News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Real world weights for a Charger 500 and Daytona?

Started by Ghoste, January 29, 2010, 09:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Has anyone actually weighed their 500 or Daytona?  Just curious what some actual weights might be for these two as opposed to any published weights.

XXHEMI

Blakcharger440

I am thinking they would have weighed more than your average charger...because of the add ons. :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69_500

I am going out on a limb here but I'm going to say that ED's numbers are for a C500. Seeing as he has ran his a few times down the track.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Ghoste

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 31, 2010, 09:19:07 PM
I am thinking they would have weighed more than your average charger...because of the add ons. :shruggy:

That's what I would think too and thats why I asked.  I recently read something giving published weights as being lighter than a regular Charger.

Mike DC

The 68 Coronet front grille on the C500s looks like it would actually cut down some weight compared to the stock 1969 item.  Although the rear window plug is a big chunk of added-on sheetmetal and it holds a larger-than-stock rear glass.  I'm guessing the net total car is a few pounds over the stock 1969 Charger R/T but nothing major.

I imagine the Daytonas might be 100 pounds above the weight of a stock 1970 Charger R/T?  Dunno about that, I'm just wild guessing.  I suspect the nosecone assy's weight is gonna be more than the stock 1970 grille/bumper assy but I'm not sure it would be a TON more.  The rear window plug/glass and the rear wing would add up to something worth discussing though, even with the wing being made of aluminum castings.   

Either way the aero cars wouldn't be drastically different from the non-aero versions.  Maybe equivalent to the weight of a full gas tank on the wing cars.

Ghoste

And I agree but now we're guessing.  That's why I was kind of hoping for some replies from some folks who had actually stuck them on a scale like Ed.

C500

I'm interetsed in how much a Daytona nose cone weighs  :shruggy:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

moparstuart

Quote from: Kiwi68 on February 01, 2010, 01:42:47 PM
i used to carry my loaded super bird nose around by myself , but it was awkward .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on February 01, 2010, 01:57:19 PM
Quote from: Kiwi68 on February 01, 2010, 01:42:47 PM
i used to carry my loaded super bird nose around by myself , but it was awkward .

There isn't as much weight there as I would have thought,I know that. You are right about awkward though.