News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nasty E-mail exchange with Charger Seller-

Started by 89MOPAR, February 02, 2010, 04:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

89MOPAR

Tell me if i went too harsh on this seller. Maybe i need to be reined in.  Been on these boards since the inception + the old site before, back to about 2001.  I've helped a few members, and hung out with some others.

One thing that angers me is when i see an ad for a Charger for sale that seems to be deceitfull.  A lot of horror stories are on here from guys on the wrong end of that type of deal.  Usually i'm low key...but sometimes not.
     I invited the other dude onto the site to respond.  If he does i guess we can hash it out then.
His advertisement sounds like a dealer quoting the NADA value guide.  The ad is running on 'cars-on-line' website.

To: torq101@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, January 22, 2010 10:47:50 PM
Subject: 1974 Dodge Charger on CarsOnline.com

Your charger is Not a rallye edition.
Just thought you should know.
If it was a rally it would have the round gages, bulge hood, front and rear sway bars, hood pins, etc.
Your car has an added rallye stripe, that's all.
Good luck selling.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but it should be advertised honestly.
Nice car otherwise.

http://cars-on-line.com/39278.html

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 21:05
To: Miccio, Paul B CIV NAVFAC NW
Subject: Re: 1974 Dodge Charger on CarsOnline.com <http://carsonline.com/>  <http://carsonline.com/>

I love you guys that know nothing about cars! especially Dodges, not all rally packages came with bulged hoods and pins, the car has sway bars, stripe, wheel group, front buckets, etc, the build sheet states rally package and bellow has deletes and adds on the build sheet and window sticker, so you need to research how you could order the cars; before you e-mail someone not knowing what you are talking about. the car has all documentation, and is recorded one of one.

From: "Miccio, Paul B CIV NAVFAC NW" <paul.miccio@navy.mil>
To: Dave Uncles <torq101@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 2:46:04 PM
Subject: 1974 charger ad mistakes.

1st- there's a lot of shady folks trying to sell something prettied up to be something it is not. If you have a truly weird combination of charger than congrats to you ! Seriously.

" This car was looked at from a well known Dodge appraiser and said possibly one of one ordered with this color, trim and engine combination and well documented ".....this translates to-- its possibly one of one That He Has Seen, not 1 of 1 ever made, I don't care if its GGovier or anyone else. IF you know this stuff that well, you know the documentation Chrysler ofetn kept was in terms of percentages of cars that had that particular option - ie [ 40% of car had A/C or 15% got the light pkg, etc] making it quite hard to truly document any mopar as 1 of 1.
Hmmmn, one of one red 74 chargers with a 318 and the upscale interior...yeah, ok.

2nd - Chrysler spelled the package Rallye - with an E at the end !
3rd - I've owned 2 Rallye chargers with broadcast sheets and documentation.
4th - So your telling me the car was special ordered With a Flat hood AND WITHOUT the round rallye gages also ??  -- if so congrats again , I think....

You can advertise it saying " well this is a rallye car, but some doofus ordered it with the plain rectangle gage and flat hood, and the smallest engine available " - Maybe some honesty interjected into the ad ?

5th - worth almost $33,000 dollars ??
Really ??...with a carpeted dash cover probably covering cracks in the dash??  BWAHAHAHA.  IF you get lucky , Very very lucky, it may sell for $15,000. You should know a guy can step into a 440R/T , or 400 4 spd rallye charger for about $20K these days.

Good luck selling, I'm glad you enjoy your chargers uniqueness, you may want to loosen up on the attitude, might cost you a buyer down the line.

Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:03
Subject: Re: 1974 charger ad mistakes.

My 1971 440 charger sold for 49,000.00 at a great deal last month. The cars are bringing over 50,000 in the shape of mine. I have two other 71 chargers that I have been offered allot more than the one I sold. If you know where I can buy a clean 1971-1974 Rallye 440 car in good shape for twenty let me know because I will buy all of them. The add states possibly one of one red 318 cars, learn how to read! When my secretary placed my add she used spell check, it corrects the spelling on Rallye to Rally, people get it Daaaa! people order the cars for what they like, sorry it does not meet what you would order, but then again you supposedly have owned a few rallye's, ya right!! you haven't owned shit! the dash ass hole had one small crack and was completely redone by a company that specializes in Dodge dashes and sent the protector back with the newly redone dash. You really need to go get a life or go crawl back in the hole you came from. Leave the the cars to people like us that know what we are talking about. I forwarded your little message to some of my well known collector buddy's that have seen my collection, so they could have a good laugh...because we all ready sold the car in Arizona for 27,500 at auction. ha! ha! ha! Loose my e-mail asshole and go fuck your self! Fucking wanna bee!

From: "Miccio, Paul B CIV NAVFAC NW" <paul.miccio@navy.mil>
To: Dave Uncles <torq101@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sun, January 31, 2010 4:18:56 PM
Subject: RE: 1974 charger sale CONGRATULATIONS

Well I guess you can pull your ad then ?
And you know which cars I've owned how exactly ? 
Obviously you don't know.

See buddy, if you read it again you'll see , I offered congrats for having a weird combo of Charger, which I meant.  But you're a little too blinded by rage to get that far.

Ahhhh ok, you have more money than others. Nice crutch! Can you tell one end of a wrench from the other?  Oh wait, you are probably competent in any and every facet of auto repair ...
Funny thing is, I bet your buddies see a fair amount of truth in my last e-mail.

Which auction company ?  $27.5 minus fees is really good for a weird 318 car. There's a sucker for every seat. Sounds like they did an excellent job.

Easy to talk badass thru an E-mail isn't it ?  Ok tough guy, go kick a dog and hit your wife now...if she hasn't left you yet.
  I don't write checks with my mouth, that my body can't cash. Maybe you need to learn that lesson.  Don't forget to look over your shoulder...at your nice cars that is.

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 7:55
Subject: Re: 1974 charger sale CONGRATULATIONS

Hey looser didn't I tell you to loose my e-mail! I have been in the automotive engine design teams  for several motor Industries, ya I think I know both sides of a wrench and then some, Oh and by the way my wife passed away last year so any time you would like to back up your mouth let me know, I will back up my mouth anytime, I new a couple of Navy Seals that thought they were tough just like you, come to find out just over rated.
Like I said go crawl back in your hole! I always look over my shoulder! I can spot punks like you a mile away....
All future e-mails will be undeliverable. I have better things to do with my time.

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 21:55
To: 'Dave Uncles'
Subject: Your invited to Dodgecharger.com

Hey, on the website Dodgecharger.com , which has a loads of charger owners and fans, we have a thread discussing you and your 1974 car.  Maybe you'll come over and teach us something smartguy bully. Here it is    http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,66298.0.html

Now what auction house was it that sold your car ?
Us know nothings at the charger forums are curious.

Sorry about the passing of your wife. I don't wish that on anyone, no matter how much of an asshat you are.

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

elacruze

Engineer, Navy Seal Ass-Kicker, Statesman.

English major to boot.

Car salesmen. Yeesh.  ::)
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

BrianShaughnessy

I really care that much about somebodies e-mail wars normally but all I can say is: Please don't drag dodgecharger.com into this mess.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

1969chargerrtse

These things happen. I've emailed the same way. Sometimes it doesn't go well on both ends.
I don't think it has anything to do with the site. It's you and him.   One thing I learned is Mopar people are very passionate about Mopars. Very.  
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

loudmouthaussie

i read stuff i know is horse shit sometimes but i dont get involved. not worth the agro  :-\

i did like the navy seals comment though. this guy may frequent the same lowrider forums i haunt. full of "net bangers"  :rofl:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

BigBlackDodge

You're looking for honesty from a used car salesman? :hah:

BBD

ACUDANUT

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on February 02, 2010, 06:38:24 AM
I really care that much about somebodies e-mail wars normally but all I can say is: Please don't drag dodgecharger.com into this mess.

Hey, we are a Family. We are here to help eachother out. With everyones combined experience here, WE ARE the Bible on Chargers.
But FWIW, why get into a pissing match over a 74 318 car ?

TylerCharger69

IMHO...I think you did just fine in explaining the differences of a rallye package car and one that is not.  Sort of the same premise as someone trying to pass a base model Charger off as an R/T.  Maybe if he could provide at the very least a photo of the fender tag and the collaborating VIN. People don't realize the knowledge that fills this forum and how misinformation can be debunked here really quick!!!   Yeah....he is an asshat...like you said.   (asshat...now that's funny right there...i don't care who ya are!!)

Ghoste

Yes, the car is being misrepresented and it is also entertaining to read of your e-mail war with him but encouraging him to come and play in our neighborhood is pointless.  Remember, you are communicating with a guy who is implying that he kicked the ass of not one, but a pair of SEALS and then seems to dismiss the lot as "over rated".  That single point of his should provide all the information you would ever need to know that;
A) he is really really full of the soft brown smelly stuff that comes out of your butthole.
B) you will never ever change his closed little mind and,
C) he is highly doubtful to be the kind of person we want on this forum.

I'd really hate to see this become like the ricer forums where no one can spell and we all just take immature pot shots at each other from behind our official cyber bully edition keyboards.  :Twocents:

lisiecki1

After reading his responses I'm thinking he's a younger high-school aged kid.  That needs his ass whipped.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Tilar

I think I would have asked for a pic of the build sheet and the tags. A steak dinner says he can't provide anything that proves what he says.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RCKSTR

Come on guys, give the guy a break. Everyone knows navy seals cant fight, they just crunch numbers  :D No reason to question that at all. Americas finest are actually used car salesmen  :smilielol:
What a tool

66FBCharger

Quote from: Tilar on February 02, 2010, 10:32:19 AM
I think I would have asked for a pic of the build sheet and the tags. A steak dinner says he can't provide anything that proves what he says.

Me too!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

FastbackJon

Quote from: Tilar on February 02, 2010, 10:32:19 AM

Ditto or a VIN. Then at least you can point out codes (in a nice way) to show him where he's wrong or vise versa.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

89MOPAR

I felt the guy has a chance to vent his greivances in the place/forum where i'm calling out his foolishness. If i'm wrong i'm not above apologizing.

I like strange mopars + 318 cars.

Only reasonable explanation i come up with, assuming he can back his description,  is that Junior went to the dealer in '74 and ordered a hot Red Rallye 360 , when mom and dad came in to help pay for it they said "no way", they put in a change order, and Jr got a 318 car with a stripe.

I figure if a seller is willing to distort / misrepresent the top of his car,  then we get new members here -that find out later that their torsion bar mounts are held in with tin foil and paint.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

SG1022

Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 02, 2010, 01:44:43 PM

Only reasonable explanation i come up with, assuming he can back his description,  is that Junior went to the dealer in '74 and ordered a hot Red Rallye 360 , when mom and dad came in to help pay for it they said "no way", they put in a change order, and Jr got a 318 car with a stripe.

damn parents ;)

Also, I see nothing wrong with your side of the conversation.
I think it's justified.

khodne

I'm guessing he no longer cares about this argument.  He got his money.  Someone must have thought it was a good deal.  Maybe someday the new owner will join the form and we'll find out "the rest of the story". 

68X426

Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 02, 2010, 01:44:43 PM
I felt the guy has a chance to vent his greivances in the place/forum where i'm calling out his foolishness. If i'm wrong i'm not above apologizing.

I figure if a seller is willing to distort / misrepresent the top of his car,  then we get new members here -that find out later that their torsion bar mounts are held in with tin foil and paint.

No apologies called for. This is a great place to vent.

For me, on this one, both car and seller are suspect, so "why bother". He is what he is.

Good point as to why you are concerned about the distortions. :angel:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: khodne on February 02, 2010, 02:14:42 PM
I'm guessing he no longer cares about this argument.  He got his money.  Someone must have thought it was a good deal.  Maybe someday the new owner will join the form and we'll find out "the rest of the story". 

That's happened a few times already!

BBD

BB1

We are Dodge Charger GODS!!

The pink robe is ACUDANUT
Delete my profile

bull

I've pointed flaws like that out to people before but when they start arguing I usually drop it because at that point you know it's a case of deception rather than an honest mistake. Once it becomes a pissing match you pretty much know you're not going to save anyone from a misrepresented ad. Now if you could contact potential buyers you might get somewhere...