News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Color dilemma

Started by Silver R/T, February 05, 2010, 08:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorwayCharger

I was thinking of this silver.
It is called Alubeam silver, cool effect but it may be to "Pimp my ride" ?
http://www.mirru.com/alubeam_chrome_paint_mercedes-benz_cl-65.htm
http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/american-chopper-snap-ins-liquid-metal-paint-job.html
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

nakita7

I do agree with the statements about selling it to someone who really wants a silver one. I am looking for an F8 R/T. Now, we all know that 99% of them are red/orange/lime/blue right now, right? I worked in a body shop and not at all interested in colour changing a car back to original, so of course I'm thinking in my head (everytime I see one of the green cars changed over)..."Why didn't he just sell it as a green car to me and get the one he wanted?" Right? We've all thought that at some point. I'm just simply not a fan of wasting both time and money, and that what I see here. Just get another one and get on with life. Remember, 68 Chargers aren't 'rare', there were lots of them made, the problem is finding one for sale, that's all. The point is, your exact car is out there, FOR YOU, and maybe there is someone looking for YOUR CAR too!

stripedelete

My 69 is originally B7 "hey lady, did you call a plumber" blue.  It was silver when I bought it.  I considered a deep red, but, I repainted it AA1 a couple of years ago. My memories were attached to a sliver charger not a red one. (I liked AA1 more than A4 and I thought I wold try to stay "period" if I couldn't bare to stay original)

Anyway, AA1 has a lot of grey, which really brought out the black.  It limited me to either a black stripe OR a black vinyl top.  Both of them, combined with the tires,  was IMO not pretty.  Since I'm a "delete" the emblems did the job with the top and the red is a nice accent.  

If you want the black top and black stripe, which is a great looking combo, go lighter but stay metallic.

My pics don't do the color justice.  The flash with the newer concrete floor sucks the life out of it.  But, let me know if you would like a few.

mauve66

still want to see a 2nd or 3rd gen painted

MAUVE

and no, photo shop doesn't count as they all look pink in PS
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nakita7

Quote from: mauve66 on February 06, 2010, 02:22:25 PM
still want to see a 2nd or 3rd gen painted

MAUVE

and no, photo shop doesn't count as they all look pink in PS

I'd like to see that too. My Dad has a 1966 Chrysler Windsor in mauve. Nice colour! Only looks good repainted though, when it fades it just looks like grey.

TylerCharger69

I dunno....B5 blue is nice.....not much of a silver fan here