News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

P90X, BRING IT!!! WEEK 1 & WEEK 9 pics for you to laugh at :D

Started by RD, January 24, 2010, 10:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

ok, i'll ask the question everyone is avoiding

were are the before and after photos??????

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

RD

the before photos are on my computer and after the 90 days are up.. i will post those, the two week interval photos and the after photos so that everyone can see the difference.

got done with legs and back... wall sits are the bane of all human existence.. try them for 90 seconds, you will agree.  Doing a lot better in the exercise category.. had abripper after legs/back so ab is toast... calves are toast from calf raises with 20 lb dumbells in each hand.. three different positions for a total of 60 calf raises... EEK.. the burn was tremendous.

I started at 210 lbs, in just 1 1/2 weeks, I am down to......DRUM ROLL 

199 lbs
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

RD

just finished kenpo on its second week.. i get my break tomorrow.  I hit every single exercise (even the extreme ones) without any issues.  My kicks are getting higher and my form is totally improved.  I looked like a guy with two left feet and no balance last week.  Its amazing the results.

I know this sounds a little girly, but I put on jeans that I have not been able to fit in 5 years today.  I was astonished!

People have told me that they are noticing my changes too, which is something I never expected so early.

So I am really happy and excited.  Oh, and believe it or not, salads are tasting a helluvalot better now :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

Okie dokie!!!  Started out week #3 tonight.  Boy those pushups get me lightheaded, always have, even when I was in the army.  I pushed myself hard tonight and boy I felt it.. lots of pain!!!!  I was actually able to finish ab-ripper X after tonight's workout for the first time since we started (which is a feat in itself) due to me being too nauseous to continue in the past.

So, things are doing well. I have lost another 1" off my waistline and I am down to 196 lbs.  That is 14 lbs gone.  I have taken my photos to compare to the before pic's and you can tell a difference in my waistline and chest.  It is not a HUGE difference, but it is noticeable.. by measuring and looking.  *Again, all photos will be posted at the end of my exercise program*

The first month is a "fat shredder" month, next month is the beginning of muscle build up.  So, on that note, I am losing the fat, quickly I may add, and that is very exciting for me and my wife.  Until next time.

speedfreak68

Quote from: RD on February 08, 2010, 01:00:32 AM
Okie dokie!!!  Started out week #3 tonight.  Boy those pushups get me lightheaded, always have, even when I was in the army.  I pushed myself hard tonight and boy I felt it.. lots of pain!!!!  I was actually able to finish ab-ripper X after tonight's workout for the first time since we started (which is a feat in itself) due to me being too nauseous to continue in the past.

So, things are doing well. I have lost another 1" off my waistline and I am down to 196 lbs.  That is 14 lbs gone.  I have taken my photos to compare to the before pic's and you can tell a difference in my waistline and chest.  It is not a HUGE difference, but it is noticeable.. by measuring and looking.  *Again, all photos will be posted at the end of my exercise program*

The first month is a "fat shredder" month, next month is the beginning of muscle build up.  So, on that note, I am losing the fat, quickly I may add, and that is very exciting for me and my wife.  Until next time.

Pushups make you feel lightheaded?!?!?! Don't forget to breathe! haha

RD

Quote from: speedfreak68 on February 08, 2010, 01:25:05 PM
Okie dokie!!!  Started out week #3 tonight.  Boy those pushups get me lightheaded, always have, even when I was in the army.  I pushed myself hard tonight and boy I felt it.. lots of pain!!!!  I was actually able to finish ab-ripper X after tonight's workout for the first time since we started (which is a feat in itself) due to me being too nauseous to continue in the past.

So, things are doing well. I have lost another 1" off my waistline and I am down to 196 lbs.  That is 14 lbs gone.  I have taken my photos to compare to the before pic's and you can tell a difference in my waistline and chest.  It is not a HUGE difference, but it is noticeable.. by measuring and looking.  *Again, all photos will be posted at the end of my exercise program*

The first month is a "fat shredder" month, next month is the beginning of muscle build up.  So, on that note, I am losing the fat, quickly I may add, and that is very exciting for me and my wife.  Until next time.

oh i breathe, its due to my high blood pressure (or more akin to my medicine that thins out my blood).  the quick up and down movements reek havoc on blood flow in my body, plus the exercise program does not allow long breaks to allow my system to reset itself.  pretty much, i am going balls to the wall for an hour straight.

maybe you should try P90X haha! :D

speedfreak68

Quote from: RD on February 08, 2010, 06:53:38 PM
Quote from: speedfreak68 on February 08, 2010, 01:25:05 PM
Okie dokie!!!  Started out week #3 tonight.  Boy those pushups get me lightheaded, always have, even when I was in the army.  I pushed myself hard tonight and boy I felt it.. lots of pain!!!!  I was actually able to finish ab-ripper X after tonight's workout for the first time since we started (which is a feat in itself) due to me being too nauseous to continue in the past.

So, things are doing well. I have lost another 1" off my waistline and I am down to 196 lbs.  That is 14 lbs gone.  I have taken my photos to compare to the before pic's and you can tell a difference in my waistline and chest.  It is not a HUGE difference, but it is noticeable.. by measuring and looking.  *Again, all photos will be posted at the end of my exercise program*

The first month is a "fat shredder" month, next month is the beginning of muscle build up.  So, on that note, I am losing the fat, quickly I may add, and that is very exciting for me and my wife.  Until next time.

oh i breathe, its due to my high blood pressure (or more akin to my medicine that thins out my blood).  the quick up and down movements reek havoc on blood flow in my body, plus the exercise program does not allow long breaks to allow my system to reset itself.  pretty much, i am going balls to the wall for an hour straight.

maybe you should try P90X haha! :D

I've always wanted to try p90x but for the time being I can 't justify the $$. Since I'm in college I have a weightroom and training room open to me for free.  I do spend about an hour in the weightroom every night  (except weekends) and try to run a couple miles at least 2 times a week. But don't take it the wrong way. I give you mad props for doing this  :2thumbs: . I wish I could just get my old man to do it... keep it up!!

NHCharger

Apparently I don't watch enough TV. I thought Jamey was bragging about his new x-box he got for Christmas :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RD

Quote from: NHCharger on February 09, 2010, 07:54:09 PM
Apparently I don't watch enough TV. I thought Jamey was bragging about his new x-box he got for Christmas :lol:

bwhahahahahahahahahahahha

mauve66

i'm afraid the neighbors downstairs will have a fit with me jumping up and down on their ceiling :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

RD

well tonight, it was murder... not the exercises per say, but rather finding the motivation to do the exercises... wife was feeling a little ill, i was having sinus issues... but we forced each other (I am sure we both were just doing it for each other as I know if it were up to us singly, we would not have done it period).

legs and back... Check!  ab-ripper... Check!  both done, thank the Lord!  I am glad we didnt skip.  I knew there would be times that I didnt want to do this, but man, tonight the motivation was just non-existent.  If it was not for my wife, I could not have been able to do this.  God bless her.

RD

well, i have decided (with the help of my friend Dan) to post again.. I will just be doing a summarization for this last week though.  I will keep up the daily's starting Sunday.

This last week was a total change!  We stepped away from the regular exercises / regimen's we have done the past 3 weeks and focused on stretching, core synergistics, kenpo, and yoga.

The stretching was amazing!!! I have never been able to reach the bottom of the soles of my feet while doing a sitting, two-legged hamstring stretch EVER!  (I think it helps that my gut is being removed too! Not so much resistance from buddha belly getting in the way LOL).  The core synergistics is a exercise program focusing on your abdomen, back, and upper body, plus putting in some cardio.  It is no joke, but it feels very rewarding due to the muscle groups all being used at the same time.  I do have difficulty concentrating on keeping my abs and glut's (butt) engaged while doing the exercises as there (to me anyway) is a lot going on during the exercises.  Time and practice will cure that.

Kenpo.. I KICKED ITS BUTT!!!  Boy, I was working kenpo like I have never done it before.  My wife was like "you go superman!!"  I felt so good with it and my kicks were higher than they have ever been.  The main thing was.. I KEPT UP WITH THEM!!!

Yoga.. well its yoga and I sweated my booty off doing the reverse pray pose...  The main thing is this.. my flexibility is just mind-boggling compared to the way it used to be and the results are phenomenal.

191 lbs, I HAVE LOST 19 LBS

mikepmcs

CONGRATULATIONS JAMEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 lighter in less than a month. Way to go, keep up the good work.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RD

well gals and guys... started week 4 of P90X.. "Bring It!" <--- P90X insider joke

anywho... tonight I did chest, shoulders, and triceps first.  OMG!!!!  I felt like I just started P90X all over again!!! THIS KICKED MY BUTTOCKS!!!  :brickwall: :brickwall:  This aint no joke kids and kidettes... my triceps feel like Gordon Ramsay took out all of his anger on them after eating at a greasy burger joint!  Good God in heaven they are in pain.  My trapezius and neck muscles are in pain, lots of pain (actually tight and very uncomfortable.. but yes pain is there i feel it).  That workout is positively a good one.. but boy my arms are jelly.

Oh.. and I wasnt done! nope, nope, nope (<--- taken from "lost before time") we had to do ab-ripper X right afterwards.  yep.. my abs are jelly too.  I worked everything really hard tonight, but you know.. its all worth it.  This next month is where many on the beachbody.com website say their fat just starts melting off, so I am so looking forward to that.  I am very pleased with my effort and achievements so far, but man.. victory is just 2 months away and I can feel its presence.. I am getting so excited to see the new me!!!

edit-  this was my 5,555th post.. neat benchmark

Dans 68

RD,

I just wanted to thank you very much for starting this thread.   :flame:   The idiot I am, I told the wife about your P90X exploits with your wife, and how you both are well on your way to being fit and healthy. Now she wants me to purchase the program, and has asked me to do it with her so she will keep motivated.  :brickwall:  I tried to tell her that it will hurt, that she will mentally get beat up, and that I will love her no matter how fat she gets (o.k., so I didn't tell her that. I'm not that much of an idiot).

So, I will be getting the necessary materials so the loving couple that we are can indulge ourselves together for an hour a day. Oh boy.... :o ::) ;)

Did I thank you yet?

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

RD

Quote from: Dans 68 on February 21, 2010, 11:24:33 PM
RD,

I just wanted to thank you very much for starting this thread.   :flame:   The idiot I am, I told the wife about your P90X exploits with your wife, and how you both are well on your way to being fit and healthy. Now she wants me to purchase the program, and has asked me to do it with her so she will keep motivated.  :brickwall:  I tried to tell her that it will hurt, that she will mentally get beat up, and that I will love her no matter how fat she gets (o.k., so I didn't tell her that. I'm not that much of an idiot).

So, I will be getting the necessary materials so the loving couple that we are can indulge ourselves together for an hour a day. Oh boy.... :o ::) ;)

Did I thank you yet?

Dan

you will not forget it (literally and figuratively speaking hehe).. and your welcome.. I guess I shouldnt ask to spend some time in Washington with you after you begin in lieu of getting smacked huh? hehe

mauve66

hey RD, its HIS fault for mentioning it........................... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

RD

gosh darn global warming/climate change!!! tweaked my back shoveling snow!!! taking a night off to let it realign itself.  The joys of a herniated disc.  No way in heck was I going to be able to do plyometrics tonight.  I tried, but I felt my back saying "no, no" so its time to rest, rejuvenate and try again tomorrow!

RD

WELL... I AM BACK!!! Took a week off to let the back heal itself and started up right where I left off, Plyometrics!!!  Boy.. it started out rough.. my quad's were hitting fatigue real easy, but I was pushing myself hard.  Felt great towards the end.. oh yes.. I feel wonderful.

Now.. for what some maybe interested in viewing or just not curious until after I say it... I took the whole week off, kept eating the same stuff AND YES, I CHEATED SOMEWHAT!! EEK... TONY HORTON IS GONNA KILL ME :D  Anyway.. I did not GAIN ONE POUND!!!   I have stayed 190 all week!!!  That is exciting in its own right I tell ya.  Woke up this morning and got on the scale and boom 190lbs!!! So, for all who do not know.. I am at my 20 lbs weight lost benchmark in 1 month.  My goal weight is 175 (RIPPED) so hopefully I will get there.. God I hope so!!! My gut is really small compared to what it was, but there is still alot of room for improvement. 

At the end of this week will be our 1 month photos. So I will get a good comparison then.  Again.. I will post all photos of the transformation at the end of the 90 days.

Dan!!! BRING IT!!!

Dans 68

My Tony Horton "package" arrived today, so the missus and I will be getting on the program soon. She has a goal to fit into some slinky things in her closet by June, so her motivation is set. Me, I'll find one.:insertsarcasm:  But there 'aint noway I'm getting back to my college days form (6'-1", 175 lbs)    :icon_smile_wink: I do like the sound of 205 lbs.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Back N Black

Wow! sounds like a pretty intense program. What is your plan to maintain your health and weight after the program is done?

RD

Quote from: Back N Black on March 02, 2010, 08:41:48 AM
Wow! sounds like a pretty intense program. What is your plan to maintain your health and weight after the program is done?

I plan on continuing my work out to maintain the level of fitness by using the program and actually start more cardio (i.e. running). Staying fit is always a work in progress as I remember from my army days, and so far I am enjoying the results.  I do not want to be a bodybuilder by any means, just fit, off of my BP meds, and hope to live a long and happy and non-life threatening existence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BACK AND BICEPS!!!! Wootabulous.. biceps are killing me.. hard work out, lots of curls and pull ups, LOTS OF THEM!!!!  very good time.. did ab-ripper x afterwards and boy I worked the ol abs tonight.  I am doing more and more of the ab workout each time I do it, which is really promising.  I think the first time i did it I only accomplished maybe 2/3 of the entire workout (TOPS! If I am lucky).. tonight I was closer to 88% of the workout.. boy it hurt too, but the more I do the more I am improving.

My initial goal was 175lbs.. but if these muscle workouts keep going.. I think it would be better to put it at 180-183lbs.  I will wait and see in about two weeks to see how my weight loss and inches lost is going.

AW HELL..  why wait? I am excited!!! I went from a 43" waistline... too!!!! *DRUMROLL*

38"

that is around the belly at the bellybutton.. not the hips

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RD

189 this morning!!! what a wonderful sight!