News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW odd 70 R/T A32 car

Started by C_stripes, May 05, 2010, 12:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Okay guys, don't know much of the story on this car other than a friend of mine is looking at possibly buying it. It has some crazy options too. Let me know what you think.

E86   440-4 Barrel High Preformance
D32   H-D A-727 TorqueFlite Trans / Some Years A-998
XS29   
X = Dodge Charger
S = Special
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
U0G   
U = 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
0 = 1970
G = St. Louis, MO, USA
EV2   
Paint Code: Hemi Orange / Tor-Red Irid
C6XA   
Trim Grade/Style/Color
C = Charger
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X = Black
TX9   Upper Door Frame: Black / Black Velvet
A07   Date Built: 10 / 07 / 1969
******   Order Number: ******
V1X   Roof Type OR Color:  Full Vinyl Top - Black
A01   Light Package
A32   4.10:1 Dana 60 Performance Package
B51   Power Assisted Brakes
C16   Console w/ Buckets
C55   Bucket Seats
G33   Left Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Chrome
J25   3 Speed Variable Wipers
L31   Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
M21   Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M31   Belt Molding 69-70
M91   Luggage Rack Deck Lid
N85   Tachometer
N95   Nox Exhaust Emission Control
P31   Power Windows
R21   Solid State AM / FM
V6K   Unknown At This Time
26   26 in. Radiator
END   End of Codes

I'll have to post pics later on account that the attachment option here is stupid
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

C_stripes

Here are a few pics. To me, I notice some problems. I think that the gauge cluster has been changed as it's not wood grain, the stripe and luggage rack are gone as well as the paint doesn't look factory telling me there probably is some hidden body work. The air filter is off of a new car and totally looks stupid on there, who knows if the engine is orig or not. Anyway, please tell me what you all think so that I can give him an idea of what it is worth. Please be honest and tell me what you honestly would pay. None of that its worth $50K because thats what it goes for on Barrett Jackson BS please. I personally am thinking $10k-$12k as it looks like a chevy resto on it.

69bronzeT5

Not really sure what it's worth but if it helps, my friend's dad paid I believe $15,000 for this '70 R/T. It needs a complete resto but it runs. Interior isn't as nice as the one you posted. It's also got less options also.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

very cool car , just like my first mopar . Mine was yellow
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

It has a '69 dash cluster in it.... (hazzard switch on the dash....70 added it to the column)
Definitely a respray.....notice the orange on the inner lower doors.   Looks like a Chevy guy restored it ;)

Great starting point & I definitely wouldn't pass on it for these small items
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

C_stripes

No doubt a great starting point. But, I think it is over priced. The guy wants $18 for it and in this market, I think you can do better for that price.

472 R/T SE

V6K is the go mango stripe.  Wow that's gotta look cool, go mango on hemi orange.  That has to be striking looking.

Does it still have the Dana?  It's missing the little power steering cooler.  
To be honest I don't know that that's the right radiator either.  Sure, it codes out but w/ the 4:10's I would have thought a "956" for max cooling?
Why on earth was the cluster changed out?

If the drivetrain is #'s matching, it has the above mentioned stuff & the metal is virgin (not full of bondo) & I was looking, I'd prolly offer pretty close to his asking price.

There's lots of purple & blue cars but I've never seen an orange on orange w/ 4:10's behind a 727 Charger.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Sublime/Sixpack

You can only determine so much from photos. In the photos that you posted the car doesn't look all that bad, not a clean one owner but not bad. You'd think the owner would atleast wash the exterior and vacuum the interior.  ::) Maybe all that dust hides crappy body and paint. :shruggy:
I'd be concerned what the respray might be hiding.
A lot could be determined by a very close inspection of the car (in person). It might very well be worth $18K. I've seen people pay more than that for Chargers in worse condition.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

C_stripes

The thing about this car is, it's not really for sale. But the guy would sell it to my friend (depending on the day). From what I understand, the car has been sitting as seen for a wile. He's not trying to hide anything, just doesn't do anything with the car. I told him that he should never buy a car for anything over a few thousand without going over it very well. Thanks for all the info you guys have given so far. Would be a pretty wild car with that color combo. Anyone else ever heard of a car with those colors?

AKcharger

Chris G.

Quote from: C_stripes on May 05, 2010, 12:54:57 AM
V6K   Unknown At This Time

Are you sure it's not V6X? V6K is not a stripe code for a Charger.

Send me a tag pic. chris@1970chargerregistry.com  :2thumbs: :cheers:

472 R/T SE

I knew the bee stripe was limited in color choices but thought the wrap around stripe had more options.  Since you can get the light blue stripe I thought the orange was doable.  All I had to do was check the Registry instead of the white book.

Sorry, my bad...  I still stand by my original thoughts on worth.  216 cars w/ 4:10 behind a 440.  I know of only 2 cause I almost bought the other, and the other had cruise control.

V6F - Tape Stripe Longtitudinal - Green

V6X - Tape Stripe Longtitudinal - Black

V6W - Tape Stripe Longtitudinal - White

V6R - Tape Stripe Longtitudinal - Red

V6G - Tape Stripe Longtitudinal - Green

V6B - Tape Stripe Longtitudinal - Blue