News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a new job

Started by runningman, February 03, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Most of you probably know that I work at Chrysler as an industrial electrician and that I was recently laid off as a tradesman and working production at the 3.7 engine plant.  Got a call late last week notifying me that I was being picked up as an electrician at the Jefferson assembly plant.  I started on Monday and getting the basic orientation and safety training this week.  The 3.7 plant is scheduled to stop production around 2012 or 13 so I think this will be a good move.  The Jefferson plant is getting ready to start production of the new Grand Cherokee in the summer and I have seen a few and they look really nice...we are also supposed to start building a new replacement for the Durango towards the end of the year which also looks pretty nice.  Hopefully this will help Chrysler become profitable once again.

tan top

congratulations  , sounds good  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Believe it or not working at an automotive assembly plant would be a dream job for me....not sure at what capacity but just being on the floor would do it.

Congrats on the new work as well :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

runningman

Thanks!  It is kind of strange, I have always worked in powertrain so it's definitely a change of scenery.  I am glad I didn't have to go as production, from what I see most of them are working their butts off.  I have been running CNC machines that were doing the rough machining on the pins on the 3.7 cranks since being laid off for the last month.  They kept me pretty busy but I did have a chance to use the bathroom once in awhile.  I am hoping to be able to get into the World Class Manufacturing program in some capacity in the future.  This is what I was doing exclusively at the plant before being laid off.

Tilar

Congrats on the new job! You're lucky. It seems like a lot of people in production plants are losing their jobs.

My sister works at the GM plant in Mansfield Ohio as a consultant for people that are losing their jobs. It's amazing how political all of this is. It went from being the most productive stamping plant that GM had to the final stages of shutdown. I went through the plant about a month ago and they had removed all but maybe 8 presses. They were still building Impala hoods, pickup door skins and a few small parts, but 3/4 of the plant was empty. They were due for a total shutdown on January 31st but got a temporary reprieve of a couple weeks. Depressing... Maybe she needs to suggest to people to go to work for Chrysler?   :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

runningman

Thanks, yes I can relate.  The 3.7 plant is only 10 yrs old or so and had won many awards for productivity and is scheduled to stop production anyway.  We are still hoping to get a new product there, I would be able to go back with my seniority.  When you get transferred to a new plant you go with day one seniority unless your home plant ends up closing.  From what I understand they are talking about adding 1000 people or so for full second shift production in the summer.  We are the first group so that should help a little.

200MPH

Charger

b5blue

SUPER GOOD NEWS Matt! (I started my new job at the V.A. this week also.)

200MPH

Congrats to all finding employment !
Charger

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

vancamp

runningman

Quote from: b5blue on February 03, 2010, 06:11:25 PM
SUPER GOOD NEWS Matt! (I started my new job at the V.A. this week also.)

Thanks everyone!  Neal, that's awesome.  Being a veteran I had been trying to get into the post office the last year or so.  I took the electronic tech test and passed and had an interview but that was when they had just put a freeze on hiring so I wasn't expecting much.  I am glad everything is working out at Chrysler for now.  I hope you enjoy your new job!

Matt

bull

Good news. Being laid off sucks but it sounds like you didn't get much time off to worry about it.

BTW, what's the Durango replacement?

Silver R/T

congrats! As long as American workers have jobs that is good news to hear
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

runningman

Quote from: bull on February 03, 2010, 09:18:16 PM
Good news. Being laid off sucks but it sounds like you didn't get much time off to worry about it.

I haven't heard too many details on the Durango replacement yet, we did see a pic real quick but not sure if it was an rendering.  They aren't sure what it will be called yet.

b5blue

I hope it's like the M-80 concept truck Matt.  :yesnod:

bull

Quote from: runningman on February 04, 2010, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: bull on February 03, 2010, 09:18:16 PM

I haven't heard too many details on the Durango replacement yet, we did see a pic real quick but not sure if it was an rendering.  They aren't sure what it will be called yet.

I hate to see that line go for the most part. I've had two Dakotas and one Durango and they've been good to me.

chargergirl

This year has been tough...good for you!
Trust your Woobie!

runningman

Quote from: chargergirl on February 05, 2010, 10:01:53 PM
This year has been tough...good for you!

Thanks!  :2thumbs:

If I hear more about the Durango I'll post some info..