News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what my car sold for at BJs

Started by Hemidoug, January 22, 2010, 06:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemidoug

Exactly....There is a story behind that one. Two guys battling it out? I don't know, but 100K seems a bit much.

mauve66

way too much but then again it was "VISUALLY inspected by GG"
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Charger-Bodie

That's just proof that a desireable car done right is ALWAYS gonna bring good money even in a bad economy.

Its worth that cause someone paid it. Thats what sets the value on any car.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 22, 2010, 07:18:46 PM
Exactly....There is a story behind that one. Two guys battling it out? I don't know, but 100K seems a bit much.

this hobby is going nuts  !!   with them prices !    , you would of thought with all the repop stuff now ,  restored cars , excluding any thing hemi & V code & Aero  ,  that they are not as rare in that condition now as they were 15 years back  , don't think i've done a good job of explaining  , but i think i know what i am trying to say  , i think  :scratchchin: :-\ :shruggy:

no arguing  , a car restored like that will bring big dough ,  :yesnod:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

Hemidoug

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 22, 2010, 07:27:55 PM
That's just proof that a desireable car done right is ALWAYS gonna bring good money even in a bad economy.

Understood, but I don't think you will see, however well done they are, 440 4v auto cars go for over 100K everyday.....excepting aero cars. That was a steep price for that particular car. That would mean, for comparison, my Hemi 4spd car is worth 150K. If anyone is willing to give me 150K for my Hemicar I'll make sure it has a full tank for ya when you come to pick it up.....

WHITE AND RED 69

100 Grand!  :o Its a damn fine car but wow! just think what these cars will be selling for 10-20 years from now.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bull

I believe that's the car that was bought and restored by member "daytonakid" from here in Oregon. It's his lot number so that's got to be the one. He has to be pretty happy about that price. :2thumbs: I heard he was pretty nervous about doing a no-reserve auction but it obviously paid off. The car is pretty much perfect so I can see it fetching a boatload of cash.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,55345.0.html

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 22, 2010, 07:35:49 PM

Understood, but I don't think you will see, however well done they are, 440 4v auto cars go for over 100K everyday.....excepting aero cars. That was a steep price for that particular car. That would mean, for comparison, my Hemi 4spd car is worth 150K. If anyone is willing to give me 150K for my Hemicar I'll make sure it has a full tank for ya when you come to pick it up.....

IF......you took off all the drag race stuff,and your car is all #'s matching,have BS,and did another full detailed rotiss resto and left as a trailor queen as to not get anything dirty  or worn looking,to put yours on the same playing field as his.And put on redlines !!!!!

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 22, 2010, 08:33:15 PM

IF......you took off all the drag race stuff,and your car is all #'s matching,have BS,and did another full detailed rotiss resto and left as a trailor queen as to not get anything dirty  or worn looking,to put yours on the same playing field as his.And put on redlines !!!!!

I agree...but you would agree 100K is way to much for a 440 car.

bull

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 22, 2010, 08:44:45 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 22, 2010, 08:33:15 PM

I agree...but you would agree 100K is way to much for a 440 car.

Maybe it's too much to most of us but obviously it's not too much for everyone because someone paid it. :shruggy: This is kind of a moot debate isn't it?

69 OUR/TEA

I will say I thought it would have topped out at around 65k-70k,but this is a case where two people really wanted it,and in typical BJ fashion(people with deeper pockets than most)did'nt go down without a good fight!

Now,as far as the seller,thumbs up!!!!He prevailed,and as far as I understand,he did the whole car himself,which I love to see.Not a guy who did nothing and just flipped it.If anyone earned or deserved it,it was him!!!!

Congrats daytonakid!!!

daytonakid

I would love to be as fortunate as Hemi doug and have a numbers matching 4 speed hemi car. Kudos to him for being smart enough to get one. Maybe someday I'll be fortunate enough to own a hemi charger. I built this car to showcase what my shop can do and I've been very fortunate to have recieved many very nice things said about it. I agree with Hemi doug that the redlines are not my favorite (I'm a t/a guy). But I felt that would help the car sell. With all the bad weather Today it cleared off and the A4 paint looked awesome in the sun shine. By he time I got out of the car and looked at the screen it had already reached 75,000. It then jumped in 5,000 increments to 100,000. I bouht this car off moparts from a gentleman who was going to part out this numbers matching car. Another car saved from the crusher.
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

Belgium R/T -68

This just verifies my thoughts that it pays off paying attention and invest in the details when doing a full resto. A nice paintjob and a new interior can be done
very cheap.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

tan top

Quote from: daytonakid on January 23, 2010, 01:46:11 AM
I would love to be as fortunate as Hemi doug and have a numbers matching 4 speed hemi car. Kudos to him for being smart enough to get one. Maybe someday I'll be fortunate enough to own a hemi charger. I built this car to showcase what my shop can do and I've been very fortunate to have recieved many very nice things said about it. I agree with Hemi doug that the redlines are not my favorite (I'm a t/a guy). But I felt that would help the car sell. With all the bad weather Today it cleared off and the A4 paint looked awesome in the sun shine. By he time I got out of the car and looked at the screen it had already reached 75,000. It then jumped in 5,000 increments to 100,000. I bouht this car off moparts from a gentleman who was going to part out this numbers matching car. Another car saved from the crusher.

:2thumbs: congratulations on the sale :coolgleamA:  was looking at the pictures , earlier , awesome job on that charger Dude :yesnod:  :2thumbs:

Charger Stuff 

jeryst

Just curious, but does anyone know how much the restoration cost?
That type of quality could not have been cheap.

resq302

Just goes to show you what someone will pay for particular attention to detail!   :2thumbs:  Congrats on the sale.   :scratchchin:  Wonder what my 383 4 spd would bring :scratchchin:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 23, 2010, 03:51:55 AM
This just verifies my thoughts that it pays off paying attention and invest in the details when doing a full resto. A nice paintjob and a new interior can be done
very cheap.

Per
True and not true.  Many more cars restored at that level do not bring that kind of price.  This was truly a rare case about one lucky seller and two guys with big egos and pockets.  All the same a score for a 69 Charger.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Hemidoug

Quote from: daytonakid on January 23, 2010, 01:46:11 AM

Congrats with the restoration and sale! That's one hell of a price for a 440 4v autocar, you must have done an outstanding resto on her. My car is far from numbers matching. The driveline departed the chassis a long long time ago. That being said, I doubt that numbers matching was the force behind the spectacular price paid for your, but I'm sure it helped. Glad you got what you did and you saved it from the crusher....I did the same with mine....just a rolling chassis and a couple of boxs of crap parts. It didn't even have a front clip. How long did it take start to finish?

Oh....smart had noting to do with it...pure luck my friend, the pure luck of being in the right palce, at the right time, with the right amout of coin.....kinda like that lucky buyer and seller of yours.... :2thumbs:

Hemidoug

Quote from: bull on January 22, 2010, 08:49:01 PM

Maybe it's too much to most of us but obviously it's not too much for everyone because someone paid it. :shruggy: This is kind of a moot debate isn't it?

Why is the highest price ever paid for a "run of the mill" 440 4v auto R/T moot? I admit the devil is in the detailed restoration, however you must admit that was a bellweather sale by leaps and bounds...Moot? There isn't anything moot about that sale, from the price that was paid to the quality (as gaged from the sale price) of the car. THAT is E body territory....

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 23, 2010, 09:56:02 AM

Why is the highest price ever paid for a "run of the mill" 440 4v auto R/T moot? I admit the devil is in the detailed restoration, however you must admit that was a bellweather sale by leaps and bounds...Moot? There isn't anything moot about that sale, from the price that was paid to the quality (as gaged from the sale price) of the car. THAT is E body territory....

The people who have money dont care about the same things others do. If they want something it becomes a goal they will do almost anything to reach.

My 68 100% clone sold for 54,000 when I sold it. 3 days later it sold for 79,900. Th only thing right on that car (as far as fender tag stuff goes) was that it had Charger emblems. It was done nice,it was sorted and ready to go . That apearantly means alot.

Any car is worth what 2 people want to push it too.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Hemidoug

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 23, 2010, 10:21:50 AM

The people who have money dont care about the same things others do. If they want something it becomes a goal they will do almost anything to reach.

My 68 100% clone sold for 54,000 when I sold it. 3 days later it sold for 79,900. Th only thing right on that car (as far as fender tag stuff goes) was that it had Charger emblems. It was done nice,it was sorted and ready to go . That apearantly means alot.

Yes..reality and theory are two very different things. However I'd be willing to bet you would be hard pressed, even at the height of the muscle car bubble, to find another "production" 440 4v auto B body attaining that price. It was truly a bellweather price by leaps and bounds. Something very worthy of the pride he most certainly feels and earned I'm sure.

Look, I'm not trying to take anything away from the car....but I'll bet NOBODY would have guessed the value of that particular car would have been as high as it was before the auction...that's all I'm saying.

70charginglizard

*Price Includes 10% Buyers Commission

ouch....no thanks

congrads on the sale though
70charginglizard

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 23, 2010, 10:30:46 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 23, 2010, 10:21:50 AM

Yes..reality and theory are two very different things. However I'd be willing to bet you would be hard pressed, even at the height of the muscle car bubble, to find another "production" 440 4v auto B body attaining that price. It was truly a bellweather price by leaps and bounds. Something very worthy of the pride he most certainly feels and earned I'm sure.

Look, I'm not trying to take anything away from the car....but I'll bet NOBODY would have guessed the value of that particular car would have been as high as it was before the auction...that's all I'm saying.

Yeah , Ill definitely agree with that. It was a surprise.