News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger '69 grill - What would it look like if it is painted black..?

Started by Charger´69, February 01, 2010, 11:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger´69

I like '69 grill, but '68 grill is better looking IMO  :coolgleamA:

I was wondering, that has anyone painted black '69 grill? Or if someone have a pictures of that kind of '69 grill I would like to see that how it looks  :yesnod:

.... Before I do something stupid and paint my '69 Charger´s grill to black  :shruggy:

I´ve seen some -72-74 Cudas where the grill is painted black and those were nice  :yesnod:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

Mike DC

All the 2005 movie General Lees had the plastic blacked out.  Just the perimeter trim was shiny. 

Charger´69

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 01, 2010, 11:58:55 AM
All the 2005 movie General Lees had the plastic blacked out.  Just the perimeter trim was shiny. 

I quess You mean movie "The Dukes of Hazzard"..?  :scratchchin:

Like this: http://dukesofhazzard.warnerbros.com/wallpapers/generallee_large.jpg

But I meant that if the whole grill is painted black  :icon_smile_blackeye: :yesnod:

RCKSTR

A member here has his blacked out, Im not a huge fan, I love the classic look as it was meant to be, but to each their own ( hey, you like the 68  :eek2:)

Just playin with ya
:popcrn:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: your not actually thinking of spray bombing the grill in your '69 I hope!
anyhow.. Mine was semi gloss except for the stainless trim of course. pic below.. this was pre... '99
it was cool at the time caise my charger was a frankenstein of '69 and '70 parts and was 3xblack.
Is that your red '69 HEMI in your signiture pic?..

if you answer yes...  :slap:  

Charger´69

No, I´m not going to spray original grill  :D I was just wondering how it would look if it is all black in front  :coolgleamA:

And yes, that is my red '69 in signature pic  :yesnod:

And sorry guys, that Charger is my car and I´ll do it everything what feels good to me  :cheers: I don´t think that every Charger should look same  :shruggy:

But of course I will not harm any original parts of it because I really like original look also, but I just want to try something unique what can be undone also if necessary  :2thumbs: Don´t you worry, this Charger is in good hands  :icon_smile_big: Or will be, because I haven´t got it yet, few weeks still to wait before it arrives here to Finland  :brickwall:

Brock Samson

i read your posts so i understand your just thinking of it... being a chevy guy and new to the MOPAR thing you put a '68 grill on there and it's gonna look pretty silly. In my opinion...
wow..  :lol:

Charger´69

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 01, 2010, 01:55:46 PM
i read your posts so i understand your just thinking of it... being a chevy guy and new to the MOPAR thing you put a '68 grill on there and it's gonna look pretty silly. In my opinion...
wow..  :lol:

Maybe I won´t do anything to it´s grill  :slap: But I´m still curious if someone has done all black '69 grill, I would like to see how it looks  :scratchchin: I know how it looks if I put '68 grill to it, I´ve seen many '69 Charger´s with '68 grill. Yes, it looks a little bit odd but I don´t think that it would look bad  :cheers:

And I´m not neither chevy or mopar guy, I like chevy, mopar, ford, bmw etc. etc. so I´m very open minded  :rofl:

Arkgl01

69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

Charger´69

Nice looking Chargers but so far I like the original '69 grill is the best (except '68 original grill).. Has anyone painted the whole grill to black that way that there is no chrome at all..?  :scratchchin:

This far I think I leave my grill original  :yesnod:

Arthu®

Striving for world domination since 1986

1969chargerrtse

I understand the thought of what it would look like black, but to me nothing beats factory design.  Mine was black when I got the car and I worked long and hard to bring back that perfect original Mopar look. Just my  :Twocents:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger´69

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 02, 2010, 07:33:59 PM
but to me nothing beats factory design

You´re right about that, I think so too when I saw those pictures  :yesnod:

There is still one thing that I would like to see.. What if the whole grill is black? I mean that in pictures below, stainless trim is still shiny, what if it was also black?  :scratchchin: It might look cheap but I would like to see it with my own eyes  :shruggy:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Charger´69 on February 03, 2010, 02:18:56 AM

There is still one thing that I would like to see.. What if the whole grill is black? I mean that in pictures below, stainless trim is still shiny, what if it was also black?  :scratchchin: It might look cheap but I would like to see it with my own eyes  :shruggy:

It would look like a '68 Charger but with a big black area is all in the front. It would also make the car look unfinish I think. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Charger´69 on February 03, 2010, 02:18:56 AM

I would think a big black ugly hole. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RCKSTR

Ok, well since it was published, I dont think I can get in trouble for throwing a picture out without consent, so here it is

Charger´69

Quote from: RCKSTR on February 03, 2010, 01:01:48 PM
Ok, well since it was published, I dont think I can get in trouble for throwing a picture out without consent, so here it is

Well, that ain´t look so bad, any other pictures of it..?  :scratchchin: In my opinion, it looks better than those partially painted grills  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

Charger´69

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 03, 2010, 02:13:31 PM
  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62919.0.html    :-\

I think whole black grill isn´t that bad looking, actually it´s pretty mean and nice, but black bumpers in red Charger doesn´t look that good  :eek2:

I didn´t first notice from that first picture that there was also black bumpers in that Charger  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

Well,.. since you'r repeatedly posting on it...
              In my opinion painting the entire grill black looks like "ass".

but, it's your seemingly cherry '69 HEMI charger, so therefore I support you in your hairbrained and sustained quest to screw it all up.  :2thumbs:
Just make sure you use gloss black paint too,..  and make sure there are a lot of drips and runs and sags...
 Overspray is a nice touch.  :smilielol:
I know you'r anxiously awaiting this Chargers' delivery and you gotta think about something and it's all in the hypothetical realm 'n all... but, couldn't you just go out and get laid instead?..  :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Those with blacked out grills forgive me for this............but when I see a beautiful 69 Charger grille painted black I see it as a cop out for the hard work it takes to restore it correct.  I understand some people actually think it could look good, but one of the many, main stunning visual points of the 68/70 Chargers are their original styled grilles.  :yesnod:

PS "get laid instead? "  :hah:

RCKSTR

I agree. The split grille defines the 69. You can see it from 500 yards away. If you dont like it, buy a 68 or a 70. To each their own, but I see it as defacing a classic piece of art.  :Twocents:

nakita7

Why? Sorry, I like them the way Chrysler built them. I understand 'each to his own', but maybe it would be better to put a 68 grille on? We all know that 69 grilles are 'worth' thousands of dollars ( :eyes:), so maybe sell it to someone who needs it?  :Twocents:

Khyron

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 03, 2010, 03:15:33 PM

but, it's your seemingly cherry '69 HEMI charger, so therefore I support you in your hairbrained and sustained quest to screw it all up.  :2thumbs:
Just make sure you use gloss black paint too,..  and make sure there are a lot of drips and runs and sags...
  Overspray is a nice touch.  :smilielol:
I know you'r anxiously awaiting this Chargers' delivery and you gotta think about something and it's all in the hypothetical realm 'n all... but, couldn't you just go out and get laid instead?..  :yesnod:

Thank you for saving me from having to type all that!

Agree 100%

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger´69

No, I wouldn´t paint my original '69 grill like I said already, is it that hard to believe  :brickwall:  :slap:

I´m just curious how would it look with black grill and now I´ve seen how it looks  :icon_smile_blackeye: Is that really that big sin here to even want to see something different or plan to do something that wasn´t done in factory..?!  :o :icon_smile_dissapprove:

In this point, I think I leave my '69 front look be like it is mentioned to be. Changing '68 grill might be only option that I can even think, but I´m neither too excited to mix different year parts in my Charger  :shruggy:

... And I got laid last night if someone is interested of that project :smilielol:

1969chargerrtse

No not interested. :icon_smile_wink:
It's not a sin to ask about ruining your beautiful grille.  We just type with passion.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 03, 2010, 03:15:33 PM

AGREED.

Ghoste

1969chargerrtse

orange383

My 68 project is painted all black including the trim. It looks arse!!!!  :eek2:

Brock Samson

Charger´69

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 08, 2010, 01:55:02 AM

Kind of good looking but I think original is still much better  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the pictures! Now I´ve seen that, whole black '69 grill and red Charger, and I will keep my '69 grill as it was mentioned to be  ;)

bull

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger´69