News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Conan O'Brien LOOKS like Bevis

Started by ACUDANUT, January 21, 2010, 09:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

chargerboy69

But a rich Bevis.  I just heard he gets 40 million for leaving The Tonight Show.  That could buy a lot of wing cars.  :yesnod:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

I read $45 million. But either way, yea.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 21, 2010, 10:26:27 AM
I read $45 million. But either way, yea.

It is a $45 million severance deal but his 200-person staff will get $12 of that and Conan gets the remaining $33 million. Not bad for 7 months worth of work.

dodgecharger-fan

I'd work 8 months for half of that.....

Charger440RDN

The weirdest hair-do I have ever seen except for Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura.

Brock Lee

On an aside, he doesn't just walk and get all thet money for 7 months work. They own the rights to everything he has done on that network and he can't bring it with him. One part of that is all the characters created are the property of NBC. While he can bring the people with him, all of the work done in the past is done and they have to not only start over, but avoid characters created for past skits.

Mike DC

This mugshot (some unknown guy) is said to be a real unaltered image:

Old Moparz

Can you just imagine how much money Conan would have made if he was actually funny?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

miller

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 22, 2010, 10:51:43 AM
Can you just imagine how much money Conan would have made if he was actually funny?

I think the term funny can be defined in many various ways. It really depends on your location, your generation, your up bringing, your previous experiences, your political background, your morals, and generally your culture.

All of those have aligned for me and I believe Conan is funnier than Leno, and I unless I know about all of those variables it would be rude to call you insane for thinking otherwise. :nana:

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

1BAD68

hmmm....

jb666

Old Moparz

Quote from: miller on January 22, 2010, 12:11:12 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 22, 2010, 10:51:43 AM

I think the term funny can be defined in many various ways. It really depends on your location, your generation, your up bringing, your previous experiences, your political background, your morals, and generally your culture.

All of those have aligned for me and I believe Conan is funnier than Leno, and I unless I know about all of those variables it would be rude to call you insane for thinking otherwise. :nana:

Leno used to be funny, but he's lost his edge over the years. Conan is okay, but yeah, Leno is funnier than he is. I'm a David Letterman fan anyway.   :nana:

I don't watch any of them anymore, they're all too scripted & boring now.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ACUDANUT

Letterman was okay until his show turned into politics. I did not care for his negative comments of McCain.

Mike DC

Chris Rock & Steven Colbert are about the only current comedians worth listening to IMHO.  

Dave Chapelle was right up there too but he seems to be retired.  John Stewart does some interesting interviews but he's not that funny.    

General_01

Yea, but Leno looks like an A**HOLE. I can't believe he hung around like he did and it was totally a dick move for him to go back to the Tonight Show. 

I know he lost me as a viewer. I used to watch either him or Dave, based on who the guests were. I liked Dave's monolouges better. I will be watching Dave now if I am up.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Silver R/T

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 22, 2010, 04:29:46 AM

This mugshot (some unknown guy) is said to be a real unaltered image:

that looks more like Frankenstein
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

I remember when Jay was a scared first timer on Carson's original show in the '70s. I allways thought he was just ok but for jay to make more money than God for less than '30 minutes of reading scripted material has never seemed right to me.
I enjoy HEADLINES though.
i missed this entire leno vs. conan thing, is this all because jay is comming back after being ill this past summer?..
:shruggy:

Mike DC

QuoteI allways thought he was just ok but for jay to make more money than God for less than '30 minutes of reading scripted material has never seemed right to me.

Plenty of movie stars make tens of millions for reading less than 30 minutes of scripted material one time. 

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 23, 2010, 02:33:51 PM
I missed this entire leno vs. conan thing, is this all because jay is comming back after being ill this past summer?..
:shruggy:

Uh, don't know about anyone getting sick but here's what happened in a nutshell:

1. Jay Leno is offered a "Tonight Show" style show in prime time which he accepts.
2. Conan is offered Jay's old job which he accepts.
3. Jay's new ratings suck.
4. The ratings for the Tonight Show with Conan suck.
5. NBC executives freak out and want to change it back.
6. Jay says yes, let's do that.
7. Conan says screw you people.
8. NBC tells Conan do what you're told or else.
9. There's a big fight, Jay and Conan joke about it on TV, lawyers get involved and finally Jay gets his old show/Conan's new show.
10. Conan gets paid a lot to go away.

Brock Samson

Thanks Bull for the recap,.. after 25 years of (having to) follow the news for my job, it's quite nice to ignore the trite and most of the celeb. stuff fits in that category.

bull

I usually ignore most of it until it's all settled and then just read a recap story that sums it all up. Saves me a lot of nonsense that way.