News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your dream cruise?

Started by Ghoste, January 28, 2010, 08:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

In one of the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry threads I mentioned that a cruise through the part of California where that movie has been filmed is a dream of mine and then I thought about some of my other dream cruises such as the American southwest or Route 66 or even  a coast to coast run.
What are some of yours?

ChgrSteve67

MATS in Las Vegas (2010)

45th Birthday for the Dodge Charger in St Louis & Route 66 for the trip home with a side trip to the Grand Canyon (2011)

Carlisle (20??)
Woodward Dream Cruise (20??)
Hot Rod Power Tour (20??)
Moparfest Canada  (20??)

elacruze

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on January 28, 2010, 08:19:57 PM
Route 66 with a side trip to the Grand Canyon (Doing this in 2011)
Carlisle
Woodward Dream Cruise
Hot Rod Power Tour

Yep that's my plan as well, but we'll begin with a trip from Florida to Michigan on as much of old Dixie Highway as we can find. We used to take that road when I was a kid before I-75 was finished.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

WHITE AND RED 69

Ive always wanted to do the hotrod power tour. But being in california would make it alot of miles.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on January 28, 2010, 08:11:11 PM
In one of the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry threads I mentioned that a cruise through the part of California where that movie has been filmed is a dream of mine and then I thought about some of my other dream cruises such as the American southwest or Route 66 or even  a coast to coast run.
What are some of yours?

yeah that would be one of mine also ghoste :yesnod: the DMCL road trip ,
then route 66
the original vanishing point location , roads & stuff
 prolly the bullit location also  :yesnod:
 oh yeah another , if i had the dough !! would to drive east to west & north / south  all  over , & visit all the local shows / cruzes   &   meet as many fellow Mopar/ charger buddies on www.dodgecharger.com as possible   :yesnod: :cheers:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

71ChallengeHer

I want to get a bunch of my friends together and cruise Route 66.  :2thumbs: That's on my bucket list.

1970Moparmann

If you haven't went to the Woodward Dream Cruise, unbelievable....... It can be pretty crazy for your first time, but definitely worth it 

Hot Rod Power Tour is for this year!  I did two legs last year, but this year plan on doing almost all of them with 10 buds.  This is a hell of an event, and completely awesome.  You definitely put some miles on your car, but a very cool event.

Rt 66 will be coming in the future.  How about a Dodgechargerforum Rt 66 cruise?? :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

stripedelete

When I was 20 I bought a $200.00 69 Charger for $900.00 in Spokane Washington, and with a buddy, drove it back to Ohio.  26 years later, we can still make a room full of people pee themselves listening to our stories.  

Dream cruise: complete!

69bronzeT5

I'm looking forward to cruising Vegas during the MATS :yesnod: One day I'd love to drive my Charger down the California coast and then somebody thru Montana, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico....you know, all the states with the beautiful rock scenery.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68charger383

I think cruising around the countryside in Europe would be very cool.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

68X426

I must be the luckiest man on the face of the (mopar) earth. I live and drive in Northern California today, and lived and cruised Van Nuys Blvd in the 1970s. :icon_smile_cool:

I think dream cruise number one is Route 66. I did it as a teenager with an uncle, from Chicago to LA, but I'm too old now to remember details. :'(

Dream cruise two would be the BBQ belt, Kansas City to Memphis, thru the South and finish in North Carolina. Catch some NASCAR along the way.  :icon_smile_tongue:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

The BBQ belt. :icon_smile_big:   I don't believe I've heard that term before, is it one you made up?

chargerboy69

Quote from: 68X426 on January 29, 2010, 03:24:54 AM

Dream cruise two would be the BBQ belt, Kansas City to Memphis, thru the South and finish in North Carolina. Catch some NASCAR along the way.  :icon_smile_tongue:

Sounds good to me too.

The wife and I watch that darn Man Vs. Food on the Travel channel.  He always hit great BBQ places in the south. We have often talked about writing some of these places down and looking them up someday.  And I wonder why I have a weight problem.  ::)

As crazy as the state is, I would love to drive through California along the coast.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RECHRGD

I wish there was a hot rod power tour for west coast people!
13.53 @ 105.32

471_Magnum

Power Tour is pretty amazing. The traffic getting into the venues sucks, but the drive in between is what it's all about. Nothing like cruising down the two lane highways with everybody sitting on the side of the road watching you go by.

Going to try to go this year again. Wife has tentatively given permission, but I need to find a new copilot since she will not be available.

I'd also like to roll down the Florida keys. Did it about nine years ago in a rental car, but the entire time I was thinking how nice it would have been to do in my Satellite convertible that I owned at the time.

Been out to Nevada too, again, in a rental car. Unleashing a muscle car on those open roads with some of the scenery out there as a back drop would be incredible.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

68X426

Quote from: Ghoste on January 29, 2010, 09:15:53 AM
The BBQ belt. :icon_smile_big:   I don't believe I've heard that term before, is it one you made up?

Well, yeah, I created the term. Just came to me. Though in this hi-tech media driven world it probably got into my head without my knowing it even happened.

To go a step further, how about my idea for a new show: Man In Mopar vs Food. :drool5: :drive: :drool5:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

rp23g7

101 from the tip of washington to los angeles would be a good cruise.  Dont know where it was, but we drove to Texas in our Winnebago in the mid 70's somewhere in the southwest there was a totally straight stretch of road, probably 40 miles, i would love to have blasted down it.  Highway 40 out by 29 Palms woudl be a good cruise too.

draftingmonkey

Quote from: rp23g7 on January 29, 2010, 04:47:02 PM
101 from the tip of washington to los angeles would be a good cruise.  Dont know where it was, but we drove to Texas in our Winnebago in the mid 70's somewhere in the southwest there was a totally straight stretch of road, probably 40 miles, i would love to have blasted down it.  Highway 40 out by 29 Palms would be a good cruise too.

Yes, 101 is a great drive, busy through LA and SF, but beautiful especially through the Redwoods. Have driven it all the way from south OC up and around the peninsula.  Thinking about 29 Palms reminds me when I was a young Marine I used to bounce in a bar (Sundance Saloon) in Parker Dam, AZ with 3 buddies from my unit, on weekends when we were around for extra cash. Took my '74 Charger, set the cruise control at around 110 and would make the drive in around an hour.  In those days we were lucky to see even one car on that stretch of Highway 62 east out of 29 Palms. Nobody said young Marines were smart about safe driving habits.

As for a nice cruise, a drive up the Big Sur coast (Highway 1) is a nice drive.

TheAutoArchaeologist

I wanna do Route 66 in the next 4 years.

Then swing home on the Lincoln Hwy.  But I would love to travel the 101 and hit up the tail of the dragon.

Who in their right mind would do the Power Tour... only crazy people do it.... and only INSANE people do it for the third straight year in a row!

Yes I did sign up and I'm registered for the 2010 Power Tour........

Ryan

moparguy01

my dream cruise is nowhere.  :shruggy: I want to get in the car and drive. and I'm sure I'd find cool stuff along the way.

ACUDANUT

Your all way off. My Dream cruise is a 2 week Caribbean cruise with a ship full of Babes, that are in heat. :icon_smile_big:

BBKNARF

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 30, 2010, 01:22:38 PM
Your all way off. My Dream cruise is a 2 week Caribbean cruise with a ship full of Babes, that are in heat. :icon_smile_big:
:iagree:  :drool5:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

john.v

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 30, 2010, 01:22:38 PM

:iagree: :iagree: will do my cruise this april for one week and the other week will cruise to Orlandoooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  :drool5:

ChgrSteve67

I was thinking about posting something like that.  1 Month on a curise ship in the Bahamas or somewhere its nice and warm and the women don't wear much.  But I didn't want to derail the thread.