News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question on installing new qtr

Started by runningman, February 01, 2010, 09:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Fitting the new sheet metal on my 68, having a little issue hanging the quarter and wondered what the best way to handle this was.  I can't seem to get the inner lip to fit over this brace.  I don't wanna have to bend the inner lip.  Is there a secret to this?

restoman

Wow! Big pic. :)
Take the brace off, hang the quarter and then re-weld the brace back in place.

runningman

Yeah, my wife resized it.  Not sure what the hell happened  :rotz:  I was hoping there was some other alternative but I kinda figured that was that may be the only solution.  Thanks!

SFRT

that brace needs to come off, then go back on after you fit the 1/4
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

runningman

Quote from: SFRT on February 03, 2010, 05:13:08 PM
that brace needs to come off, then go back on after you fit the 1/4

Just saw your post on doing the "lead" work and was gonna ask if that's what you did.  Do you have repo outerwheelhouses on yours?  If so how did they fit?

SFRT

my wheelwells where ok except for the outer lip, so we patched them. my braces where ruined so my friend fabbed new ones. but those definately went on after the 1/4s at the facory so yours need to come off then back on. pics at the end of this thread

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64357.0.html
Always Drive Responsibly

runningman

Great, thanks!  How about the deck filler piece?  It looks like there is a gap where mine meet the quarters..

SFRT

getting the deck filler right took forever, but it eventually fit :

we had to take the 1/4s and dutchamn panel off and on several imes while fussing..eventually got it pretty close. drilled guide holes then sort of use the hole and a pick to force evrything into place then screwed it down.
Always Drive Responsibly

runningman

You have any better focused pics??  That is the area I need to see.  Did you have to push the trunk lid hinge in for this to fit?

SFRT

took them out. this is the best pic I have
Always Drive Responsibly

runningman

Sorry I meant the hinge bracket that attaches to the inner wheelhouse.  Did you have to nudge these in a little to help close the gap from the sail panel to the filler piece?  Thanks

Matt