News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

favorite song/music/singer

Started by Bandit72, December 05, 2005, 09:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

just wondering

my favorite song is probably folsom prison blues
i listen to mostly country, but i do like some shinedown and linkin park
my favorite singer would have to be johnny cash followed closely by waylon jennings.
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

my73charger

I like Waylon, Cash, Hank, and so on.  But, I am a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan through and through (as some may have gathered).  Nothing better in my opinion than cruising in my 73 Charger with a Skynyrd tune playing.   :rock: :rock: :rock:

Man!  I almost forgot, Charlie Daniels and Molly Hatchet!  They Rock too!!

Brock Samson

cracks me up that this J. Cash movie comes out and suddenly everyone is so into Johnny Cash...
he was almost never mentioned intill a month ago...  :icon_smile: go and get pissed off all ya want...

Afflyer

Seems like every time I get behind the wheel of my Charger, "Red Barchetta" from Rush, starts turnin in my brain!!!

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

General_01

Lynyrd Skynyrd is my favorite band. I love "T for Texas". That is one kicka** song. :yesnod:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

694spdRT

Quote from: Stratocharger on December 05, 2005, 10:19:46 PM
cracks me up that this J. Cash movie comes out and suddenly everyone is so into Johnny Cash...
he was almost never mentioned intill a month ago...   :icon_smile: go and get pissed off all ya want...

That is how it seems....although I was a Johnny Cash fan long before it became the "in" thing. I was not even born when he was really popular back in the 60's and early 70's. I grew up with a father that listened to Cash, George Jones, and Waylon Jennings so it was a natural. Cash is the main one I like as far as classic country is concerned.

I also like Sheryl Crow, Dwight Yoakham, John Mellencamp, and George Thourogood. Truthfully I jump around a lot and even like The Black Eyed Peas....although Fergie has a lot to do with that.   :drool5:     
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TruckDriver

My favorite song is "Gods Of War" by Def Leppard

I listen to mostly hard rock, but i do like some country.

My favorite singer would have to be Eddie Money or Bryan Adams.

My 3 all time fav. bands in order are; 1)Def Leppard, 2)Victory(German hard rock) 3)Bachman Turner Overdrive.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: Afflyer on December 05, 2005, 10:21:04 PM
Seems like every time I get behind the wheel of my Charger, "Red Barchetta" from Rush, starts turnin in my brain!!!

Bradley
BINGO !!! My favorite band and all time favorite song = know it word for word / note for note.... from the first few guitar notes I get a chill that runs down my spine!!    Wind in my hair / shifting and drifting / mechanical music / adrenalin surge !!!

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Bandit72

he was almost never mentioned intill a month ago...  :icon_smile: go and get pissed off all ya want...

i loved that movie, but i have been a johnny cash fan ever since i was like 5....

Brock Samson

ok,..   yur allright kid...   ;)

I'll see if Todd will skip the bloodletting and leech thing..

but ya' gotta post some pics..  ;)

Bandit72

lol, alright, i'm working on the pics thing...i'm supposed to get my buddys camera tommorow, but he doens't know if he has everything to put it on a computer anymore..so we'll see how that turns out. if not i'll have to con a friend into scanning some this weekend...

Andrew

derailed

Ive got alot of favorite songs but the one that seems to come to mind the most would be Come and Go Blues by the Allman Brothers

Lowprofile

Right now, I've got 2 songs always burning in my head.........

Joe Cocker's version of "Unchain my Heart"  &   Boston's  "Peace of Mind".
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Grizzly

he was almost never mentioned intill a month ago...   :icon_smile: go and get pissed off all ya want...

Oh I don't know.... Cash won a posthumous Grammy last year for his video/song "Hurt". It may have been a build up but he was still making some noise even after death....  :icon_smile:

ramit

my favorite singer is Waylon Jennings.  I grew up with my dad listening to waylon and willie on 8 track tapes and now I still listen to them.  I like all types of music though.

derailed

I like Waylon to. Him and Johnny Cash and Jerry Reed were about the only 3 country artist I can tolerate

andy74

i like all types of music,except rap.my favs depend on my mood,which today being fairly agressive,is rage against the machine,pantera and marilyn manson.when im mellow its usually dwight yokam,willie,george jones, and mixed with cake,bare naked ladies,john lennon,beatles.my music collection blows some peoples minds,such a wide variety,even have some 80s pop,right next to megadeth,alice in chains and my other grunge albums,mixed with the doors,hendrix and some new christmas cd my wife just bought!

Brock Samson

The Ghoul

If I had to pick just one i would SRV. Odd choice for a 23 year old eh?

hemihead

I like a variety of Rock, no Pop or Rap please. I think of none better than Led Zeppelin.I also like Buddy Holly,Def Leppard,April Wine,and Triumph.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Brock Samson

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2010/07/ask-a-real-musician-5-classic-male-metal-singers/

If you're a singer, you should be following Claudia Friedlander's blog. The classically-trained, New York-based voice teacher provides sage advice not only for singers for all types, but also for musicians and people in general.

Although at least one of her students sings metal, Friedlander knows virtually nothing about it. I wondered what she would think of some of metal's most classic male singers – the foundation of the artform. It's rare to find someone who isn't familiar with any of these singers. Her perspective would be a fresh one, free of cultural baggage. I sent her five completely unidentified songs. Her comments are below. I have also included initial reactions she sent me immediately upon hearing the singers.

zoecube

69bronzeT5

I don't really have a favorite but here are some of them... :coolgleamA:

Song: Crazy Train (Ozzy), Detroit Rock City (KISS), Nightrain (GNR)
Music: Hard Rock & Heavy Metal but I'm open to everything really except rap
Bands: Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Van Halen, KISS, Ozzy, Bon Jovi
Singer: Ronnie James Dio (Dio & Black Sabbath), Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Freddie Mercury (Queen)
Guitarist: Randy Rhoads, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, Janick Gers, Eddie Van Halen, Kirk Hammett, James Hetfield
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 25, 2010, 04:56:03 PM
I don't really have a favorite but here are some of them... :coolgleamA:

Song: Crazy Train (Ozzy), Detroit Rock City (KISS), Nightrain (GNR)
Music: Hard Rock & Heavy Metal but I'm open to everything really except rap
Bands: Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Van Halen, KISS, Ozzy, Bon Jovi
Singer: Ronnie James Dio (Dio & Black Sabbath), Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Freddie Mercury (Queen)
Guitarist: Randy Rhoads, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, Janick Gers, Eddie Van Halen, Kirk Hammett, James Hetfield

Elvis and OZZY are my gods.
and pretty much what Cody said except I will listen to everything including rap.

Music is king
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?