News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CBD quarters WOW!!!!!

Started by motorcitydak, February 05, 2010, 03:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorcitydak

Just picked up a drivers side full quarter panel for my car. The panel is for a '69 and mine is a '68 so I will be cutting out my marker light hole and placing it in the '69 quarter. This thing was repoped by Classic Body Designs and they are made rite here in the USA! Actually not more than about 40 mile from me. The piece looks perfect, it matches my body lines in every way. The only thing I can see that require work are the holes for the gas cap bolts and there is a small piece that needs to be welded together, see pics below. Anyways, I just wanted to show off some top quality stuff for the other guys out there that are saving another piece of Mopar history. Please excuse the pics, Im a terrible photographer. Also, that is ice on the quarter. I had to haul it home in the bed of my truck when it was snowing and since it was inside when I picked it up, melted the first show that hit it.

This is the only part that will need a little attention before install, maybe 5 minutes of work here

And the other side of that pinch, really no big deal

96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

charger Downunder

looks good why would they paint it blue.
[/quote]

Charger-Bodie

There is supposed to be a small reinforcement plate on the back side where you show the space you need to weld up.....transfer it from the old 1/4 and you will be in business.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

YGBSM

What is the cost compared to Goodmark and AMD?  I heard somewhere they were much more expensive. 
'68 Charger R/T, numbers matching 440/727
Now with Hensley 496 stroker and Keisler 4-speed auto

Skyview69

Quote from: YGBSM on February 05, 2010, 10:00:12 AM
What is the cost compared to Goodmark and AMD?  I heard somewhere they were much more expensive. 

:popcrn:

Khyron

wait for it....... wait for it......

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RCKSTR

b5blue

tan top

thats looks like some nice sheet metal  :drool5: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

hemi-hampton

They make 68 quarters don't they? Why buy a 69 if you have a 68? LEON. :scratchchin:

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Troy

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 05, 2010, 07:28:59 PM
They make 68 quarters don't they? Why buy a 69 if you have a 68? LEON. :scratchchin:
Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on February 05, 2010, 07:37:39 PM
Quote from: charger Downunder on February 05, 2010, 03:46:26 AM
looks good why would they paint it blue.

I'm curious about that too.
I don't think this one is new guys...

New ones are about double the AMD quarters ($1400-1500 last time I checked). Sometimes you can find them cheaper when someone sells off their project.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

paironines

When CBD was at the Nats I believe that quarter was their display and that's why it's painted blue.

69rtse4spd

Nice looking quarter there, not to hi jack the thread, but when you replace the entire quarter do you restamp your Vin numbers on the trunk gutter, or cut out the old section & weld it back in. :shruggy:

gasoline_24

The trunk gutter is a seperate piece and you leave it and weld the two back together.

motorcitydak

Quote from: paironines on February 05, 2010, 09:13:59 PM
When CBD was at the Nats I believe that quarter was their display and that's why it's painted blue.

That is the one I now have and why its a '69 when mine is a '68. I cannot really say what I paid for it or how I came to acquire it, but someone else on here can if they so chose. I will get in contact with that person to see what more info they would like for me to disclose. I do want to add that the price of the 1/4's are no where near the $1400 like the used to be. It is much more reasonable now. I got a quote for a pair and will disclose that price if given the ok too. I have seen AMD and Goodmark stuff. I am comfortable saying that this piece is better and as close to if not better than NOS or OEM stuff. Plus all their stuff is made in the USA, unlike AMD. I am not sponsored by CBD in anyway and am not trying to endorse or push their products in any way. I just want to say that if you need sheet metal for your gen II Charger, then check it out http://classicbodydesigns.com/
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Troy

Ghoste

Hate to be the wet blanket but I have to chime in here and say that it really pisses me off when a company has a product but the price is a big secret.  Now I don't mean the price that was quoted to you Dak, if you offered some special deal and were asked to keep it to yourself I understand and respect that.  However, everything on their website seems to indicate that you have to call them to get a quote and my feelings on that are that if you are worried about someone seeing your price then I am automatically assuming it must be too damned high.  If you need to have a live person give me a "qoute" on your retail product that I can purchase from a few of your competitors at their stated price then you've lost me.  This isn't a new car or house so I don't need a sales rep to excite me to the point where the price doesn't matter or start cutting into the profit margin to entice if I seem too reluctant, it's a steel panel with a fixed cost that you know and can certainly have an established number on it for your website.
There, rant off and I feel better.

b5blue

Thanks for getting that off my chest!  :iagree:

69rtse4spd

motorcitydak

Ghoste I fully agree with you there. I saw the site a while ago and requested a quote. I was told $799 a side and was going to be able to pick it up at their site since I live so close. I just did not want to say the price for brand new ones if it was no longer correct.

I do not know why the prices are not stated on the web site yet they are listed up on here. I talked to the owner who told me that the quarters were $2000+ a piece when he took over the company. He has since gotten them down to what they are now. I cannot explain it, but I feel that the prices should be listed on line too
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Khyron

hmmmm, from $2000, to $1500, to $799...... so who got screwed by these guys when they where $2000????

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

squeakfinder

They were probably tying to pay for there tooling back when it was 2 grand a piece. Plus, I think when they started there wasn't any competition. Now AMD is in full swing and they probably have no choice but to bring the price down. Thank god we still have free trade/capitalism.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

rlushia

My prices are and have been posted in the topic of products and goods for sale. I have dropped them down considerably for two reasons. The first being that when I bought the company three years ago they were extremely high. I have tried to get them to a point where anyone can afford them. The last time I lowered them is was plain and simple, I realized that the economy is bad and I wanted to give people a break. These are made right here in the USA and anyone should be able to realize that it is a lot more expensive to build them here. I have had offers from company abroad to make them for me much cheaper but that is not the way I wanted to go. I am keeping some people working and I feel good about that. This particular piece was a display and I offered it to him because he was in need of one badly and money was and issue at this time for him. He seems to be a very nice guy and if it helped him I feel good about that also. I wish I could help more but you can only write off so many samples and that was mine. I think I am now in the ball park with the competitors but if not I can only do my best.

200MPH

Charger

hemi-hampton

Troy

Ron, I was wondering why I didn't see you at the WPC swap. I don't get up to your area very often.

Troy

rlushia

Hi Troy

I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to do much else. We do have a daughter in Columbus in fact we were there last weekend for your wonderful snow storm lol. Can you believe it we had none and you guys got hit so hard. I just didn't get to that meet. I am here if you ever need me though and we are not that far from each other.

Ron

Ghoste

Quote from: rlushia on February 07, 2010, 03:43:31 PM
My prices are and have been posted in the topic of products and goods for sale.

But Ron, are you going to post them on your website?