a fugly four-door is really Man's Last Stand, we've lost. We might as well all say to hell with it, turn in our man cards and start wearing pink pajamas all day.

A383Wing

Quote from: bull on February 12, 2010, 02:12:21 AM
We might as well all say to hell with it, turn in our man cards and start wearing pink pajamas all day.

There's a visual of you I really did not need tonight.  :eek2:

mauve66

Quote from: bull on February 12, 2010, 02:12:21 AM
All I know is that if a fugly four-door is really Man's Last Stand, we've lost. We might as well all say to hell with it, turn in our man cards and start wearing pink pajamas all day.

doesn't everyone have a set matching their car????????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Magnumcharger

This is in direct response to the two Charger R/T commercials:

What is with this trend of Man bashing?

Ad #1: pathetic neutered males stating how they are basically slaves to their wives' whims, and eventually they're "allowed" to go outside and "play" with their toy cars.

Ad #2: pathetic weak male has a hissy fit while strong female stands firmly amidst a cascade of her possesions, waiting for her leather jacket to get tossed so she can gather up her keys and do a massively agressive burnout, thereby showing that she is indeed the master of the situation.

Imagine these two commercials with the roles reversed...
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mauve66

i haven't seen the 2nd one, whats she wearing besides the leather jacket.............................. :icon_smile_tongue:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

triple_green

I thought that Man's last stand commercial was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

I've been married for 25 years and compromise is a fact of (staying) married. If you can't do a little of that then you won't stay married long.

BTW, I think my Charger and all the money and time I spend on it pretty much shows she is being a team player on her side too!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)