News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

differance between 73-74 b-body bucket seats ????

Started by toplescuda, February 04, 2010, 05:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toplescuda

i bought some seat covers for my 74 sat. bucket seats   and just fig there was a typo in the add (71-73) and the covers look dead on to my 74 covers   but then i looked in my year one and see that they list 71-73  and then 74 all by their self   so now my ? is  what is the differnace between the 73-74 bucket seats??   im hoping i didnt just make a $300 mistake
can you guys post your 73 and 74 (plymouth??) bucket seats?
mine has like 3 horzonal(sp?lol) with 6 buttons in top and bottom if i remember right

RD

74's had the 3 point harness seatbelt which, if i remember correctly, had a seatbelt guide on the top side of the bucket seat.  this probably accounts for a different seat cover to accommodate said guide... ask nacho for sure though.. i have never owned a 74.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

SG1022

Quote from: RD on February 04, 2010, 06:52:16 PM
74's had the 3 point harness seatbelt which, if i remember correctly, had a seatbelt guide on the top side of the bucket seat.  this probably accounts for a different seat cover to accommodate said guide... ask nacho for sure though.. i have never owned a 74.

One of them had seat mounted guides the other had body, I believe.

toplescuda

im not 100 percent sure but dont think the factory seats in my 74 sat has the clip on the seats

89MOPAR

I don't remember the seats exactly but the 74's used a 3 point seat belt like todays style [ one loop ]
The '73 s  had a seperate lap belt with a protruding "rivet"  ,  The 73 shoulder belt came across the chest and snatched into the lap belts "rivet". So it was more of a 3 point, 2 belt system.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Smokey Bear

I believe the only differences are the grain pattern and the fact that 74 has seat belt interlock sensors in them (?)

Rallye

The grain may be different (not sure), but some colors were 74 only.
Either way, I think the seat covers should fit and function just fine.
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

Smokey Bear

For what its worth, my 74 which has the original buckets in it, does not have any clips on the seats for the belts. I recovered them so long ago I could not tell you if they have the correct grain, though the pattern and buttons matched the original covers and look just like a 73 to me.

RD

Quote from: Smokey Bear on February 04, 2010, 11:45:06 PM
For what its worth, my 74 which has the original buckets in it, does not have any clips on the seats for the belts. I recovered them so long ago I could not tell you if they have the correct grain, though the pattern and buttons matched the original covers and look just like a 73 to me.

well there ya have it! lol.. i dont know jack about those 74 charger's seatbelt system.. so at least it is something lol
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

toplescuda

well it sounds like i will be ok    have any of you ever put new covers AND new foam pading     how does the foam atach,stay in place?

Nacho-RT74

only diff is the vinyl pattern

71s are totally diff
72/73 are exactly the same between them
74s are the same than earliers but the vinyl pattern
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chargerguy74

Not the greatest shot I know, but maybe this will help with the seat pattern or seatbelts...an original 74 bucket.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002