News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions on these wheels??

Started by elanmars, January 17, 2010, 12:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

---Ok so I REALLY do have to go the cheap route this time, opinions on these three wheels??

look 1 - http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-fr500-wheel-17x9.html

look 2 - http://www.americanmuscle.com/17x8-bullitt-black.html

look 3 - http://www.americanmuscle.com/17x8-bullitt-chrome.html

Been looking for some decent designs for a 17/maybe 18 on back wheels. Once I get my car back from the paint shop, I'll be updating the brakes to disc and need to get rid of my mis-matching 14' wheels/tires.

I see too much "bling bling" type wheels and not much that'll look decent on my '69, aside from a few, some centerlines, torq thrusts, etc. And of course, really really pricey wheels, which I cannot do at this time. I've seen some good designs-ruined by rivets along the rim, I hate that look.

are there any Vector-wheel like modern wheels out there?

any other recommendations welcome.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

TylerCharger69

I'd have to go with choice number one....imo....They make a reissue of the 10 spoke vector rims, but they are pricey in my opinion

HITMAN 149

id say either 2 or 3... depending on the color your gonna do the car?!?!?
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Rolling_Thunder

a customer of mine runs the #1 link and they look pretty sinister on his flat black 68...       Backspacing is not right and you'll need spacers but its not a huge deal    :2thumbs:     he runs the 17x8 and the 17x11 (he minitubbed his car already)
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

471_Magnum

If you want a 17" Torq Thrust look... buy 17" Torq Thrusts. The bullets have the wrong offset and no "dish" so they look hokey on a muscle car. Same can be said for most other late model wheels.

American Racing Torq Thrust originals are available in 17x8 and would fit the part better. Centers could be painted black.

Also available is the T70R, which can be had in 17x7/8/9.

Also worth mentioning are the new Cragar S/S which are all aluminum and available in several finishes.

Finally, Foose has come out with a reasonably priced wheel, the Nitros RT. It is available in black as well as polished with the proper offset (but not enough dish IMHO).

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Nacho-RT74

elanmars... sorry, I have to say no one...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TCB09RT

Those Crager S/S are a nice choice.

Tom Q

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

HITMAN 149

hmmmm... they all seem to have a BIG secondary lip, which to me makes the inner part of the wheel just look small & shut in?!?!?
my  :Twocents: lol
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Mike DC

QuoteFinally, Foose has come out with a reasonably priced wheel, the Nitros RT. It is available in black as well as polished with the proper offset (but not enough dish IMHO).

Not sure what you mean here.  If they offer the old-style width numbers and the old style offsets, then the old style dish dimensions should logically be created with that combo. 

Charger´69

Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

471_Magnum

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 20, 2010, 12:33:03 AM
QuoteFinally, Foose has come out with a reasonably priced wheel, the Nitros RT. It is available in black as well as polished with the proper offset (but not enough dish IMHO).

Not sure what you mean here.  If they offer the old-style width numbers and the old style offsets, then the old style dish dimensions should logically be created with that combo.   

When I say dish, I'm referring to how deep the face of the hub is in relation to the wheel lip.

The Foose wheel looks like a universal casting (also used for late model positive offsets). That is just machine it different offsets. Doesn't look much different than a Bullet.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Mike DC

I'm still not following you.

If the rim is 8" wide and a 4" backspace, then it's 4" from the mounting surface to the rim on both sides.  You can't have an 8" wide rim, a 4" backspace, and then some other number as the dish dimension.  8 minus 4 cannot equal something other than 4.  

.  .  .  Unless you're referring purely to the dimensions of "styled" area within the casting, and not to the rim itself?

471_Magnum

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 20, 2010, 01:17:22 PM
   .  .  .  Unless you're referring purely to the dimensions of "styled" area within the casting, and not to the rim itself?

there you go