News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger 383/727 Kickdown stopped working

Started by MoparMotel, February 03, 2010, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

Hey guys this might sound like a dumb question but i took the Charger back to the guy that rebuilt the engine for him to fix an oil leak and a couple other little things and got it back today and the kick down does not work. It worked perfect when i took it to him.  The 4 barrel opens fine like it always did but the car will not kick down from 3-2 2-1 anymore. Linkage looks like it is hooked up like it's suppose to be.

What are a few things to check?

Thanks!
1968 Dodge Charger

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

MoparMotel

Hmm will have to try adjusting it. Worked perfect before and the linkage is still in the same spot
1968 Dodge Charger

Rayzor

check to make sure the the little arm mounted on the trans is tight. Might be spinning on the shaft. could also have snapped off inside. It can be reached threw the pan so not all is lost if that happened. wouldnt drive it till its fixed or you will roast that trans.

MoparMotel

1968 Dodge Charger