News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new A-Team movie trailer, fool!

Started by Mike DC, January 23, 2010, 08:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93AADd2Dpo

I'm kinda surprised they didn't use more familiar actors but otherwise it looks like exactly what you'd expect.  Looks like they spent a lot more money than the "Dukes" and "Starsky & Hutch" remakes, but probably not as much as "G.I. Joe".  

They kept the original GMC van.  

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 23, 2010, 08:31:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93AADd2Dpo

I'm kinda surprised they didn't use more familiar actors but otherwise it looks like exactly what you'd expect.  Looks like they spent a lot more money than the "Dukes" and "Starsky & Hutch" remakes, but probably not as much as "G.I. Joe".  

They kept the original GMC van.  

I thnk Liam Neeson is pretty familiar. So now all we need is a complete list of 80s movie remakes of stuff like Simon and Simon, The Fall Guy, Airwolf, etc.

Mike DC

QuoteI thnk Liam Neeson is pretty familiar. So now all we need is a complete list of 80s movie remakes of stuff like Simon and Simon, The Fall Guy, Airwolf, etc.

I thnk we've already seen plenty of the right TV shows & movies being remade, they just keep doing piss-poor jobs at it.

It wasn't a mistake to try to go back to "Terminator" and "Dukes of Hazzard" instead of "The Last Starfighter" and "Hardcastle & McCormick."  The problem is they keep trainwrecking the new versions when they actually do them. 

jb666

Actually, it looks pretty good!! I can't wait!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

maybe I'll hire BK Auto to build me an A-Team van!!!  :coolgleamA:

Silver R/T

I would've loved this about 10 years ago lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mike DC

QuoteI would've loved this about 10 years ago lol

That's as true as ANYTHING else.  Hollywood has been 10 years behind on all these remakes. 

nh_mopar_fan

Geez, two Neeson movies in a row that I like. He was great in Taken.

Until now,  barely managed to get hrough the opening credit of hsi movies before I.... :sleep:

:mrt:

Mike DC

QuoteHe was great in Taken.

Yeah, totally.  Charles Bronson would have been proud.  That flick was a modern-day "Death Wish". 

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on January 23, 2010, 09:15:05 AM

I thnk Liam Neeson is pretty familiar. So now all we need is a complete list of 80s movie remakes of stuff like Simon and Simon, The Fall Guy, Airwolf, etc.

Bradley Cooper is fairly popular too.

I had also heard a Magnum PI movie was in the works, and they were actually considering bringing back Tom Selleck.  Not sure what happened to that one, it might have been good.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

BB1

There is only 1 MR. T

I call Blasphemy !

:notworthy: :mrt:
Delete my profile

Khyron

wait what??? A new "The last Starfighter"???

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Khyron on January 30, 2010, 10:55:06 PM

Looks like it's a follow-up, possibly set 25 years after the original? :shruggy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1196243/

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

MoparManJim

In this movie of the  A-team... they couldn't even get the dang van paint scheme right  :icon_smile_dissapprove: , look at the red stripe that goes down the side of the original series one and then look at this van in the film. Tell me if you notice anything  :shruggy:

skip68

[quote author=jb666

maybe I'll hire BK Auto to build me an A-Team van!!!  :coolgleamA:

Hey Jeff,
If you get the van I'll get them to build me a Night Rider "Kitt" car!!!!  :D :nana: We'll be "soooooooo bitchin!!!" LOL!!!!  :rofl: Of course we'd both have to buy new trucks and car trailers to haul them around, as they won't run!!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :icon_smile_big: :D :lol:

We have a channel that we watch quite frequently called, RTV. It's a retro tv program channel and shows all the old shows. It's actually been quite a kick having our kids introduced to shows like Airwolf (my favorite), A-Team, original night rider, ironside, Rescue, Rockford Files, and many others. I think a Airwolf remake would be cool, if they make the Chopper identical!!!!!  :yesnod: :Twocents:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

P.S. I agree with BB1, "There is only one Mr. T!!!  :mrt:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 30, 2010, 11:33:34 PM
In this movie of the  A-team... they couldn't even get the dang van paint scheme right  :icon_smile_dissapprove: , look at the red stripe that goes down the side of the original series one and then look at this van in the film. Tell me if you notice anything  :shruggy:

I dunno, looks the same?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SukN96byd3w

Plus you get the Hulkster!

I like how the running board is clearly hanging off at the end of the jump.  :smilielol:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

MoparManJim

No, the van paint schemes are not the same. 

The series original van

The movie van

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on January 31, 2010, 12:00:43 AM

I dunno, looks the same?

I like how the running board is clearly hanging off at the end of the jump.  :smilielol:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 31, 2010, 12:32:39 AM
No, the van paint schemes are not the same. 

The series original van

The movie van

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on January 31, 2010, 12:00:43 AM

I dunno, looks the same?

Ummm, you only have pix of the new one?
Johnny's Herd:

Johnny SixPack

Is this closer to what you were looking for?

Someone better sue.  :icon_smile_big:
Johnny's Herd:

Johnny SixPack

So it looks like they screwed the pooch on the red vectors, roof lights, lights on the brush guard, running boards color, the stripe position, and the two tone?

Anything else?  :icon_smile_big:

Here's a screen grab from the original series.
Johnny's Herd:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on January 31, 2010, 01:52:24 AM
So it looks like they screwed the pooch on the red vectors, roof lights, lights on the brush guard, running boards color, the stripe position, and the two tone?

Anything else?  :icon_smile_big:

Here's a screen grab from the original series.

Yea and what I find strange is that I guess the original guy that made the series was also involve with the film as well. If that is true then what the heck went wrong with the van original design from the 80's?

Mike DC

Maybe they just wanted to update it a bit.  It's still in the spirit of the original.  The change to the stripe on the side is way too different to be accidental, for example. 

Most movie cars are also compromised to some extent by the ludicrous time schedules the builders get.  When your shop gets stuck trying to build 10+ copies of a decades-old custom car on barely several weeks notice . . . 

I'm surprised the producers of this particular movie didn't just take a big fat product-placement check and use somebody's brand new SUV or a Humvee. 

chargerboy69

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on January 30, 2010, 11:06:05 PM
Quote from: Khyron on January 30, 2010, 10:55:06 PM

Looks like it's a follow-up, possibly set 25 years after the original? :shruggy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1196243/

I love the original.  With that being said, I will admit The Last Starfighter is a movie in need of a remake.  The story is great, however the effects are a bit rough.  To bad Robert Preston is gone.  We have been cool for a cameo.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Khyron

A-Team van changed.... general Lee changed too.... I'll let it slide because, as stated above, at least they used a old van and not a new vehicle :D

And yes! Bring on Startfighter!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mike DC

Quote. . . General Lee changed too . . .

I thought the 2005 movie crew deserved high props for leaving the GL mostly intact.  The few minor changes they made were pretty understandable IMHO.  Fan-boy perfection was never in the cards for a production of that size.  

People complain about the product-placement steering wheel . . . Umm, yeah, but it also could have been a product-placement Honda Civic wearing the orange paint.  I think we got VERY lucky in the big scheme of things.

And I can't believe they kept the flag.  I would have forgiven them for damn near anything else just because they did that right.