News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your Disaster Preparation?

Started by Smokey Bear, January 22, 2010, 01:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

Todd Wilson

Quote from: squeakfinder on January 24, 2010, 01:05:19 PM
EMP is what I wonder about. Allthough they might not be effected, but what about solid state ignitions and computer controlled car's when there's an electromagnetic pulse?

http://preparednesspro.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/emp-101-part-iv-faraday-cage/

Thats why I keep the 69 running points and my 1947 Dodge truck!  I also have several all tube radios and transmitters.

Todd

A383Wing

Quote from: Todd Wilson on March 04, 2010, 12:44:58 AM
EMP is what I wonder about. Allthough they might not be effected, but what about solid state ignitions and computer controlled car's when there's an electromagnetic pulse?

Thats why I keep the 69 running points and my 1947 Dodge truck!  I also have several all tube radios and transmitters.

Todd

From my understanding, if car that uses electronic ignition is not actually running when EMP hits, it would not be affected  :scratchchin:

ChgrSteve67

I wonder how much of the car is actually still technically on even though its not running and how a EMP would affect it.

Radiation on the other hand .....

Neal_J

I also have several all tube radios and transmitters.

Wouldn't all the radio stations be knocked out by the pulse?

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Neal_J on March 04, 2010, 05:35:13 PM
I also have several all tube radios and transmitters.

Wouldn't all the radio stations be knocked out by the pulse?

Yes they would. The electronics would all be fried in any of the modern stuff out there. The pulse would interfere with radio signals. It would also zap any electronic equipment out there. Cell phones,your Sony Shower Radio, and probably 99.9% of the countries TV and Radio stations equipment. There MAYBE an old AM station still out there running vintage tube transmitters. I would think your solid state voltage regs and ignition stuff would be zapped in the process.

Todd

2Gunz

Even all tube electronics are not automatically excluded from possible EMP damage.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 2Gunz on March 05, 2010, 08:21:50 AM
Even all tube electronics are not automatically excluded from possible EMP damage.

The older stuff shouldnt matter. They are nothing more then fancy lightbulbs.

Todd

redmist

Ammo and Mags!!

Reloading Supply for both primary and secondary arms..
Take some technical training courses with your weapons.
Carbine course, and 3-gun Match.
spare parts for weapons, Guide rods, springs, firing pins, Bolt if using AR platform
Most people already have 50gal. of water saved (water heater) don't count it out.

The food, Shelter, And Water is easy for me, it's keeping myself alive from others that could be the problem.

STAY OFF ROADS!  I plan on taking the rock crawler if anything goes down, I will be cross land as much as possible. Roads will be packed with sheeple trying to go to god knows where.

Form a decent relationship with a group of folks that can stick togeather...

MEDICINE!

I keep all the meds from the dentist and such, CEPHALEXIN from the Vet, Penicillin, Hydrocodone.

And again!!

AMO AND MAGS!!! AMMO AND MAGS!!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: them pesky varmits may try sneakin up on ya' so don't forget the mines and mortars!  :shruggy:

Todd Wilson

redmist

Quotethem pesky varmits may try sneakin up on ya' so don't forget the mines and mortars!

People Kill eachother in todays time for Starter Jackets, and Nike Shoes...

I am sure after these same people can no longer swipe a credit card in order to get food, they will turn to what people do best. Killing...

Seriously, think about what would happen in a city like Chicago if the Debit system failed to operate for three days.  Something as simple as an electronic banking system going down could make hungry folks kill to feed the family. You can stock all the food and water you want, but the people with the GUNS will come and take it.

Sorry to say.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

ipstrategies

"Seriously, think about what would happen in a city like Chicago"
There are plans (based off of previous riots etc. government documents that define the plans) for civil unrest which makes everyone want to get out of city before it is locked down.

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

BigBlackDodge

120 cases of beer and 3 assualt rifles (okay..........so they're BB guns!) :icon_smile_big:

BBD

AKcharger

jeryst

Quote from: A383Wing on March 04, 2010, 12:53:28 AM

Todd

From my understanding, if car that uses electronic ignition is not actually running when EMP hits, it would not be affected  :scratchchin:

If its got an unshielded chip in it, it will be toast.

Lowprofile

http://www.survivalistboards.com/  :2thumbs:

Anything and everything you want and/or need to know about being prepared for any emergency.......natural or man-made.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL