News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Instrument gauge cluster restoration (lilwendal?):

Started by Captain D, February 11, 2010, 12:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

I had tried to contact lilwendal via email and by phone a few weeks ago to see if he still restores instrument gauge clusters, but haven't heard back from him. Does anyone happen to know if he's still in the biz or if not, then would there be someone else that you may recommend that restores these clusters? I hope that I'm not coming across rudely towards lilwendal, quite the contrary, I realize what it's like to be busy. After all, this is something that I'm looking to get done in just a few weeks anyhow...not by "tomorrow" necessarily  ;).

Thank you for your time, info, and for any leads,
All the best,
Aaron

Patronus

I had asked as well. Also followed more than a few links on here about complete gauge clusters. Anyone have a good source for something redone?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Tom Q

I was looking on the web for information, I discovered it's not inexpensive
1970 Charger R/T
I thought it would be nice to have a volt meter as well since it's a one wire alternator.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Silver R/T

I've tried contacting lilwendal also without any luck. if anyone gets a hold of him maybe you can post on here.
local guy here also restores them.
http://www.gcartrim.com/index1.htm
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

maxwellwedge

Dave Patik - Google - Performance Car Graphics Florida

Captain D

Thanx y'all for some possible alternatives to lilwendal  :cheers:. Are these places kinda pricey or are they reasonably priced for those who have had their done by these places? I tried to call lilwendal one last time the other day w/ no luck. I'm feeling that if I did get a hold of him, and sent my cluster to him, but then couldn't get a hold of him again after that then I'm out of my cluster (worst case scenario). I just hope that he's alright...

Also, would it be about the same price if someone were to buy them new/repops, say from BE/A Parts or PG Classics (if they sell them new that is)?

Thank you again!
Aaron

69_Charger_RT

I just sent out my cluster to Instrument Specialties in MA.  I have not gotten my cluster back but I can say that Mike (the owner) is easy to contact and is a good guy to deal with. He always answers when i call and I have had no problems getting a hold of him.

Kind of pricey but I cannot wait to get my cluster back in show quality shape  :2thumbs:   I will keep you posted on the results

He is also a member on here.........check out the link
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33858.0.html

Captain D

For those who decided to go w/ tachman.com, how was turnaround time, pricing, quality, etc. based on your experiences with them and any pics available of the final results?
Thank you!
Aaron

68r/t

Quote from: Captain D on February 15, 2010, 08:55:33 PM
For those who decided to go w/ tachman.com, how was turnaround time, pricing, quality, etc. based on your experiences with them and any pics available of the final results?
Thank you!
Aaron
Do search for tacman  on this site,he is or was a member and has an interesting attitude to say the least.

bull

I kind of got the feeling that lilwendal was going to take a break from restoring gauge clusters for a while but I have no positive proof of that. It's too bad if he is because he does good work for about half what most places charge. I had mine done by him and it looks great.

Belgium R/T -68

Mike (lilwendal) was supposed to go in early retairment from his work and try restoration full time for a while although I havn't either talked to him for a while.
He propably got stucked at that airlinecompany for some extra time.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

baullz

I went with Mike at Instrument Specialties (www.instrument-specialties.com) and they turned out great.

He actually silk screens the gauges just like original so no decals either.

I also got the Altmeter converted to a Voltmeter and it cost me $650 through a group buy deal on the board.

If I remember right (got this done in Dec. 2008) it only took two or three weeks to get the cluster back.

69_Charger_RT

Quote from: baullz on February 22, 2010, 09:20:57 PM
I went with Mike at Instrument Specialties (www.instrument-specialties.com) and they turned out great.

He actually silk screens the gauges just like original so no decals either.

I also got the Altmeter converted to a Voltmeter and it cost me $650 through a group buy deal on the board.

If I remember right (got this done in Dec. 2008) it only took two or three weeks to get the cluster back.

Good to hear as he has my cluster right now.................I cannot wait to get my cluster back from him  :2thumbs:

bmoparmofo

I thought about looking into seeing if lil wendal could do the work to mine, has he been back on?
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bmoparmofo

Looks like I'll have to check prices and see what all is around.
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383