News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

P90X, BRING IT!!! WEEK 1 & WEEK 9 pics for you to laugh at :D

Started by RD, January 24, 2010, 10:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 25, 2010, 10:43:00 PM
how often do you have to do it? (every day, x nights a week, etc).

The thing is, i like going to the gym (as opposed to working out at home)...im thinking there has to be a way to incorporate it into my workouts.

every day, 6 days out of the week, 1 hour each shot.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: RD on January 25, 2010, 10:36:54 PM
wooo hooo!!! just finished plyometrics... OMG, felt like somebody was sticking two nordic broadswords into my thighs and twisting them.. YES IT HURT, but I made it.  These exercises are 1 hour a night with ample warm up and cool down stages, plus water breaks in between.

my wife and i are doing this by the BOOK!  we have totally revamped our nutritional intake based upon the programs requirements.  Minor tweaks here and there to it, but I tell ya, I eat all day long.  My original intake as calculated was !!! 3200 CALORIES  !!! well, to make a long story short, NO FRICKEN WAY.. that was way too much.  We knocked it down to 2400 per day, while monitoring our servings like a wall street trader does his bathroom breaks.  so, no slippage there.  All pop and chips are gone and have been gone, no junk food in the house PERIOD.  I have to change.. my life depends on it.

thank you all for your kind words of support.  now.. for a shower and begin wondering how i will walk around tomorrow without crutches or a walker to aid me. :D

Sounds killer. Good luck. I hate exercise for the sake of exercise - I need an activity disguised as exercise to keep me interested. The Wii is actually helpful in that sense.

I did well with this program - www.mybodymakeover.com  - without the exercise, I lost 30 lbs and have bounced back up about 7 and have held at that level for about 10 months now.
I need to get back into it and add the exercise this time since my back shouldn't be a problem now.

RD

well campers.. day 3 down... hope you all dont mind me "blogging" this here, but it is nice to type it somewhere where I can have fellow like minded moparians yell at me to get my butt in gear.

day 3.... arms and shoulders.. boy it felt great!!! lots of good muscle toning and building exercises  AND... the ab ripper 15 minute exercise.. guaranteed to make you feel like you just got hit in the stomach with a 20lb sledge hammer!!! woo hooo!!!  (boy am i going to feel it tomorrow)

feeling good and eating good  (um... maybe its the endorphins from all the pain my body is trying to mask :D )
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

mauve66

my bosses son did it for about 4-5 months before he went to the Navy and it really changed him from a baby fat 23 year old to a Calvin Klien commercial.  he flew through basic in Chicago in the winter, said lots of guys had problems but the p90x really helped him prepare
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

RD

Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 27, 2010, 12:13:37 AM
What are you eating?

todd

well, its mainly chicken, turkey, lots of veggies, dairy, yogurt, LOTS OF WATER!!! (though i, at night, sometimes substitute tea with two artificial sweetners, "0" calories!!!) turkey slices, celery w/peanut butter... did i mention lots of salad?  I do eat my chicken with BBQ sauce (gates, most bbq sauces are fat free from what my wife tells me, so.. its G2G!)

ON THAT NOTE!!!

Finished day 4, yoga and boy does it make you stretch, breathe (try to breathe... i say that, because the positions you are in, the size of my gut, and trying to breathe are all relative), and work your upper back / arms / and abs.  it was a nice easy pace but it was 1 1/2 hours long tonight, something i didnt expect.  Overall.. its doing well and I am feeling a lot more positive about doing this every night... WHY YOU MAY ASK.. WHY WOULD A LATE 30 SOMETHING FAT GUY WANT TO DO THIS?

I LOST 5 LBS ALREADY THATS WHY!!! WOOT!  yes 5 lbs in 4 days.

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

694spdRT

Good job!  :2thumbs:

Thanks for posting some real experiences. Seems like most of the people doing it in the TV ads were in good shape to begin with and I thought it might be a little extreme for average out of shape people. I mentioned it to my wife earlier this month and we are thinking about getting it also. I use to be able to drop a few pounds off easy to maintain when I was in my 20's but now it requires more effort.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

RD

rule #1, do NOT eat too close to exercising LOL... had a late dinner and well it, needless to say it made the workout that much more difficult.  Had legs and back tonight, and abs afterwards.  I believe I pushed myself harder tonight, but good god the pain caused me to have to slow down and stop here and there.  Abs got worked hard, calves absolutely are wanting to fire me, and my thighs hate my guts.  Other than that.. woo hoo!!! day 5 done.

66chargerkid

Good job Jamie.
Abs suck dont they?They sure do hurt me. I gotta start lifting again.
Q

chargerboy69

Does the workout have the same intensity all the way through?  I was not sure if it had a beginner stage, moderate stage and a whip your ass stage.  Good luck with it.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RD

Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 29, 2010, 07:55:48 AM
Does the workout have the same intensity all the way through?  I was not sure if it had a beginner stage, moderate stage and a whip your ass stage.  Good luck with it.

intensity it is the same, its the order each week that changes based upon where you are at in the program.  Now, that being said, you can get even more intense P90X programs, but they cost more.  There is one, that I remember him saying, was akin to a workout made for NFL players wanting to get back into shape prior to training camp.  Needless to say.. I do doubt I will be doing that one EVER! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 5... Kenpo.. hiiiiyaaa!@!  oh.. well it wasnt like that, but it was a great cardio work out and i made it through it all, which is exciting in its own right.  lots of movement and positions that my body was not ready for.  I had to not only do the exercise but train my muscles to move in ways I have never done in my entire life.  Lots of speed and continual movement.  Felt great afterwards, but now a little sore to be honest.

update on conditioning:  lost 1" from my waist in 5 days and 5 lbs total

tomorrow is my break and will start again on sunday.

RD

well forgot to post last night....

rule#2.. take BP medication prior to doing exercises... you will get dizzy, lightheaded and not do as well.

So.. i took my meds today (in the hope that I will never have to take that stuff again after I am done with P90X).  Plyometrics (jumping exercises) again tonight.  Worked real good, got the reps down, heartrate up to 148-150 (good training heart rate), and made it through it.  Good sweat, good burn of many, many calories, and will have a good sleep tonight.

Lost another 1" off my waistline and feeling damn good about seeing some results from all my hard work.  Even if I am not "ripped" at the end of this, I will be a lot healthier, leaner, and have lots of more energy.

chargergirl

Who cares if it takes 6 months...remember one thing...muscle weighs more than fat...watch the inches not the lbs as much.
Trust your Woobie!

Dans 68

Quote from: chargergirl on February 01, 2010, 11:43:42 PM
Who cares if it takes 6 months...remember one thing...muscle weighs more than fat...watch the inches not the lbs as much.

That is dno*! Inches lost tell all. Look at % body fat if you have one of those nifty electronic scales.

Dan

* please don't make me tell.... :icon_smile_wink:
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

speedfreak68

Those bioelectrical impediance scales aren't that accurate... really the only super accurate ones are like the bodpods and the hydorstatic weighing. skinfold calipers can be accurate but it depends alot on who does them..

moparjohn

hey RD, I'm on day 3, just got the program, looking to loose 25 or so, feel like I did 10 yeras ago. I'm 42, Younger than Tony, I can do this BRING IT!, I have a gentle sorness to all of my body after the past 2 days, I know I'm workin.  Keep this thread going, did u sign up on beachbody.com? I haven't.  OK, got to go eat dinner, and press play. MPJ
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

RD

Quote from: moparjohn on February 02, 2010, 04:41:46 PM
hey RD, I'm on day 3, just got the program, looking to loose 25 or so, feel like I did 10 yeras ago. I'm 42, Younger than Tony, I can do this BRING IT!, I have a gentle sorness to all of my body after the past 2 days, I know I'm workin.  Keep this thread going, did u sign up on beachbody.com? I haven't.  OK, got to go eat dinner, and press play. MPJ

No I didnt sign up there.  thought about it, but decided I like this bunch a helluvalot more.  How did you like plyometrics? hehe

mauve66

a lb of fat weighs the same as a lb of muscle................... its still a lb dammit
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

chargergirl

Quote from: mauve66 on February 02, 2010, 08:03:11 PM

a lb of fat weighs the same as a lb of muscle................... its still a lb dammit
Yes quite true...however the muscle is denser and less..."jiggly" therefore...a woman can weigh 126 prior to working out and 127 after getting to ideal...and the weight is higher and the size is smaller...this chick went from a size 12 to a size 7 massive difference. However she weighed a pound more than when she first started.
Trust your Woobie!

moparjohn

The "jump training" was ok at first, by half way I was struglin, the one with "tire tire" killed me, by that time my cordination was confused, LOL. Aslo the AbX at the end of the workout is extra killer, I have a smallist,but firmish beer belly, not easy. Made it through Sholders and Arms tonite. Yoga tomorrow, thinking to myself "oh, that will be easy" tell ya tomorrow how wrong I was. MPJ

RD

Quote from: moparjohn on February 02, 2010, 08:49:57 PM
The "jump training" was ok at first, by half way I was struglin, the one with "tire tire" killed me, by that time my cordination was confused, LOL. Aslo the AbX at the end of the workout is extra killer, I have a smallist,but firmish beer belly, not easy. Made it through Sholders and Arms tonite. Yoga tomorrow, thinking to myself "oh, that will be easy" tell ya tomorrow how wrong I was. MPJ

i did too!!! boy i was wrong.. it gets better.. but learning the positions was weird at first.. and i realized, my buddha belly is not conducive to some of those positions.  make sure you sip water gently when you do it.. the positions will put a lot of pressure on  your stomach and that is not a good thing (speaking from experience).

AKcharger

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 25, 2010, 02:10:29 AM
...    my friend should be getting into town in about 9 months...   tells me he'll get me in shape for the "pathetic USAF PT test"

Hey watch it  :icon_smile_evil:

You try 1.5 miles in under 12 min, 50 P/U and 50 crunches in a min. ea when your 45!

RD

YOGA!!!  1 1/2 hours of pure and unadulterated lack of comfortability. period.  putting your body into positions that make you more flexible, but at the same time making you ask God to put you out of your misery...  I cannot wait for my buddha belly to go away so I can actually do some of these without that interference :D

moparjohn

I did not enjoy the Yoga, it was, yes tough, but boring, and I guess I wasn't focused. Anyway I had it through 1/2, try the rest this AM.  MPJ