News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

paint job time

Started by twodko, February 04, 2010, 06:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

This is a tough question because there are so many variables but the shop who may get my paint work tells me about 4 months. Sound reasonable or not. Thanks guys.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TylerCharger69

Hmmmm...depends on if the prep work is already done, etc. etc.  If all they have to do is mask and paint...assuming it's BC CC,  4 months is kind of a long time if you ask me.  Providing that it's paint only!

twodko

I hear you bro. The car is stripped of all trim, bumpers, vinyl top, mirror and wheel well moulding. The only trim left is around the front and rear glass. There are a couple small dings and some light rust (thankfully) at the rear glass corners. Other than that its needs to be blocked, skimmed, primered and shot. What do you think?

Tom

SFRT

thats like 2 weeks max. around here anyways.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

twodko

Are you with the Chislers?

Tom

Silver R/T

Really depends how much bodywork they have to do and how busy they are. Also how many guys work there, if there's only one bodyman, that's a lot of work
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TylerCharger69

with all that needing attention....yeah....2 weeks tops!!

elitecustombody

agreed, depending on the amount of body work ,quality you want and how much work is at the shop, 4 months is a bit long unless you're after Concourse quality :Twocents:

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

Patronus

anybody wanna race? qtrs and valence in... 2 weeks 2 guys
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

SFRT

Quote from: twodko on February 04, 2010, 09:33:21 PM
Are you with the Chislers?

Tom