News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XP29H9C273905 - 69 Body on a 08 Frame - General Lee Converstion

Started by JoeyGowdy, January 28, 2010, 08:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Sydmoe on February 28, 2010, 03:46:55 PM
West Coast Custom bulit this one fo rthe black guy thast use to be on CSI Los Vegas

The car is beautiful...but those rims just kill it dead  :rotz:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Black Charger

I saw a similar project in a recent issue of Mopar Collector's Guide where a guy up in Canada took a wrecked 2007 Charger R/T and grafted a 1969 Charger body he had sitting around onto it. Since he liked the 1968 model better, he grafted a grille and tail light panel onto the 1969 body. The guy claimed in the article that he and his sons carefully videotaped the entire process so they can do more of these conversions in the future. If this is possible, I would LOVE to send them my 2006 Charger SRT8 for one of these "facelifts." It would be great to have the speed, handling, reliability and creature comforts of the new Charger combined with the drop dead gorgeous looks of the old one.

bull

Quote from: Death1970Proof on February 28, 2010, 09:15:46 PM
Quote from: Sydmoe on February 28, 2010, 03:46:55 PM
West Coast Custom bulit this one fo rthe black guy thast use to be on CSI Los Vegas

The car is beautiful...but those rims just kill it dead  :rotz:

Well if you have to put something ugly on it I say make it the wheels because it's an easy fix. :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

yeah yeah...   I know...         pics...         I haven;t honestly seen the guy lately - but I'll snap some pics Saturday - our local club meeting...

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Mike DC

I don't mind custom conversions & tube chassis jobs when the shops are using $500 Charger hulks. 

But it's infuriating when people "start the project with a good foundation" and hack up an intact 40yo unibody just to get the roof structure and side panels.   

elanmars

I don't care for the plastic interior of the chagnums.

a modification that would be FAR more interesting would be putting a 1st gen dash in other gens.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Black Charger

If these conversions get popular enough, maybe Dynacorn will produce 2nd gen Charger bodies to go along with the Mustang, Camaro and 1957 Chevy repop bodies that are already out there. At least it would save nice original cars from getting hacked to peices for conversions and whatnot.

Ryan

That interior is freakin horrible :'(
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Mike DC

QuoteIf these conversions get popular enough, maybe Dynacorn will produce 2nd gen Charger bodies to go along with the Mustang, Camaro and 1957 Chevy repop bodies that are already out there. At least it would save nice original cars from getting hacked to peices for conversions and whatnot.

I think that'll happen whether these conversions ever take off or not.  It's probably just a matter of time. 

They already make most of the car right now.  If you're just talking about getting a solid bare shell, you can easily buy an old used Charger unibody that has everything they don't sell for $1000 or less.

ac_knight

I personally like the way it turned out, minus the wheels of course.

Neal_J

Wow, the worst of all worlds - ghetto on the outside and plastic on the inside.   The new mullet?

Hate it.

ACUDANUT

If you want pics', They featured this car in Mopar Muscle (maybe MCG) I have the issue.  Some guys that own a Farm did this and if I remember right the "old man" died in a Helicopter crash while they were working on it...If it means that much to you I will find the acticle.

moparmagic

Quote from: Black Charger on March 01, 2010, 12:25:10 AM
I saw a similar project in a recent issue of Mopar Collector's Guide where a guy up in Canada took a wrecked 2007 Charger R/T and grafted a 1969 Charger body he had sitting around onto it. Since he liked the 1968 model better, he grafted a grille and tail light panel onto the 1969 body. The guy claimed in the article that he and his sons carefully videotaped the entire process so they can do more of these conversions in the future. If this is possible, I would LOVE to send them my 2006 Charger SRT8 for one of these "facelifts." It would be great to have the speed, handling, reliability and creature comforts of the new Charger combined with the drop dead gorgeous looks of the old one.

Hello,
i would be the one your talking about.
our family modified a 1968 with 2007 charger R/T platform, suspension, brakes ect. now she is such a beautiful classic to drive, not that the 68 wasn't , but it now has all the newest technology with old body style, not hard to find parts now!
we have been in several magazines, papers and even got an invite to California to 2009 Mopars at the playboy Mansion. here's  a link  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MujzKJ9Z-A

want to do this as a business, the whole family had such a great time, we love our Mopars!

Black Charger

moparmagic,

Thanks for the reply! I have to say that I have been excited about the possibility of having my LX Charger converted ever since I saw that article about your car. If/when you decide to start doing these for the general public, let me know.

Also, if you haven't already, you might want to consider joining some of the LX forums, since your Charger is still technically an LX. Your car would blow people's minds over there for sure! Here are some links:

www.chargerforums.com

www.lxforums.com

Akron_Charger

hmm looks like Dodge finally made a new Charger the right way :D awesome build!

moparmagic

Quote from: Black Charger on May 07, 2010, 02:16:09 PM
moparmagic,

Thanks for the reply! I have to say that I have been excited about the possibility of having my LX Charger converted ever since I saw that article about your car. If/when you decide to start doing these for the general public, let me know.

Also, if you haven't already, you might want to consider joining some of the LX forums, since your Charger is still technically an LX. Your car would blow people's minds over there for sure! Here are some links:

www.chargerforums.com

www.lxforums.com

Black Charger,

Thanks for the links,

we have a couple of projects on the go. one 70 Charger OE full quarter panels and a 1968 Drag Car with roll gage (custom build).
i have pic's on my website if it ever gets up running the tech guy seems to be always on vacation, so check back often. Under construction now should be up hopefully soon. www.djscustommopars.ca

anything you need , we will build to suit you.

Thanks for your interest, hopefully will spark some business.

ACUDANUT

Sorry about your Father !! :pity:

moparmagic

Thanks,

its' been 4 years this past May 1. He was our inspiration to continue with this project it was a healing process as well as determination. This car means so much to all of us, for many different reasons. We will never sell it.

Our continuing expression Dad said was "do it right the first time.". we hold close to that and continue to do it right the first time or don't do it at all. i guess you might say perfection runs in the blood.

Thousands of man hours it took to convert, but in the end pure hemi perfection.

Rolling_Thunder

Well I can't discuss details - but there is another company out there at the moment who are doing the beginning on these conversions - my friend's Charger / Magnum conversion is currently at their shop being measured, photographed, etc...       within the next year or two these should be available for public sale.

JoeyGowdy

This 09 to 69 conversion is quite tempting.  :scratchchin:

I may consider selling my 68 GL to start one.  :popcrn:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Neal_J

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on May 14, 2010, 03:54:09 PM
This 09 to 69 conversion is quite tempting.  :scratchchin:

I may consider selling my 68 GL to start one.  :popcrn:

On no, more videos!~

ACUDANUT

I couldn't do it. A classic American Mopar Muscle on A Fiat/Gov owned Company.:brickwall:

JoeyGowdy

Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on May 15, 2010, 02:59:18 AM
There are quite a few salvaged cars to choose from:

http://www.carfrom.us/car/search/action/search/?carmake=DODGE_CHARGER

http://www.carfrom.us/car/search/action/search/?carmake=DODGE_CHALLENGER

Have any pictures of that new frame?   :scratchchin:

It is a uni-body construction...      you'll need the entire floor pan from a donor car

Brock Lee

Hows the Delorian coming along?