News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

our new band and demo

Started by chrisII, December 04, 2005, 04:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisII

ok the band i have ben working with over the last 2 years is going through a major "morph" basicly returning to what it was 5 years ago and hopefully all will work out better this time through.   if you go to our webpage http://www.muddpuppies.net/newfrontpage.html   you can click the guitar players , keyboard player , and the bass player to listen to our new demo tunes. the page is not totally up to speed yet as this project just came off the ground in the last month..so most of the time has ben spent on getting the demo recorded and mixed. i know there are several musicians on here so some input would be cool.
    ooh yeah im not Chris the guitar player, thats how i got the name ChrisII. if ya sign the guest book tell em ChrisII sent ya.

chrisII

18 views and nobody replys?? lemme know what ya all think of the tunes. i have my own opinions of them, but wont say publicly. wouldnt wana sway anyone

ramit

I am not able to click on what you said. ???

TruckDriver

Not bad.   :thumbs:   The one guy looks like George from Seinfeld.   :D I did sign the book ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chrisII

to play the songs click the girls boobs , the guitar on the lower left, and the bass players belly (lower right). i dont think the other one works (top left) but that one is on his nose. the sight isnt really public yet, as they are only like a month into this thing . but i was over at practice last night an they are ROCKIN!   i like this band allot better than the other band, wich is also still around.   www.buzztoyz.com 

is_it_EVER_done?

I was going to be nice and say nothing, but since you asked for honesty... I have to say that the chicks singing REALLY sucks! I thought it was a joke at first, or maybe a Yoko Ono impression, but the other two songs were pretty good.

dodgecharger-fan

Pretty darn good.

I think the mix is off on My Kinda Lover. Different parts seem to move up front and then back at different times through the song.

I think Tara can sing, but maybe she's pushing it a little at the beginning. If she could smooth it out a little and make it sound a little more effortless that would make a huge difference.

Take this a constructive. I can hear the potential, but I can hear what is stopping me from really liking it.
When I hear her sing alone, I get a vision in my head of a hyper A-type athletic/yoga/aerobic junkie/cheerleader blonde with big hair. "Like, Ya know? OhMyGAWD!"
I'm not saying that she is. I'm just saying that that's what I hear.
Smooth out the vocal attack and I think that will all go away.
Or maybe it's just the wrong song for her vocal style.
Play around with it. You'll get it down.

The other thing that I think everyone should consider is that we are listening to these songs in nice quiet rooms. Play this stuff in a live setting in exactly the same way and all of these little things disappear, but Tara's vocals are right out there on this song - as they should be for this song - if you were to lead off a set with that song, I think it would hurt a little.

chrisII

im told that song is getting re mixed. you get a pretty good idea of her by just listening to her sing! she isnt a pinhead or bimbo, but verry outgoing and a TON of fun to be around. pretty much everyone gave it the same review of being to heavy on the effects. this is why we multi track record this stuff.
    the funnyest thing about this demo is that i dont really see the 4 songs they are useing as being great examples of the band overall. the setlist is about 75% mid 80s and 90s rock. but not narowed down yet. they have like 200 songs that at least 1/2 the band knows already just a matter of what they all learn together. first show isnt till march..as of now.