News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why are Lynch Road tags so different?

Started by Ghoste, February 02, 2010, 12:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

There seem to be more questions coming up lately concerning the Lynch Road tags than before and this is good because it's what helps us learn about them.  We've talked a lot about how they're different but I can't recall a discussion about WHY they are so different.  Any ideas?

66FBCharger

I have a Lynch road built RR. I would be interested to find out why the fender tags are different.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Kevlisa

I have a 69 GTX that was built at Lynch Road.  My tag is also different.  Mine is an early build date (10/28/68 if I remember right).  I also heard that Lynch Road didn't put the partial VIN in the trunk lip until later in the model year.  My car has the unusual fender tag and no info in the trunk lip.  Any thoughts on this?  My car does have the radiator support VIN #, just not the trunk VIN #.  I'd like to hear some ideas as to why the fender tags were different only at Lynch Road.