News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would you get for 5K to use for a daily driver in the summer(UPDATE)2-5?

Started by greenpigs, January 20, 2010, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Jeep Wrangler!!!!!!!  The TJ's hold their value and you will have the top down in the summer.  I sold my 97 TJ 5 years ago for $7000 and i would probably pay $5000 to buy it back today.  They only get 17 mpg though with the 4.0L.  The smaller 2.5's do better though.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

stripedelete

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 26, 2010, 04:09:26 PM
Jeep Wrangler!!!!!!!  The TJ's hold their value and you will have the top down in the summer.  I sold my 97 TJ 5 years ago for $7000 and i would probably pay $5000 to buy it back today.  They only get 17 mpg though with the 4.0L.  The smaller 2.5's do better though.

And you get a convertible.  Another good call.

66chargerkid

NGC414

Another vote for a fox mustang. I would go for a 89 -93 though. 86 was much lower HP and 87-88 were non mass air. They run much better & easier to mod after they added 55mm mass air in 89. They also had forged pistons in 89. Awesome performance for the money. You can find some decent ones under 5k.

I also love the turbo regals. I would go for a 86-87 since they were intercooled and made much more power than the hot air cars. Fun, fast cars but very hard to find a decent one for 5k.

greenpigs

Well the guy backed out on buying the Vette, so I got the glass casket for the for seeable future.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free