News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

11.75 brake swap questions

Started by Rayzor, January 18, 2010, 09:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayzor

I am in the process of finishing off my disc swap on to my 68. Here is the current setup, 75 A body spindles, 78 cordoba rotors and slider brackets and calipers, 1980 st. regis brake hoses. They are mounted towards the rear in the 11 oclock position with the bleeders up. Everything went together well enough, however I am having a issue with the rubber lines. They mount to the top of the calipers next to the bleeders, and when installed are bent pretty hard over in a loop to connect to the hard line mount. So, the question is, is there a caliper that will match my current setup but has the hose plumbed off the bottom of the caliper? I feel the brake hoses would be under less strain. or am I being a worry wart.   

oldschool

i did the same swap on my charger.my calipers are mounted on the front of the spindle.you can reverse the spindles so that you can mount to the front.
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Rayzor

Then I would have way bar problems yes? Maybe I am just worrying to much.  My setup and hoses routs look identical to this guys. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22292.0.html

69datona

I DID THAT SWAP ON MY 69 25 YEARS AGO BUT I HAD TO GO TO 70 LOWER CONTROLL ARMS AND A 70 SWAY BAR SETUP AND THE CALIPERS ARE IN THE FRONT OF THE UPP CONTROLL ARMS.JOEL

BrianShaughnessy

When I did that swap ( before the Viper conversion ) I used '80 Volare calipers which are bottom hose / top bleeder sliders. 

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.