News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ProMagnum lifter preload question

Started by RECHRGD, February 05, 2010, 06:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

On my 440, when doing a cam upgrade a couple of years ago I used the Comp ProMagnum hydraulic lifters.  In their instructions they say to set them between zero lash to 1/8 turn.  That's the way it has been running since then.  I recently had a local shop pull and mill my heads.  I told him (shop owner) about the lash setting and he said he preferred to set them at 1/2 turn.  He's got a good reputation so I didn't question much.  I'm wondering now though if I shouldn't put them back to the recommended setting.  Will any damage be caused by this?  Why do those particular lifters want so little lash.  Thanks,  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

oldkimmer

............ACTUALLY I LIKE .006 THOU PRELOAD...........1/2 turn is too much...........kim............
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!