News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric window Question

Started by G Force, December 04, 2005, 08:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Force

Is it my car only or have you experienced this as well.  When I press the electric window switch to raise or lower the windows my amp meter needle goes up instead of down.
The amp meter goes down when I put the headlights on ( that makes sense to me).

Nacho-RT74

engine running or not ?
with engine off, you have allways a discharge. With engine running it could be that alt is charging and feeding the system and that's why you could get a charge on that moment, EVEN you have always a discharge on first moment.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

2Gunz

I suspect your power windows are wired to the battery side of the amp gauge instead of the fuse panel. As in directly to the battery or spliced in along the way.

G Force

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 05, 2005, 12:25:42 AM
engine running or not ?
with engine off, you have allways a discharge. With engine running it could be that alt is charging and feeding the system and that's why you could get a charge on that moment, EVEN you have always a discharge on first moment.

This is with the engine running

G Force

Quote from: 2Gunz on December 05, 2005, 07:50:48 AM
I suspect your power windows are wired to the battery side of the amp gauge instead of the fuse panel. As in directly to the battery or spliced in along the way.

Is it correct to be wired directly to the amp gauge or the fuse panel??

chargerbr549

They should actually be wired to a relay as on my 69 Charger, when I got my car the pwr windows were spliced into the ammeter wire because the relay must have went bad and I assume they couldn't find another one so they did a fancy splice job and they were live all the time (not good). My relay was located on top of the lower dash brace on the far drivers side if I remember right, it has three wires that go to it, if you need a new one let me know, I found one that would work at Napa it plugged right in and the only difference was the bracket which is no big deal. Mine has worked flawlessly for about ten years now.

Kevin