News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

P90X, BRING IT!!! WEEK 1 & WEEK 9 pics for you to laugh at :D

Started by RD, January 24, 2010, 10:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

i am slacking!!!  ok.. today is the 9th, did kenpo tonight.. lotsa movement, worked up a sweat, still going strong.  chop chop!

the 6th we did biceps and back, lots of weights pushed, moved up on the weights quite a bit to start bulking up.  7th did yoga, which was good as I was able to do a pushup after each chataranga (sp?), yoga move that leads into the plank and ultimately downward dog positions.  for those that are doing it.. i could not do that when i first started.  the 8th did legs and back which really sucks as i hate pull-ups and wall sits LOL.. but wavered through!  So now... I am all caught up and ready to have my day off tomorrow to only start up again on sunday!  woot!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Dans 68

Quote from: RD on April 09, 2010, 06:37:00 PM
...chataranga (sp?) It is spelled chaturanga...close  :laugh: ...So now... I am all caught up and ready to have my day off tomorrow What! A day off? Tell me it aint so. We (the missus and I) are finishing up week 4. A lot of change in that first month.

Keep it up!  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

RD

my abs are so close, but i still can pinch 2"  which is better than the 7" i could at the beginning... i SO want that rock hard body dan the anticipation is so great.  whether it takes me within 90 days or more, i will get there by God, oh yes.. i will get there! :D

thanks for the words of encouragement buddy... how are you finding your experience so far? what do you like/hate/dont care for?

Jamey
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Dans 68

I like the Kenpo and stretching...the Yoga is very difficult but very satisfying to accomplish. The upper body workouts are pretty easy (not too much precise form to learn), but painful. The ab ripper X is brutal but getting easier every time we do it. Photos on Sunday I guess.... :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

RD

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 09, 2010, 07:16:30 PM
I like the Kenpo and stretching...the Yoga is very difficult but very satisfying to accomplish. The upper body workouts are pretty easy (not too much precise form to learn), but painful. The ab ripper X is brutal but getting easier every time we do it. Photos on Sunday I guess.... :P

Dan

the dreaded photo shoot.. you want to see the results, but at the same time, your are afraid to see the results.. i know.

RD

hello fellow P90X'ers!!! welp... this week is week 8 for us (we redid week 7 twice), and we are on a coasting week.  did core synergistics tonight, had yoga last night.  I ate like crap over the weekend as I stayed at my mom and dad's house helping with taxes.  well my mom is a caterer so there is no real diet food there, just junk.  so i had to monitor my portions big time, but still the food I ate was not the best to have.  needless to say, I didnt gain anything, but I was worried!

we will be starting our workouts in teh morning from now on due to the increase daylight to get stuff done outside.  So.. 5:30 a.m. comes early! lol  lets hope i can hustle through it and be ready for the non-lax week starting on week 9.

good luck to everyone and keep up the good work.

RD

been a while.. we took last week off due to illness in the family and i am just now getting over mine.  had a terrible upper respiratory infection and sore throat.  thank God for antibiotics.  anyway... started week 9 tonight, chest and back.. good work out, but i am still a little under the weather and became really exhausted too early.  took a break from the last 5 exercises and caught my breath and drank fluids.  started up on the ab-ripper x and did 310 of the reps.. its a 339 rep exercise.  i know some have wanted to see some pics.. i figured, heck why not.  in 9 weeks (that is 3 months) I went from 210 to 178 and I have one month left of this kiddo's!!!

Week 1, 210 lbs, 43 1/2" waistline, Week 9, 178 lbs, 36 1/2 waistline.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparheater

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: RD on April 25, 2010, 09:39:34 PM
Week 1, 210 lbs, 43 1/2" waistline, Week 9, 178 lbs, 36 1/2 waistline...........................

..............and you look 10 years younger.  Awesome job........, in just 2-3 months!!!
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

moparstuart

Quote from: RD on April 25, 2010, 09:39:34 PM
been a while.. we took last week off due to illness in the family and i am just now getting over mine.  had a terrible upper respiratory infection and sore throat.  thank God for antibiotics.  anyway... started week 9 tonight, chest and back.. good work out, but i am still a little under the weather and became really exhausted too early.  took a break from the last 5 exercises and caught my breath and drank fluids.  started up on the ab-ripper x and did 310 of the reps.. its a 339 rep exercise.  i know some have wanted to see some pics.. i figured, heck why not.  in 9 weeks (that is 3 months) I went from 210 to 178 and I have one month left of this kiddo's!!!

Week 1, 210 lbs, 43 1/2" waistline, Week 9, 178 lbs, 36 1/2 waistline.
WOW  so when is our date   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemidog

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Mike DC

Agreed.  That's a lot of pounds to lose in 6 months, let alone less than 3. 

NHCharger

WOW,great job.
I knows it's probably been asked before, but how long is each work out?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RD

most of them are only an hour.. yoga is 1 1/2 hours.  6 times a week for basic (advanced includes a cardio work out in the morning)

Dans 68

For those of you who care (and I don't think Tony Horton will) here are the DVD's you get, with descriptions and durations.

Dan

RD

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

BB1

Delete my profile

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Jamey, your inspiring me to get my ass off of the chair and do P90x again.  I tried if for a month, and walked away from it over the winter.  No more excuses! 

I may have to keep a log together to keep myself motivated.

Awesome results. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

runningman

RD

First, thank you all for your kind remarks.  I feel so much better and I have so much more energy it is crazy.  I love the way I look now and so do the women! hehe ok.. thats a joke, when I say women, I mean my wife and daughter :D

Wife likes it for health reasons and believe it or not, my daughter is glad daddy doesnt have to be tired all the time or take medicine anymore.  The eyes of a 8 year old I tell ya.

This is a great weight for me.  I am actually contemplating not losing anymore weight and just stick where I am.  I am not too much into the "ripped" abs and muscles thing as it will do nothing for me personally.  So a lil "reserve" is going to be fine.  I will continue with the program, just thinking about cutting it down to 2-3 times a week (doing upper body work outs and ab-ripper) and complimenting this whole program with free running outside 2-3 times a week.  The weather is great, and I want to get out do something that involves fresh air!

I will let you know what and when I plan on doing anything.

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 29, 2010, 12:35:39 PM
Jamey, your inspiring me to get my ass off of the chair and do P90x again.  I tried if for a month, and walked away from it over the winter.  No more excuses!  

I may have to keep a log together to keep myself motivated.

Awesome results. :2thumbs:

BRING IT! you can do it, if my fat ash can, anyone can.  

AND REMEMBER FOLKS.  I DID THIS PROGRAM WITH A HERNIATED DISC IN MY BACK, AND GUESS WHAT?  MY ABS ARE STRONGER AND MY BACK MUSCLES ARE STRONGER, AND I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES WITH MY BACK NOW.  the stronger my muscles became, the better support it gave my back.  the less of a beer belly i had, the less stress was on my lower back.

Its proven, it works,... all it needs is your commitment.