News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original 1973 Hubcaps?

Started by kmedlin9295, February 01, 2010, 12:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone have a pict of original 1973 Chager SE Hubcaps? Price?

Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
2 (66.7%)
Maybe
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

kmedlin9295

The man I bought my 1973 Charger SE gave me what he thought were the original hubcaps. They have 60 spokes and are really heavy. I am wondering if anyone has a picture of wire spoke hubcaps on a 73 Charger so that I will know for sure if they are original. I have looked all over the internet and haven't had any luck. Any help would be appreciated! THANKS! Kristine
" The only thing we have to fear is fear itself "...and spiders!

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kmedlin9295

Code W15... That's the one! Boy they sure are hard to clean! Took me four hours yesterday to disassemble, clean, polish and reassemble just one  :eek2: ! My husband wants to put nice rims on the car so after I am finished cleaning these I guess they will be put up for sale. Anyone know an estimated value? They are in great shape with only minor nicks around the edge of the rim. Thanks!

89MOPAR

I had those hubcaps on a 1974 Coronet Crestwood Wagon , Came with a 400 and a rallye dash [ factory ]
Nice job cleaning the one up !!   I Kinda like them.

Well, If you keep the hubcaps on I am nearly certain yours will be the only car with them on, at a show or in town.
Not saying mag wheels wouldn't be nicer.if thats your preference.  But it will turn more heads at a show with those hucaps, and they are Free + correct for your car.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Nacho-RT74

being an SE and without any exterior look mods... why not keep them ?

I did keep mines on a hardtop and won't change them at least for ANY rim around, just if I get to get correct ones that I like ( Keystones )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kmedlin9295

:scratchchin: I am sure you guys are right, I should keep them even if I only put them on the SE for a car show. I certainly wouldn't drive around with them on. I already know how hard it is to clean them up!  :P
I haven't been to a car show since 1995. Back then I had a 1966 Buick Special 2 door (my first car!) After I got married my Husband just wasn't into it so it got sold.  :'(
He had three Suzuki Samurai's for off-roading in the back yard which I finally got him to sell last week.  :2thumbs:
They were hauled off on Tuesday and we saw the ad for the 73 SE on Thursday. By noon it was in our driveway! What a great trade!!! Now I'm happy! ;D 
Before, my Husband had to beg me to help him work on the Suzuki's. He says one reason he married me was because I was always working on my Buick and helped him with his car too. I have never been afraid to get dirty working on a car and have helped rebuild engines and replace transmissions not to mention everything in between too! I just didn't like the little 'fake' Jeeps.  :eyes:
Now that we have added a muscle car to the family, my Husband is going to have a tough time keeping me from spending all my time restoring it. (He may have to go fishing alone this Summer! :lol:

SG1022

Well, get that resto thread goin!!