News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what my car sold for at BJs

Started by Hemidoug, January 22, 2010, 06:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Let's see...a  70 RR convert 440 sixpack ...75 K
a 71 Hemi 'Cuda Trip black 4 spd...140K
a 69 Superbee Hemi...100K
a 70 Superbee Hemi ...82K

:scratchchin:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

66FBCharger

I watched the black 69 HEMI Superbee cross the block. I have never heard of the hubcap delete option. Is that an actual option or is it made up for Barrett Jackson?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Hemidoug

Quote from: 66FBCharger on January 24, 2010, 01:17:33 PM
I watched the black 69 HEMI Superbee cross the block. I have never heard of the hubcap delete option. Is that an actual option or is it made up for Barrett Jackson?
It would have to be a code on the broadcast....
Still a stunning example of a triple black Hemi 4spd bench seat car...
And how about a sixpack 70 RR 'vert for 70 something....

Brock Samson

i thought the '69 Six-Pack Superbees mostly came sans hubcaps but with chrome lugs but I dunno about HEMIs they were so rare I never even saw one of those. I'm sure the dressier wheels were the option.

bull

Hemidoug

Quote from: bull on January 24, 2010, 01:58:31 PM
E-bodies are out.
B-bodies are in.

Maybe...I always thought B bodies were the better. That 71 Hemi Cuda going for 145k was a shocker...Non numbers car. I loved that Bee though....one of my favorites

66FBCharger

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 24, 2010, 01:32:35 PM
I thought that hubcaps were standeard equipment. I am not sure why anyone would delete them when they ordered the car. It just seems like a weird option to me. Even if you were going to race the car or put mags on the car, how much credit would they have given you? $5.00?
I thought the the 70 RR 440+6 convertible was a great deal considering the rarity of the car. I don't know if it was matching numbers or what the condition of the car was.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 66FBCharger on January 25, 2010, 07:25:30 AM
I thought that hubcaps were standeard equipment. I am not sure why anyone would delete them when they ordered the car. It just seems like a weird option to me. Even if you were going to race the car or put mags on the car, how much credit would they have given you? $5.00?
I thought the the 70 RR 440+6 convertible was a great deal considering the rarity of the car. I don't know if it was matching numbers or what the condition of the car was.

Maybe at the time they couldnt decide between a Six pack car or this Hemi. So they decided to order it to look like the six pack ,yet have the Hemi? Just a thought.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

gtx6970

wanna bet the seller just bought it back?

jeryst

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 25, 2010, 10:35:53 PM

wanna bet the seller just bought it back?

I wonder how many times that actually happens, considering the BJ auctions dont allow a reserve.

375instroke

Quote from: bull on January 22, 2010, 08:49:01 PM
Maybe it's too much to most of us but obviously it's not too much for everyone because someone paid it. :shruggy: This is kind of a moot debate isn't it?

I must disagree.  Price paid and actual value are not the same.  That price is not just for the car, but also for the service that BJ provides.  He has a lot of hype, and attracts many people with LOTS of money who don't want to scour Hemmings or Craigslist looking for that car they had in high school, or whatever.  BJ attracts a lot of good cars, but there are a lot more buyers there, and that's another thing that drives the prices up.  Something worth what someone will pay is only valid when there is pure liquidity in the market, and there isn't.

Let me put it this way.  That car is worth that much money on that day at BJ.  It could sell for less in OC or LV on another day.  Would it be worth less, then.

375instroke

Are we going to see parts cars with the engine delete option now?

bull

Quote from: 375instroke on January 26, 2010, 02:30:16 PM
Maybe it's too much to most of us but obviously it's not too much for everyone because someone paid it. :shruggy: This is kind of a moot debate isn't it?

I must disagree.  Price paid and actual value are not the same.  That price is not just for the car, but also for the service that BJ provides.  He has a lot of hype, and attracts many people with LOTS of money who don't want to scour Hemmings or Craigslist looking for that car they had in high school, or whatever.  BJ attracts a lot of good cars, but there are a lot more buyers there, and that's another thing that drives the prices up.  Something worth what someone will pay is only valid when there is pure liquidity in the market, and there isn't.

Let me put it this way.  That car is worth that much money on that day at BJ.  It could sell for less in OC or LV on another day.  Would it be worth less, then.

So you wrote all that to say you disagree with me and then agreed that it was worth $110k on the day we're talking about? :shruggy: :ahum:

gtx6970

I'd be willing to bet it happens a lot more then one might think, and not just at BJ

mauve66

older 68 hemi resto on ebay for 129K right now
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

375instroke

Quote from: bull on January 26, 2010, 08:53:06 PM
Quote from: 375instroke on January 26, 2010, 02:30:16 PM

So you wrote all that to say you disagree with me and then agreed that it was worth $110k on the day we're talking about? :shruggy: :ahum:

I'm reading into the question.  I think most people are talking about what the general value is on the open market.  If you're dying of thirst in the desert, how much is a gallon of water worth?  Does that mean that what you would pay equals the value of a gallon of water?  This is the situation I'm trying to get across with the Barrett Jackson auctions.

charge-it

68 to 70 Chargers are the e-bodies of the b-body world... :nana:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

nakita7

BJ and Ebay prices are NOT reality...don't get fooled by them...

Troy

Quote from: nakita7 on January 31, 2010, 09:14:01 PM
BJ and Ebay prices are NOT reality...don't get fooled by them...
They are reality when the money goes into your bank account. ;) Sure, they are generally inflated over what most people would pay for a car but, for the most part, they are real transactions between a buyer and seller so someone out there values the cars at those prices.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Someone values THAT car at that price maybe.  If I were willing to pay 1000 dollars for a single sheet of toilet paper, no one would assume that it now meant all toilet paper would be worth that much.  And yet when the insanity of the Barrett-Jackson circus takes place people seem too often to think those prices are the standard.

Hemidoug

I'd like to see the price he get's when he sells it....I'll bet it isn't anywhere NEAR 110K..... :scratchchin: