News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XP29H9C273905 - 69 Body on a 08 Frame - General Lee Converstion

Started by JoeyGowdy, January 28, 2010, 08:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

SRT-68

Yes, you can use a Chally pan as the wheelbase is a near perfect match, but the buy in is still way to costly. R/T '06-'08 chargers with minor damage can be had for less than 6K complete. The shear mass of metal work that has to be done anyway makes the wheelbase issue a small project.

My car is out of the body shop and nearly finished. We should have it back on the road this week. I will post more photos tomorrow.

The70RT

He's not worried about how much money it cost.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

You're dealing with a man who bought a robot for 25k.

JoeyGowdy

Which engine for this build... 5.7L (345 ci), 6.1L (370 ci) or 6.3L (440ci)... decisions, decisions.
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Ghoste

You already have the 440 and I'm guessing one of the other two will come in whatever wreck you pick up for this project.  I say none of the above.  It's time someone stepped up to the plate and put a jet turbine in one of these things.  Now THAT would be something to really talk about!

SRT-68

Here is the finished graft. I drove the car to sema and back with no problem. Got 22mpg at 80 mph with the A/C on.

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

PocketThunder

Quote from: SRT-68 on November 16, 2010, 02:14:51 PM
Here is the finished graft. I drove the car to sema and back with no problem. Got 22mpg at 80 mph with the A/C on.

Is that your house?   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SRT-68

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 16, 2010, 03:55:00 PM
Quote from: SRT-68 on November 16, 2010, 02:14:51 PM

Is that your house?   :o

Not even close...... I have the back house in a duplex in Torrance,CA 

SRT-68

This is the what you see when you pull up to my house. Jeff Foxworthy could have a field day at my house. I have the worlds most understanding wife. This is from a year ago when we were building the car.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Vainglory, Esq.

Great pictures.  Btw, you parked right by the Malaga Cove school off Paseo Del Mar in Palos Verdes Estates, right?  The point break right below that bluff, called "Haggerty's" used to be my local surf spot when I lived in PV.

Got any more pics?

SRT-68

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on November 16, 2010, 06:03:32 PM
Great pictures.  Btw, you parked right by the Malaga Cove school off Paseo Del Mar in Palos Verdes Estates, right?  The point break right below that bluff, called "Haggerty's" used to be my local surf spot when I lived in PV.

Got any more pics?

You nailed it! It is a great photo spot that the cars cobuilder/ photographer uses. Here is a link to a page on my website that has some build and progress photos.
http://mopar5150.com/68charger.html

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on September 20, 2010, 09:40:48 AM
You're dealing with a man who bought a robot for 25k.

Allegedly. :icon_bs:

The car looks awesome. :2thumbs: It's the best looking LX Charger in existence, bar none.

Rolling_Thunder

Looks Good John - Can't wait yo take both the cars out there -   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: SRT-68 on November 16, 2010, 07:01:14 PM
Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on November 16, 2010, 06:03:32 PM

Got any more pics?

You nailed it! It is a great photo spot that the cars cobuilder/ photographer uses. Here is a link to a page on my website that has some build and progress photos.
http://mopar5150.com/68charger.html

Thanks for the link.  Gotta love that photo spot.  I used to live right up the street on Via Boronada.

SRT-68

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 16, 2010, 11:26:00 PM
Looks Good John - Can't wait yo take both the cars out there -   :2thumbs:

Lets get them both to spring fling!

Brock Samson

MoparManJim

I'm sorry, but I don't think people should kinda mess with old school stuff, at least they have style.. 

I look at the car photo, and much as I tried to convince myself I couldn't.. to me it kinda looks hotwheelzish. The craftsman ship that went into marrying two different brands of chargers togother is good and shows that it can be done, but those rims screams to me as a hotwheels style though like something you see on a hotwheels in a store. 

I really like the color of the car though.  :2thumbs: 

SRT-68

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 17, 2010, 01:30:58 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't think people should kinda mess with old school stuff, at least they have style.. 

I look at the car photo, and much as I tried to convince myself I couldn't.. to me it kinda looks hotwheelzish. The craftsman ship that went into marrying two different brands of chargers togother is good and shows that it can be done, but those rims screams to me as a hotwheels style though like something you see on a hotwheels in a store. 

I really like the color of the car though.  :2thumbs: 

I have recieved a bit of grief from the hard core old school guys about adding the modern platform to a '68 Charger. Even after telling guys it was a salvage title 318 car they still get pissed I cut it up. Your comment on the wheels is pretty close to how they came to be. I was in Kragen auto parts and found a toy 2009 mustang with big torque thrust wheels on it and that was all she wrote. In fact they are TQ M series from American Racing and are made for new cobra Mustangs.

The paint color is 2010 Austin Martin Titainium

Rolling_Thunder

Well big wheels are needed to clear the BIG brakes   haha   ---   I agree with my original assessment - if you had a taller tire on it front and rear it would make the wheels looks more proportionate -  but then again we've gone over this     haha

Yep - I want my car at the fling bad -  it WILL be there -   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

SRT-68

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 17, 2010, 03:03:50 PM
Well big wheels are needed to clear the BIG brakes   haha   ---   I agree with my original assessment - if you had a taller tire on it front and rear it would make the wheels looks more proportionate -  but then again we've gone over this     haha

Yep - I want my car at the fling bad -  it WILL be there -   

Get a task list together and lets get it done. I can't wait to roll in together at the fling!

Brass

Nice work.  That color is very stately.