News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XP29H9C273905 - 69 Body on a 08 Frame - General Lee Converstion

Started by JoeyGowdy, January 28, 2010, 08:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

im assuming that the wheel base of the 08 is the same as 07 for srt-68 and the rear wheel wells will have to be moved? guess im jumping the gun and it will be shown in the next year. good luck joey. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

SRT-68

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 04, 2011, 01:51:39 PM
im assuming that the wheel base of the 08 is the same as 07 for srt-68 and the rear wheel wells will have to be moved? guess im jumping the gun and it will be shown in the next year. good luck joey. :2thumbs:

Yes, the '07 an '08 LX are the same wheelbase. They are a 5" longer wheelbase then the '69 Charger. You can shorten the LX pan 2.5" and push the front wheelwells forward or you can move both the front and rear wheelwells. You need to push wheelwells because there is a specific location that the LX firewall has to land on the '69 if you want all of the new LX heat, ac, and instruments to fit.

Vainglory, Esq.

JoeyGowdy

Removed the Four Doors, Front & Rear Carpets and various Electronics :cheers:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

JoeyGowdy

Removed the Front Windshield, Main Dash and Center Console :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Keep the pic's comming.  I would love to see the outcome. :cheers:

nvrbdn

is this car ending up with the old 69 interior, or the new 08 interior??
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 09, 2011, 08:08:11 PMKeep the pic's comming.  I would love to see the outcome. :cheers:
Thanks, will do.

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 09, 2011, 08:52:40 PM

Saddle Tan Classic 69 Interior  :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on November 09, 2011, 10:19:16 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 09, 2011, 08:08:11 PMKeep the pic's comming.  I would love to see the outcome. :cheers:
Thanks, will do.

with all the modern stuff on the car wouldnt it be better to keep the o8 dash and controlls  ???
i know the look is not great but computers and moduals abound 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: moparstuart on November 10, 2011, 02:35:06 PM
Quote from: JoeyGowdy on November 09, 2011, 10:19:16 PM
Thanks, will do.

with all the modern stuff on the car wouldnt it be better to keep the o8 dash and controlls  ???
i know the look is not great but computers and moduals abound 

he'll run into problems without using the factory LX instrument cluster if I remember correctly...        ask 68SRT --- >         then again with enough ingenuity (and money/time) anything is possible
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: moparstuart on November 10, 2011, 02:35:06 PMwith all the modern stuff on the car wouldnt it be better to keep the o8 dash and controlls  ??? i know the look is not great but computers and moduals abound
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 10, 2011, 02:56:17 PMhe'll run into problems without using the factory LX instrument cluster if I remember correctly...  ask 68SRT --- > then again with enough ingenuity (and money/time) anything is possible
Heh, no worries there - I already have something in mind for that... check for spoilers later.  :2thumbs:

After all, we did make a 1981 Delorean Cluster work on the 1988 BroncoII 4x4 Wiring system.  :angel:

Here is a quick snap shot via the cell phone of the 1969 and 2008 clusters for comparison.   :scratchchin:

With a few mods the MPH & RPM will work - the other four gauges can be aftermarket.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

This original post is 1 1/2 years old. I want progess.  :nana: :popcrn:

bull

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 10, 2011, 02:56:17 PM
he'll run into problems without using the factory LX instrument cluster if I remember correctly...   

He'll probably run into more problems than that with his penchant for fraud and underage girls.

Ghoste

bull

I clicked on 4-5 of those links are they're basically all the same. If it is Gowdy who's using a different profile he will get banned from this site. Not sure why that's a worse offense here than being the most annoying pain in the butt on the internet but that's the way it is.

Ghoste

Might not be.  If you go to Ron's website, it's all car talk and no Gowdy links so...

SRT-68

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on November 04, 2011, 12:48:01 PM
Mwhahaha... the teardown has begun!  :popcrn:  Deconstruction is fun!   :2thumbs:

Make sure you take a lot of photos and notes as you take this apart. Be VERY careful with the wiring and connectors. If you damage the connectors you will get to spend many hours trying to troubleshoot electrical problems later.
PM me if you need wiring and service manuals for the '08 LX platform.

BOSSHEMI

Why do people build a replica of the General Lee, I just dont see the point. It was a TV show that wrecked hundreds of 68 - 70 Chargers. It was painted Chevy orange which is just wrong on so many levels, as a Mopar guy having any GM thing on my Mopar would kill me.

Anytime I see a Charger get wrecked or any Mopar by some Hollywood jackass I just get pissed

When you build a GL all I keep thinking is your supporting a show that killed more Chargers and made it hard to restore one untill the last few years

just your avg "car guy"