News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I feel like a charger crack whore

Started by 70charginglizard, January 30, 2010, 12:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

I'm really going crazy here guys.
I have a perfectly running brand new six pack set up and I cant take it out to have any fun with it at the moment because I'm waiting on my booster and master cylinder to show up before I can do anything. I was out there in the garage today and just started it up an listened to it hum for about 10 minutes to satisty by car crazed insanity for the day today.

I want to drive it sooo bad but I cant because there is no possible way to stop it at the moment.

Anyone else here every seen themselves in the same situation. (So close and yet so far)

if so... how did you deal with it until the day you could get it out there and enjoy it finally?
70charginglizard

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

charge-it

If this makes you feel any better, I live in Maine and it might June before I can drive mine....and my brakes work fine.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

HITMAN 149

bro....
my R/T has been at my buddy's shop 3 years on jan 21st!!!! aghhhhhhhhhhhhh
although it has gotten alot of progress in the last 6 months than the last 2 1/2 years.... it stillll sucks!!!!
:-\
soooo i hear ya bro!!! at least you can start yours up & tinker w it!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

69charger440

My charger has been out of commission for over a year!! And now at the body shop!! So yeah, it sucks but your really close. There is always some thing you can do!!   HMMMM!! Clean it again!!!!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

SG1022

Gotta satisfy that fix before it gets you into trouble!!

Any neighborhood mopars around? :nana:

HITMAN 149

if he cleans it anymore.... the paint may come off!!!!!!!! lmfao
:nana:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

69charger440

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on January 30, 2010, 12:35:00 AM
if he cleans it anymore.... the paint may come off!!!!!!!! lmfao
:nana:

Well there you go!! I guess he would have some thing to work on then!!!! :buff:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

six-tee-nine

Bought my 69 in 2006 but due to being busy with work, kids, house..... I havent been able to start my resto so all I can do is dream and buy parts.
The one thing that I can hang on to is the fact that in the best case I can get started this year.....

So I dare say you are one lucky guy..... trust me, you'll be on the road soon enough. :2thumbs:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

greenpigs

I got a 50 sec clip on my cell phone of it running I watch to pick me up. Its 9 deg out and not much warmer in the garage so I just gotta wait.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

70charginglizard

Well all I can say is that I'm bummin for a fix still. That booster and master has to show up sometime soon. Hopefully this week. Then I'm on it. regardless of weather it's the correct looking one. I will swap it out later when my actual bendix dual gets puchased and rebuilt later.

I will just pull the napa one back out and save it as a spare from that point.

come on brake parts!

on another note- I did get my e-bay multi nipple breather yesterday and I'm getting it all painted up so I can put it on the six pack set up.  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:
70charginglizard

Sublime/Sixpack

I had mine ('70 Six Pack) out yesterday for the first time in a month. It felt great! Hang in there, it'll be worth it.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Hemidoug

try going a whole year because of a stupid valve seat...... :brickwall:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

tommymac

Too Cold, Too cold and salty roads,they really pore it on here.

SG1022

Not sure what you are waiting for, Hook those lines up and go cruisin!

draftingmonkey

Charger........Crack......Whore.... :whistling:....oh there is so much I want to say but I'll be good.  Your time will come.  I have had my '74 up on floor stands for a couple of years while I finish other projects so I feel your pain.  Be patient, your day will come.

Silver R/T

My Charger's been parked for a few years now since I've started resto...I'm not sure when I will be driving it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Cooter

Keep your eye on the prize bro...It was 5 long years before I vould drive "Christine", and 3 years before I could drive the General Lee....Another 3 years before we will be able to drive the kids '66 Belvy...(He is going through the dreaded "Instant satifaction" thing right now that most kids go through today)...One fine day you will be back out in the road and enjoying your Charger again...Remember, nothing worthwhile comes easy, or quickly...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

SG1022

Hmmm I looked at
that engine bay picture I posted and the master cylinder is there and looks fine?? :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

I've never driven my Charger and I've had it for 11 years now. My Duster is keeping me content until the Charger is done though.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

70charginglizard

Quote from: SG1022 on February 01, 2010, 02:09:13 AM
Hmmm I looked at
that engine bay picture I posted and the master cylinder is there and looks fine?? :icon_smile_big:

Funny guy. :nana:
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Finally! The correct booster-

Just arrive at the door today from Booster dewey.

He did an awesome job on the rebuild of the core I got from e-bay.

I would definately recomend him for any booster rebuilding services.

he even sent it with a free bag of M&M's...lol

This thing looks terrific. Can't wait to get it in.  :D
70charginglizard

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yep those are Dewey's fabled "Booster nuts"  ;)
happy boosting!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Cool!! One step closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT