News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to get a new title?? who's the best ??

Started by Rallyecharger, January 28, 2010, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rallyecharger

Hi, I remember reading something about obtaining a title for car if it was lost or misplaced?? I did not care to pay attention because I thought I would never need to know........ :shruggy:
Now there is a car I am interested in but he only has a bill of sale to offer up ???
Any suggestions??

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Rallyecharger

Thanks.......but is there not some sort of title services company out there that speeds up the process??

41husk

I have misplaced more than one title in Illinois.  As long as the last owner had it registerd, he can pay for a replacement title, and it looks no different from the original.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

stripedelete

Quote from: Rallyecharger on January 28, 2010, 09:56:00 PM
Thanks.......but is there not some sort of title services company out there that speeds up the process??

Once upon a time it could cost a thumb in many states -even if it was your car.   It's much easier these days.  Notorized bill-of-sale AND a copy of the last registration (and a trip to the DMV) gets you a title in most states.   Just check with the DMV.