News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Show us your 69 chargers

Started by 69chargerrt440, February 03, 2010, 07:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

if OP is around I got a 69 charger for sale......I bought it and dont want it anymore settled for another 3rd gen charger isntead since those hold more value.

Dino

Quote from: cavemanno1 on February 07, 2012, 07:44:10 PM
Well,we still need a new windshield,paint but we got so fed up with the problems we are gonna sell her now!spent a lot more on her but these issues could have been cheaper if they told us about them!yeah,live and learn!i learned the hard way that i will never buy a car unseen!it just sucks big time when one destroyed otherone dream for few thousand bucks!put stress on me and my family!spent all my money on her and hoped to keep her all my life and pass her to my kid!thought they were upright i couldn't have been more wrong!now i can't even look at the car or i guess i didn't want her bad enough,maybe i don't know!

Time to step away from the car for a while.  Don't make any big decisions when you're emotional, it's a bad recipe.

Who knows, you may come back to it and find a way to clean it up and make it into a driver without breaking the bank so you can enjoy the car.  If you can sell it and get (most of) your money back then sure that's an option.  But don't do anything you may end up regretting. 

Forget about the paint and interior, focus on what it needs to be a strong runner.  You don't have to have it all restored right away.

Sorry you been had, I contacted them about the black 69 they had for sale last summer, which was overpriced by several grand.  These guys don't give a damn about what's right.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cavemanno1

I wish it was that simple like that Dino!Over here to register a 25years old or older car would require a special inspection!this ispection is so strickt that the car would have to be almost like the day it came out from the factory!We knew the interior wasn't perfect and had enough cash to make it good to past the inspection!However all the other unknow problems took away our savings for her!She runs good now but have out of cash and can not drive her without the numberplate!
At least i know what to look for in the next charger and i will see it personaly no matter how far it is,if we ever want to buy one!Our fault was that we really wanted a charger and was looking for one for a while and this came alonge with the rebuild engine and trans!but they must have used the old gasket because they were leaking oil!The gastank was so rustythat i do not know how they run the engine when shot the video we asked for!
Well enough said about this!i hope we can find someone that would love our car and make her their dream car!

kikgas01

I will have to do some research and see if they even have a dealers license. Maybe they are related to HLPAG!!!!!!!

472 R/T SE

cavemanno1, that thoroughly sucks man.
Word needs to get out so someone doesn't go through what you folks have.  That's what sucks for you folks.  You're really relying on the seller not to shaft you.  That's why in my last ebay auction for my 'cuda I said overseas buyers are welcomed to bid on the car.  I was confident & the car was everything I said it was.

I've bought my last 2 cars sight unseen except they came from 2 honest, well respected members here & every where else.

Darkman

It is a huge risk for us "overseas" buyers as you rely on word of mouth. When I bought mine, I expected it to need work as that is what I was after. However, when you look for and buy a decent car, you should expect to get it without too much work (especially when you pay top dollar for it).

You will never stop flippers, crooks, dealers and dishonest sellers, but you would hope that some still have a sense of decency to tell you the truth.

It is disgusting what happened to cavemanno1 and his wife. They have now been burned and hate the car (considering they turned down a really nice car for the one they got). I would hope that (but not likely) the seller has guilt as to what they have done. It ruins the hobby for everyone when things like this happen.

Cavemanno1, I do hope you reconsider getting rid of the car. Turn all your hatred onto the seller, not the car
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Back N Black

Its time for the seller to chime in and start explaining.  :popcrn:

jaak

Nothing wrong with buying/reselling cars, you guys need to lighten up.

Jason

kikgas01

The problem I have is buying cars and selling them for a profit is NOT being truthful and SCREWING people by selling junk and selling a sob story to get the car only to make a HUGE profit. I hate LIARS!!!!! I buy and sell too. I get bored with a car but stick money in it during the way, then sell it to get a different one that I want. I have NEVER had anyone unhappy with what they bought. I have a Bliesmobile in Japan, a Comet in Aussi and a Vette just went to France. This is over a number of years (accept my vette) but everyone has ALWAYS been happy.

magnum

Quote from: kikgas01 on February 09, 2012, 07:08:33 PM
The problem I have is buying cars and selling them for a profit is NOT being truthful and SCREWING people by selling junk and selling a sob story to get the car only to make a HUGE profit. I hate LIARS!!!!! I buy and sell too. I get bored with a car but stick money in it during the way, then sell it to get a different one that I want. I have NEVER had anyone unhappy with what they bought. I have a Bliesmobile in Japan, a Comet in Aussi and a Vette just went to France. This is over a number of years (accept my vette) but everyone has ALWAYS been happy.
Well put! :cheers:
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

kikgas01

See ya in a couple weeks buddy. Wish ya could ride up with me in my Rosco car  and spend the day with John Schneider. It will be a blast since they are using my car for display for him.

cavemanno1

Quote from: Darkman on February 09, 2012, 05:54:52 PM
It is a huge risk for us "overseas" buyers as you rely on word of mouth. When I bought mine, I expected it to need work as that is what I was after. However, when you look for and buy a decent car, you should expect to get it without too much work (especially when you pay top dollar for it).

You will never stop flippers, crooks, dealers and dishonest sellers, but you would hope that some still have a sense of decency to tell you the truth.

It is disgusting what happened to cavemanno1 and his wife. They have now been burned and hate the car (considering they turned down a really nice car for the one they got). I would hope that (but not likely) the seller has guilt as to what they have done. It ruins the hobby for everyone when things like this happen.

Cavemanno1, I do hope you reconsider getting rid of the car. Turn all your hatred onto the seller, not the car

Darkman!

I do Not hate anyone for what they have done!I believe everything happens to a reason!We got our dream car and had fun with it especially we drove her on our wedding!I only wish we knew about the hidden problems and could have acted accordingly!The sad part is we turned down a very nice 4speed car that was everything we wanted!68rrflyer's car was that and he done an awesome job on it!He is still a good friend of ours!The only problem was that over here to register an old car has to be original!Factory paint code,number matching or at least same year engine trans!This one was a r/t clone an automatic converted to 4speed which i always wanted by the way!The wife loved the colour and it was just beautifully!But stupid regulations,laws are over here!Hell if you click on any news channel you can see what the hell happening in this country!It's madness but that is an other story!

I have no problems with flipping cars at all!Everyone needs a living and they do what they can!However i have problem with screwing people over!I do not think they need to do business that way!We trusted them with sending a lot of money and they can't even tell me that the windscreen is cracked or non of the gauges work,have scratches on the paint and they painted the trunk lid in a duststorm because it looks like that!or the brakes don't work when we waited 2weeks for the "new" brakebooster to arrive and installed!Well tell me the problems then i consider if I'm gonna buy it or not!If we knew all this no way we would have bought her!All the money we spent on her we could have gotten a better car to start with!

But as i said i do not hate anyone for this,life is too sort for that(cliche,sorry)!Live and learn and it could have been worse!

Darkman

That is my point, list the issues and let the buyer make the decision. After all, these are not your typical used cars. By all means, buy and flip the car, but be at least a little honest about it.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

For the record.I have no issue with buying and selling, making a profit where possible. In fact, over the weekend, I made 60% profit on a large item I owned for a brief period, selling for what I thought was a fair price - I just happened to get a great deal when I bought. But that's not my point...

The point of many here, is we have someone who flips cars and claims to sell nice machines. Based on the reports above, sounds like the cars are not all that great and deals fair to the seller. It further sounds like they used questionable tactics to buy a car (a General Lee) as a project for the family, but really bought to flip. Nice...  :popcrn:

The other point, is don't start a thread, thinly veiled as a "want pictures" thread of 69 Chargers, to presumably go "shopping" for your next flipers  ::)

McFlipper has been busted and of course he has not been back to the thread they started, properly responding to the questions about their practices from some of their own customers.  :popcrn:

In closing, as a business, they should be licensed by the Ohio BMV for the number of cars they are selling. Are they?  :popcrn:

kikgas01

Troy

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on February 08, 2012, 10:16:24 PM
http://bmv.ohio.gov/registration_buy_used_vehicle.stm

5 vehicles in 12 mos. = dealer's license: http://ohioautodealers.com/faq.stm#tog
Here's a funny story about that....

once upon a time there was another Charger flipper in Ohio that frequented this board. I was at his shop/warehouse/building once and it was loaded with newer cars. The story was that he was an ex-cop and had a deal with the local police to buy impound cars which he'd then flip on eBay. After selling a bunch of cars he gets a notice (city/state?) that he needs a dealer license so he applies. He is then turned down because he doesn't have a "lot" or physical presence for customers to visit. So, now he can't get the dealer license but isn't supposed to sell cars without one - even though he's selling cars for the police! It's all about tax revenue any way so as long as he paid they didn't seem to complain any more.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

buckeyecharger

So I am a guy who loves DC.com and wants to build good relationships with you guys on this site. As some of you know I am collecting parts for my restoration and will be asking some questions and needing some help in the future. So I don't want to be black balled for posting my experience, so here it is. I bought my green 69 charger 383 matching numbers car from them a little over a year ago. I saw it on ebay, knew that it was a few hours away and called them up to see if it was worth looking at. It sounded good so I went and saw the car on a Saturday morning at their shop. I spent about 3 hours there looking at the car, listening to the engine, took it out for a drive, put it on a lift and looked under it. I went over every inch of the car. It was exactly what they described on the phone. He told me he got it from FL and only had it a few months. He told me he had sold over two dozen 69 chargers and only 69 chargers b/c that was his passion. He showed me pics of his 69 charger (the black one in there pic). I saw 2 other 69 chargers he had in the shop. One was a nice project, the other was a total restoration they were doing and then selling. So all 3 cars seemed pretty nice. I stood in his shop for awhile to get a feel for what kind of guy he was, nothing seemed fishy to me.

I bought the green 69 charger a few days after that. I love the car, it's been great. His son Tate (who is only in HS) still PM's me to see how I'm doing and I have called Tim for some pointers and help. So what I am saying is I never had any issues with these guys, I knew he was a flipper, but I didn't care because the Charger was nice and the price was fair. I am guessing that he made about $1,000 dollars profit on my car.

Sorry to hear that someone didn't have the same experience as me and if they told a seller they were buying for a family project, I can't agree with that. But honestly, I think they're pretty good people. I am just telling you what I know.  Just my :Twocents: Take it for what it is worth. Maybe someone else on here who bought their 69 charger from them will chime in. 

kikgas01

cavemanno1

buckeyecharger!

I'm happy that you had a good experience with them!I didn't start a thread to bash them!If i wanted i would have done it a year ago when we got the car!What's done is done!It just came out the other day!I never said they always do business like that i only said what we experienced!I wish i could have checked the car out personally as well!I was new to chargers(still am) and even though there were a few members from here looking at pictures of the car but we didn't foreseen these problems!We knew it wasn't a show car but all the things that claimed to be working weren't!The reason to buy this one was  the rebuild engine and trans so we would only need to redo the interior!When it arrived to my shipper in Netherland he couldn't start it and had to change the fuelpump because of the rusty tank!Now I'm asking you if you rebuild the engine and trans why on earth wouldn't you check or change the gastank?It's only a $120!then the windscreen?They sent a lot of pictures and we asked them for a list of problems!Never mentioned about the leaking engine trans,cracked glass missing interior bit's shitty paintjob new and old!Every angle of the car was shot so the problems weren't visible!

Now i think too much said about this so i stop writing!I'm sure they are nice guy,hell someone says my mother in law is a nice person but i can't stand her at all!So it's comes down to what you experienced!

Let's just them be and get on with life,we did!I'm not sorry if i offended anyone because i can back up my claims!however i have no grudge with anyone and don't want to waist energy arguing who is right who is wrong!

Thanks

magnum

Quote from: kikgas01 on February 10, 2012, 04:34:58 PM
Is that Magnums old car?
Dont think it is as he said its numbers matching. Its not suppose to be done till spring.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

cavemanno1

cavemanno1

cavemanno1

cavemanno1

:icon_smile_big: