News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Backup light harness question !!

Started by 69chargerGenLEE, January 20, 2010, 11:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerGenLEE

HI all, I have a 69 dodge charger ,440/7272 torgue flight transmission,, well I have just figured out that the guy who restored my car put a 68's transmission in it  :brickwall: and I have just put 3 prog NSS switch in and wired everything up the way a 69 suspose to be, before install the switch i tested it by hand and they came on was so cool, but when i installed it wouldnt work at all so began wondering about the interal lever in the transmission being a 68 style its not designed to go with the 3 prog NSS switch! The one i took out was a single prog that just the starters ground gos to and I was curious if anyone knows is that lever inside the transmission changable or should i just hook it up like a 68 charger would be ??  :shruggy: Any Ideas !!

Dan

John_Kunkel

The internal lever (often called the roostercomb) can be changed, to upgrade a '68 or earlier valve body you need the lever from a '69 or '70, '71 and later is different. '69-'70 is on the left below.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Needa68

In another post I see you decided to put a back up light switch on the console shifter. I think that's a good decision. That solution is easier and probably less costly than openning the transmission to change the internal lever. If you install a back up switch at the console shifter all you need is for the neutral safety switch to do is place a ground on the S pin of the starter relay? If I were you I'd reinstall the original neutral safety switch and run a single wire to the starter relay and use the console shifter switch to activate the back up lights.
Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

69chargerGenLEE

Yea, I think I am gonna do that,, my ground is current going to a extra cable off the negative parts of the battery cable, Kinda trying to find out how the 68 hooks to the bulkhead,, and trying to find a console harness from a 68 ,,  thanks for the reply,, sure love some pics of how the 68 hooks up,, around the bulkhead !!

Dan