News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Sponsor Decals

Started by nitrometal, January 24, 2010, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

I'm trying to find a high quality scan of Petty's Superbird.  Especially of the front fender where the associate sponsor decals are.  I need a clear photo so that I can scale what the actual size of each decal was.  Unless, of course, someone knows what the dimension is of those vintage decals were.

The decals that they installed on my car when they built it are huge and don't look right.  I have a buddy that can make me some high quality modern replicas but he needs the dimensions.

At the Talladega meet I heard Joe Machado mention that Nascar had restrictions on the size of contingency decals so I know that they had to be specific sizes.

If anyone has a large scan please PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address to send it to me because of the 200kb limit in the forum.

Thanks in advance,
Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Aero426

There are at least a few guys making the decals, so all you will have to do is write a check.   Wayne Perkins has had a bunch made for his #99 Daytona.  

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

ae8i

For whatever it might be worth, Section 20-33, Paragraph (c) of the 1970 NASCAR Rule Book states:

"All decals or adhesive-backed emblems supplied by manufacturers for advertising or identification on Competition Touring Sedan race cars are limited in size to the area of a 32 square inch rectangle. Only decals of participating manufacturers will be permitted. Car sponsors or owners names are limited to six (6) inches in height. Slogans will not be permitted. Decal sizes will be determined by multiplying the widest dimension and longest dimension of any decal, regardless of the decal shape."

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on January 24, 2010, 08:27:19 PM
There are at least a few guys making the decals, so all you will have to do is write a check.   Wayne Perkins has had a bunch made for his #99 Daytona.  
I think wayne has several extra's or can get more made you can email him and ask  ? he has done tons of research on them

farmboy36b@comcast.net
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nitrometal

Thanks guys.    :cheers:   I knew that were certain specs on sizes after listening to Joe.  I'll contact Wayne and see what he's come up with.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com