News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone got a photo of a real 70 Charger racing mirror?

Started by b5blue, January 16, 2010, 02:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

OK I've looked high and low....I can't find a drivers side "racing mirror" that matches the "more pointy" one on the passengers side. Are they not the same exact shape? I did find E body drivers side that is more like passengers side but the base is of course different.   :shruggy:

maxwellwedge

Best I can find for now.

b5blue

Thanks! See the edge of the outside of the mirror on the passengers site is more of a point.  :shruggy:

6bblgt

The heads for the mirrors are not the same shape LH to RH, the right is angled more to see from the driver's seat.

The heads are the same - Charger, A & E bodies for '70. (A bodies used them for additional years)

b5blue

b5blue

Because I've been looking for one that looks like the one on the right, for the left.  :scratchchin:

maxwellwedge

I just emailed a buddy (that has my car at his place at the moment) to have a look and chime in.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 16, 2010, 06:45:55 PM
The heads for the mirrors are not the same shape LH to RH, the right is angled more to see from the driver's seat.

The heads are the same - Charger, A & E bodies for '70. (A bodies used them for additional years)

Knew most of the above except the heads being the same on Charger, A & E bodies for '70. Never compared them before - Gotta check that out. The pic I posted of the brand new Charger (Hemi-stick....check out the 2 window stickers!) was a late car - As were those mirrors - they weren't available on early cars.

b5blue

Thank you soooo much!  :cheers: I should have posted the photo from the start.......but my computer Tech was napping (oh to be 16 again)   :lol:

BIG ZAZA

Thanks for the tour today Maxwellwedge and the help with the parts for the T/A.

yes the mirrors do not have the same shape the picture above is correct.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: BIG ZAZA on January 16, 2010, 09:48:22 PM
Thanks for the tour today Maxwellwedge and the help with the parts for the T/A.

yes the mirrors do not have the same shape the picture above is correct.

Which pic - B5Blue's pic holding the one mirror?

b5blue

Odd little detail isn't it? I've only found the same shape for driver's side A and B body's but 2 styles for passenger's side (the other style matching driver side shape)

BROCK

1970 CHARGER
CODE   DESCRIPTION.........................MODEL               OF INTEREST
..........................................................XH..........XP...........XS         
........................................................BASE.......500..........R/T         
.......................................................L6   V8   L6   V8   US         
G36   Mirror - Outside L+R Chrome.....0   146   0   545   84         Mid Year Intro
G36   Mirror - Outside L+R Painted......0....91...0   327   56         Intro 02/12/1970 - color keyed to only EB5, EF8, EK2, FC7, FJ5, FK5 & FY1

By 72 the mirrors were the same on both sides.  Not sure about 70-71.  Rare option in 70 :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

maxwellwedge

Quote from: b5blue on January 16, 2010, 07:51:00 PM
Like this?

Just like the pic of you holding the mirror - That is correct.....except one is chrome and the other painted which is the very rare G36.2 option  :lol:

b5blue

So I'll sand/scuff/blast my chrome one and shoot it b5blue with the other one and be done looking for what don't exist.  :cheers: Thanks AGAIN Maxwellwedge!  :2thumbs: (I got lucky I had no idea they were rare.)

maxwellwedge

Quote from: b5blue on January 17, 2010, 06:50:23 PM
So I'll sand/scuff/blast my chrome one and shoot it b5blue with the other one and be done looking for what don't exist.  :cheers: Thanks AGAIN Maxwellwedge!  :2thumbs: (I got lucky I had no idea they were rare.)

:cheers: