News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats Important About A Charger

Started by MoparManJim, February 06, 2010, 05:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Hi you all, I'm not sure where to really post this at. It does have to do with a charger though. I'm not going to mention no names either.

As alot of us here own chargers and sold chargers to people, what would make a charger so importin to one person that he keeps on hounding and harassing a person for the last few years about the same charger that he once owned and sold?  

What is so important about a charger that a person will do this for?  

moparsons

I guess some sort of sentimantal value?   :shruggy: Maybe he has a lot of memories or wrench time tied up in that paticular car??? There does come a point when you just have to let it go though. :pity:

bull

I can speak to this since I can't get the current owner of my old '70 to give me the time of day. I guess I would start with a bit of a rebuttal by saying what's the problem with giving a guy what he wants? It's not like he's asking you to chop the heads off kittens or something. Maybe he just wants a few pictures or some anecdotal info about the car. It's about the hobby and sentimentality. I literally spent the lion's share of my life between 17 and 24 behind the wheel of my '70 Charger so there's an attachment to that. I let the Charger go (wish I hadn't) and now I'd like to revisit that and catch up, much like you would an old friend you haven't seen in 20 years.

The people I don't understand are the emotional androids who have no sentimental attachment to anything, living or otherwise.

By the way, the word you're looking for is "important" not importin. And I don't know what the heck "huddin" means. :shruggy:

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: bull on February 06, 2010, 06:57:06 PM

By the way, the word you're looking for is "important" not importin. And I don't know what the heck "huddin" means. :shruggy:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bein from australia thought this thread might relate to me now i know better  :2thumbs:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

MoparManJim

Well the thing is, the owner gave the other person afew chances to get the car back but yet the other person just kinda played games with the owner was all. The other person is emailing and still trying to get through when the owner have already stated to the other on open boards as to what the other person has/had to do and yet he didn't do it though and doesn't seem to want to do it either. This has been going on for quite some time now to the owner to a point where he bought/mentioned to the folks on a club about the whole deal. The other other person doesn't seem to get the hint at all. And failed to do what the owner had ask the other person before in order to buy the car back.   

If I was the other guy, I would stop pestoring the owner and playing games and find another car to get. 

TylerCharger69

i think he means "hounding".....not "huddin'"

Khyron

does anyone have a decoder ring for this freaking conversation, 'cause im lost!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

teddy1500

I can't really say this about a charger, But I had a 72 road runner when I was 17. it was a 400, 4 speed car, gy8 with a fawn interior. It got stolen when I was in the navy. not a week goes by when I don't waist some time looking for it. I've replaced it with a 71 road runner, a 73 charger, another 73 charger (they have the same outline as the 71/72 road runners) but even 20 years later, I still want MY road runner back. close just doesn't seem to work.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on February 07, 2010, 12:42:23 AM
does anyone have a decoder ring for this freaking conversation, 'cause im lost!

Okay, i'll say it slow and short so that you and the others will understand it LOL. 

Say you have your charger for sale and I come alone and buy it from you, then not long after you start emailing wanting photos and to buy it back. I tell you what you have to do in order to buy it back from me and say you didn't have funds but can get them and yet I say when you get them then get ahold of me. Well you start hounding me and harassing me about the car and then start calling me about as well. Now why would that charger be so important to you that you have to hound me and harass me for a very long time? when I told you what you had to do at the very beginning and yet you didn't do that. Now do you understand what thius conversation is about now? LOL

Khyron

Kinda, but to keep it simple

you buy charger from dude
dude wants to buy it back
you give dude price
dude has no money
you tell dude to call when he has money
dude keeps calling even though he has no money

right?

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on February 07, 2010, 01:04:57 AM

you give dude price
dude has no money

right?

Correct, see you understand it. But why would that car be so important though to the other that they would do a thing like that for though?

Khyron

he forgot he packed some coke in the rear quarter?

and my way of saying it was less cryptic ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

resq302

so then that means there must be some kind of burried gold inside that charger :scratchchin:   Maybe some large amount of cash stashed or possibly even some contraban!   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

400/6/PAC

Quote from: Khyron on February 07, 2010, 01:04:57 AM

you give dude price
dude has no money

right?
You Guy's crack Me up. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Patronus

I had a client like this once....
As far as we can tell its all about the Nazi gold
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Blakcharger440

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 06, 2010, 07:39:55 PM
Well the thing is, the owner gave the other person afew chances to get the car back but yet the other person just kinda played games with the owner was all. The other person is emailing and still trying to get through when the owner have already stated to the other on open boards as to what the other person has/had to do and yet he didn't do it though and doesn't seem to want to do it either. This has been going on for quite some time now to the owner to a point where he bought/mentioned to the folks on a club about the whole deal. The other other person doesn't seem to get the hint at all. And failed to do what the owner had ask the other person before in order to buy the car back.   

If I was the other guy, I would stop pestoring the owner and playing games and find another car to get. 

You keep mentioning that "what the other guy had to do"...is that your code word for telling him you would sell it
back to him for X amount of dollars? If that is what you meant then dont "hint" around just tell him it will take X amount of dollars to buy it back.

b5blue

Why can't you "just say" what exactly is going on?  :shruggy: I've had many crappy things happen over cars and could care less if I piss off someone who was/is a jerk. I made a promise to the guy I bought my car from, "IF I ever sell to give him first shot" it was his first car and he had it 17 years. He didn't ask, I offered, that was almost 15 years ago. The first thing he did when I handed him his 1500 bucks was ask to make a phone call, to a jerk who had been lowballing him for a year! We laughed our butts off because now the guy wanted the car and all of a sudden he had 1800 bucks right away! I had offers in the fist week of 1500 for the 440 and 2000 for the body from people just coming up to the house, just because it wasn't sitting behind a tranny shop hidden anymore. My offer to the seller still stands firm and will, he would have first shot but at my reasonable price. 

rt green

third string oil changer

kycarnut

WOW  :o it amazes me how far off topic these post can get. When you read between the line it appears that the seller just wants the buyer to know that he's tired of playing games (I will assume their both members here but I could be wrong) and to just put up or shut up. Of course there is always two sides to a story maybe the guy was in a bad spot and need some quick cash (aka sold cheap) and now the seller wants to make some money (nothing wrong with that to a point I mean banks have to charge interest) just as long as his not trying to make a killing on the guy. So now with that said back the the question "Whats Important about a Charger"

Well maybe it was your 1st car or the best car you ever owned. Your perhaps like me you dreamed and saved and suffered for this car. Maybe it was the 1st car you seen that you just didn't want to drive but you wanted to own and cherish and swell with pride everytime someone gave you the thumbs up or said "Cool Car". Sometime you just want to bottle that feeling up and keep it forever. Maybe the car holds fond memories (and I don't mean the dirty kind) it could be you brought your 1st born home in it, took your then girlfriend now wife out on your first date, or it maybe the first car you stuck your foot in and felt what it was like to go 100+. And while many of use hope to never lose that car life can be cruel and force us to do something we would otherwise never consider. Then when times are better we try so hard to regain that precious moment. If a car is just an investment for you you'll never understand what I just wrote. For the rest of us just go to the garage and set behind the wheel and breath deep.  ;D
Man Learns by Example JOHN 3:16.
You Only Go Around Once so Make It Count.
Lead, Follow, or Get Out of My Way.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on February 07, 2010, 10:51:49 AM

You keep mentioning that "what the other guy had to do"...is that your code word for telling him you would sell it
back to him for X amount of dollars? If that is what you meant then dont "hint" around just tell him it will take X amount of dollars to buy it back.

Because for one, I'm not the buyer or the seller. Or I would mention names. The buyer is a friend of mine. The seller is the dude that keep harassing him. Been for the last few years none stop now. The buyer also did give the seller the dollar amount of what it would cost him to buy the car back but yet the seller failed to even do anything and decided to hound him and harass him both by phone and also by emails and PMs. The seller had more then a good chance to buy the car back but yet he failed to listen to the buyer and what he had to do. 

charger_cody

Well if I understand what your saying, some people bought their charger knowing that they would do anything to get it running. Money is not an option. An example is 1969chargerrtse, he bought his car for several thousands of dollars, got it home drove it and all hell broke loose. He ripped the engine apart, repainted a couple thing redid the enterior eerything. He didnt care if he had to spend a couple more grand than what he bought the car for in the first place. He was going to get this car running if it ment throwing it off a cliff. Would he sell it? Hell no...

Cody

MoparManJim

Man, did some of you all go to cschool to learn or just for the women?  :scratchchin: 

I mean, the question is a pretty simple question ask and yet alot of you are having a hard time over understand almost any of it. Only maybe 2 members on here out of how many that had replyed with the "what do you mean or talking about" has red the question and answered to it. And it all involves a charger at that and I thought that most of you would understand the question very easy. I even explain it to Kryron so easy so that he understould it. How far in school did you all get?  :smilielol:. I mean a question so simple to answer but yet alot of you all are missing the target by a long shot  :smilielol: :smilielol: 

charger_cody

OK I GET IT!!! I read how khyron explained it.  :rofl:

Maybe because the person who owned it first didn't have a choice but to sell it. Maybe finacial reasons.

Cody

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 07, 2010, 02:16:46 PM
Man, did some of you all go to cschool to learn or just for the women?  :scratchchin:  

I went to cschool. I went to cschool lots and lots. Fer wimmin and da lernin.

Seriously though, if 10 people can't understand what you're saying maybe the communication problem is not theirs. :shruggy: Just a thought.

RECHRGD

Quote from: bull on February 07, 2010, 03:01:35 PM
Man, did some of you all go to cschool to learn or just for the women?  :scratchchin: 

Seriously though, if 10 people can't understand what you're saying maybe the communication problem is not theirs. :shruggy: Just a thought.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
13.53 @ 105.32

SeattleCharger

this was a bad thread to just skip to page 2, what the heck is going on here?   :lol:    
   I must read page 1,   hmm, first I gotta learn how to read,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on February 07, 2010, 03:01:35 PM
Man, did some of you all go to cschool to learn or just for the women?  :scratchchin:  

I'm sorry to say this man, but communication is not the problem, it's the readers that has the problem. Afew people that read it knew what I was asking, if they could read it then so can the others.  :shruggy: 

:lol: Also it was ask so dang simple to is what gets me. And yet all I heard was "What is he trying to say or ask?" when it's all right there in front of everyone  :lol:. I think some folks just went to school for other things besides learning  :smilielol: :lol: 

Maybe if I had ask why is Beer so dang important instead of a charger that maybe folks would have set up and read more clear on the subject at hand  :lol:

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Khyron on February 07, 2010, 01:34:30 AM
he forgot he packed some coke in the rear quarter?

and my way of saying it was less cryptic ;)

:lol:     

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:
M.M.J.
lettuce start with your post title...

What's important About a Charger?

See?.. Punctuation is pretty important.
Then there's all the extra words, your run on sentences and several spelling errors.
Also the sentence structure and extremely poor grammar.

Once Jim,..
 just for laughs I read your old posts.  :eek2:  

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 07, 2010, 08:21:23 PM
 :scratchchin:
M.M.J.
lettuce start with your post title...
What's so important About a Charger?

Punctuation is pretty important.

Disregarding extra words and run on sentences and several spelling errors per sentence.

Then there's the sentence structure and extremely poor grammar.

once Jim, just for laughs I read your old posts.  :eek2:   :smilielol:

Um... next time maybe I'll just draw a photo, then probably some of you still also will have a problem with understanding that.   :lol:

Khyron

wait, am I being insulted? I'll have to repeat what Bull said, if 10 people didn't understand your cryptic he said that's she said that u said that he said writing, I don't think it's us.

reword it like I did, I speak normal :nana:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

and I still think there is some coke in the quarters ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

The other other person doesn't seem to get the hint at all. And failed to do what the owner had ask the other person before in order to buy the car back.   

i when back and reread it...... I think i see the point of anger, you said he "failed to do what the owner told him to do" ... no money was ever mentioned.....

So I must ascertain...... he wouldn't give you a "Handy" for it?

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on February 07, 2010, 10:17:09 PM
The other other person doesn't seem to get the hint at all. And failed to do what the owner had ask the other person before in order to buy the car back.   

i when back and reread it...... I think i see the point of anger, you said he "failed to do what the owner told him to do" ... no money was ever mentioned.....

So I must ascertain...... he wouldn't give you a "Handy" for it?

Failed means, that when the owner told him what he had to do, as in get the funds, he didn't do it but rather hound the owner instead. He dailed to do what the owner said to do.  :shruggy:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on February 07, 2010, 10:12:07 PM
wait, am I being insulted? I'll have to repeat what Bull said, if 10 people didn't understand your cryptic he said that's she said that u said that he said writing, I don't think it's us.

reword it like I did, I speak normal :nana:

Well everything was said clearly, it is some that can't understand to good... I guess.  :scratchchin: 

Next time I'll draw a photo.  :lol:

Khyron

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 07, 2010, 10:48:36 PM

Well everything was said clearly, it is some that can't understand to good... I guess.  :scratchchin: 

"Everything I said what very clear, unfortunatly some people can't understand very well."

:nana:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on February 07, 2010, 11:28:35 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on February 07, 2010, 10:48:36 PM

"Everything I said what very clear, unfortunately some people can't understand very well."

How well do you like your tongue? :D, Has anyone ever heard of tongue chewy? :lol: 

That is the 2nd time today I had someone cyberlly give me the tongue!  :RantExplode: :smilielol:

I ask a simple questiong about a charger and two owners  and look where it leads to..  :lol:

Khyron

I still luv ya, but after my education being brought into it, I figured I would place the old "Glass house" routine in the thread. Im done now, lets go back to picking on the guy who won't give you a handy ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SeattleCharger

the question says,  what's important about a charger?           that is kind of vague, could mean anything almost.

what is important:   that it has some form of brake system before you drive it fast down hills,    the wheels on it,   having gas in the tank before driving, having an engine before you try and go up a hill,     a grill for looks,    the gas cap- cause its in a cool place,  

Jim, after I opened page one and read what you said, what you wrote made sense to me the first time through, didn't really notice spelling or grammar errors if there were any,    
 I gotta put in my  :Twocents: after all these slams on your clarity and spelling and grammar, seemed ok to me    :shruggy:    

1969chargerrtse

That there's not a lot of rust on the charger.  That's what's important.
Also that it has a big wing spoiler off the trunk, and if the engine is a HEMI and it's from 68/70, that also would be important. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charger01

ROFLMAO I read the post and knew who posted this before I even saw his name.  From all your posts at the cglfc, your postings definately stand out. :smilielol: :rofl:

MoparManJim

Quote from: charger01 on February 08, 2010, 02:12:30 PM
ROFLMAO I read the post and knew who posted this before I even saw his name.  From all your posts at the cglfc, your postings definately stand out. :smilielol: :rofl:

LOL, follow cglfc member ye?  nice to see you over here to. Sense the other person didn't want to tell us why the said car is so important to them, I thought I would ask the good members of this site what would be so important about a charger that a person would go to great leights to bug another for, for so long. I ask the question here to see what the members reason's could be if it was them.  :lol: 

I'm also glad that my post's stands out, at least they don't blend in with the others  :smilielol:

SeattleCharger

ok, so maybe a couple creative uses of grammar and spelling, but hardly not perfect, made sense, real clear, real good clear,
   anyone that can read would appreciate reading that

FLG

I read it but it took a second read to understand it...ya see, the problem is the vagueness.

Or maybe its me?

I start to read it, start hearing about the "seller" and the "buyer" and blah blah blah...and i get lost because we have no specific names and it all becomes one bag of coke in the rear quarters.

Can we give em names? Like "Bull" and "Khyron"...which btw is it just me or does everyone also call him "Khrylon" in there head instead of "Khyron"...cause i do.

Now where were we?

G-man

In My case the only important thing about a charger is the damn thing working and able to be driven!!!!!!!!!!

Since I was 23 Ive had a mopar and I still havent had a chance to drive it and im 27 next month.

*wants to nuke something*

MoparManJim

Quote from: G-man on February 09, 2010, 02:58:49 AM
In My case the only important thing about a charger is the damn thing working and able to be driven!!!!!!!!!!

Since I was 23 Ive had a mopar and I still havent had a chance to drive it and im 27 next month.

*wants to nuke something*

:o are me and you brothers some how? what you said there about your car sounds like me almost  :lol:

METROID

Khyron

Quote from: METROID on February 09, 2010, 05:07:21 AM
:leaving:
ITS THE "OTHER GUY!" GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see, now im paranoid someone is going to bother me to by my charger!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Quote from: FLG on February 09, 2010, 02:19:20 AM

Can we give em names? Like "Bull" and "Khyron"...which btw is it just me or does everyone also call him "Khrylon" in there head instead of "Khyron"...cause i do.

I get it all the time, people just call me rattle can boy, at least Brian does LOL

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

Please please please, sell me the cake back.    :'(   I wish I still had the cake and need it back so please sell it back to me.....  Give me a price.   I WANT THE CAKE !    :flame:  :flame:  :flame:   I need the cake...
Cake is good.   You must sell me the cake back....   I want to bring it home and put it on my table so I can get it in my mouth.  I've just got to have that cake.    :'(      :nana:

I think this is what himJim is saying.    :icon_smile_wink:   Buyer's remorse is what the first, second,   :scratchchin:  other guy has.    :nana:

Hey Jim, this is off topic a bit.   Do you have any pictures of your car ?    I don't think I've ever seen your car.  It's a General Lee right ? :shruggy:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Akron_Charger

four doors and electronic stability controws :stirthepot: nah i agree with the sentimental reasons for the older folks and the DOH fans trying to capture a symbol of their youth, as well as the image of the Charger as a kickbutt car. Certain people are just attracted to certain cars (even the ricers with the wings :eek2: )

Brock Lee

IQ dropping....

Feel intense urge .....

to buy gallon of orange paint..

and PBR...