News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's the stupidest thing that's been said about your other cars

Started by zoecube, January 28, 2010, 09:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoecube

I know some of you have older cars beside your charger so, what's the stupidest thing that has been said about them.

Cooter

WOW! Your '68 Dart looks just like my Buddies Chevy II......

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DodgeByDave

QuoteI didn't know you had a Ferrari

16 yo in reference to my 1985 Shelby Daytona

I didn't have to smack him, his father did it for me. Yes he did ask if I wanted a turn.
III, we are everywhere

warmpancakes

thats got a vette motor right?   Refering to my syclone afetr i just got done explaining to his friend what it was

Rallye

I heard the same comment regarding my 72 Challenger and my 71 Corvette:
"Does your Daddy know you borrowed his car?"
:'(
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

LeadfootBob

After a bit of late-night street action I'm poking around under the hood when this guy walks up, looks in through the open window and goes:
"I can tell by the sound that you're running a manual transmission."
Mmmm, yeah. I guess the Quarter stick shifter with the cable attached isn't enough hint for some guys :eyes:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

METROID

(Wish I had more older cars but can't afford anymore :cheers:)

I don't know about what people say but I hate it when I drive my stock 2000 Honda Civic and get people who think I want to race. It happens on a daily basis and sometimes I can't get over into the lane I need because ricers pace me and rev their engines. I got a Honda for reliability, fuel efficiency, resale value, cheap parts and labor. Most won't Challenge a Charger or if they do they don't like what happens next  :D.

Mike DC

A decent condition stock 10yo Honda Civic is popular enough in the tuner crowd that it might be worth selling for profit.  If it's a 2-door then you could probably trade it away and get some other equally-reliable car for less.  You could get an equivalent 4dr or wagon for less. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Well not necessarily anything about my older car but I've heard this about my Daytona...

"Every one knows REAL Chargers only have 2 doors"

:nana:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

OK... the first thing:  Usually nitwits call either my '89 Formula or '90 GTA a damn Camaro  :eyes:

The other is that I still have to explain that I own 2 3rd gen Firebirds that are both black, t-tops, etc and that that are in fact NOT the same car.   I've worked with a guy for over 10 years who to this day still doesn't get it.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger RT

I have a 92 Daytona Iroc R/T and either I get from people I don't know "nice Mustang" and from people I know when I first got it "whos at your house I know you only let mopars park on your property"
Tim

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

greenpigs

Hey you got a TA like in Knight Rider, about my black 85 vette.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BIRD67

Quote from: 68charger383 on January 30, 2010, 10:43:50 PM
I always get "nice camaro"   :slap:

:drool5:

I get that alot too, it even says BIRD on the damn plate! I've also gotten "Nice Mustang" , "why don't you stick a 350 in there?" and the list goes on and on...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Mr.Woolery

Anytime someone calls my modified Miata a "gay" or "ricer" car, I know they're ignorant.  One ride converts the ignorant, and many go out and buy one afterwards.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

69 OUR/TEA

My Buick GN has been called a Monte SS a few times.  :slap:

draftingmonkey

"You have to many cars and make the neighborhood look like a used car lot"
Not pictured in my sig is my '53 Jag XK 120 DHC and the wifes '02 Honda CR-V. Maybe that only happens if you have to deal with HOA's.

Ponch ®

Quote from: zoecube on January 28, 2010, 09:11:05 PM
I know some of you have older cars beside your charger so, what's the stupidest thing that has been said about them.

"It's got four doors..it couldn't possibly be a 'muscle car'"   ::)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RCKSTR

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 04, 2010, 02:32:32 PM

"It's got four doors..it couldn't possibly be a 'muscle car'"   ::)

Haha, thats true though  :smilielol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: RCKSTR on February 04, 2010, 03:07:12 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on February 04, 2010, 02:32:32 PM

"It's got four doors..it couldn't possibly be a 'muscle car'"   ::)

Haha, thats true though  :smilielol:

Willing to put that to the test? For slips?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

RCKSTR

Your "charger" badged intrepid may be a fast car, but a muscle car, it is not. The challenger and viper may qualify for muscle, but not a new "charger". Sorry mate. IMO muscle cars died in 71, everything since is a sports car.

Ponch ®

Quote from: RCKSTR on February 04, 2010, 06:43:17 PM
Your "charger" badged intrepid may be a fast car, but a muscle car, it is not. The challenger and viper may qualify for muscle, but not a new "charger". Sorry mate. IMO muscle cars died in 71, everything since is a sports car.

:haha:

You DO know that the new Challenger is practically the same car as the  Charger, right?

RCKSTR

I didnt know they offered a 6 speed manual in the charger! Or brembo brakes! Also the challenger is 4 inches shorter, its wheelbase is 3 inches shorter, and its roof is an inch shorter! All that makes a big difference styling wise. Wether they perform the same or not, its just not an attactive car. Im not arguing your car isnt nice, or fast, but it is a 4 door car, and this is a site for CLASSIC chargers, there are forumns to show off your newer 4 door "charger". I stand with what I said, muscle cars died in the 70s.

Cooter

Anything with over 400 HP Qualifies in my book today...A buddy here has a '66 Plymouth Wagon.. Runs low 7's 8th mile with 4drs. and seats 9..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ponch ®

Quote from: RCKSTR on February 05, 2010, 12:55:37 PM
I didnt know they offered a 6 speed manual in the charger! Or brembo brakes! Also the challenger is 4 inches shorter, its wheelbase is 3 inches shorter, and its roof is an inch shorter! All that makes a big difference styling wise. Wether they perform the same or not, its just not an attactive car. Im not arguing your car isnt nice, or fast, but it is a 4 door car, and this is a site for CLASSIC chargers, there are forumns to show off your newer 4 door "charger". I stand with what I said, muscle cars died in the 70s.

well you know...some guys don't find Megan Fox "attractive" (I think they're just gay). I don't find an Olds 442 attractive..but who am I to say it isn't a muscle car?

How do you define a muscle car anyway? Made by one of the (so called) Big Three? Check. 350+ hp V8? Check. RWD? Check. Aggresive styling? I think so. Handles like Rosie O'Donnell on a skateboard? Check.

And BTW, Chargers (and the other two LX based cars) DO come with Brembo brakes in SRT trim (which, I might add, includes a 420 hp engine - stock). No manual tranny yet, but I hear one is coming in the next generation - I have the AutoStick to play with, at least.

Sorry mate, but the decider of what a muscle car is you are not.