News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nice looking '69 'stang in town this morning.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, January 13, 2010, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Don't know anything about it, as it's the first time I'd see it around:

(click pix for large image)

I had planned on taking the '70 this morning, but was running late for a dentist appointment, so no go.

Woulda made for a cool pic.

Hopefully I'll see it around again.

Thanks for looking.

Johnny

p.s. Anybody know the year?
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

69bronzeT5

That's not a nice looking 'Stang.....that's a REALLY nice look 'Stang! :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

Usually don't like that year but this one looks pretty good
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

wayfast1500

definatly a mach 1, but maybe a 428 cobra jet with out the shaker?

Troy

Quote from: wayfast1500 on January 13, 2010, 08:44:13 PM
definatly a mach 1, but maybe a 428 cobra jet with out the shaker?
I don't see anything that makes it definitely a Mach 1. It's definitely customized though (stripe, Boss 429 scoop, rear spoiler, etc.). Not all 428 CJs had a shaker either.

Troy

oldrock

Yep, that would be a 69 and probably a fastback, not a mach 1. Looks good to me but then again, I am kinda partial to that year stangs

my s code 1969 coupe with stock big block 390.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: oldrock on January 14, 2010, 10:43:10 AM
Yep, that would be a 69 and probably a fastback, not a mach 1. Looks good to me but then again, I am kinda partial to that year stangs

my s code 1969 coupe with stock big block 390.

Although it looks like a customized Boss 302 with a Boss 429 hoodscoop (non shaker Mach 1 scoop was much smaller), it could have left the dealership with a small block V8 (or even the I6) from the factory.  You would need to peak at the VIN tag on the dash to tell.  The rear spoiler stuff looks to have been done as an extension of the factory one built into the body style........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

bull

I like everything about it except that stripe. I love fastback Mustangs up to and including 70. After that? :eek2:

Back N Black

Arthu®

Quote from: bull on January 14, 2010, 12:33:15 PM
I like everything about it except that stripe. I love fastback Mustangs up to and including 70. After that? :eek2:

I agree!
Striving for world domination since 1986

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Troy

oldrock

re spoiler, that is why I am betting it is just a regular fastback. If I was a betting man, I'd betcha that is a 302 2v fastback and the owner just added the big scoop, spoiler and boss stripe when he had it repainted. Nothing wrong with that of course but I would have gone with the regular spoiler and regular mach 1 scoop unless it really does have a big block in there. Oh and suprised the guy didn't add the hood tie downs too. Most modders do that first since it is very low cost add on.

wayfast1500

A buddy of mine has a origional '69 428 cobra jet 4 speed.  I think his came from the factory with the drag pack but im not 100% on that.  Probably one of the fastest cars I've even been in.

69 OUR/TEA

I love 69 Mach ones,even considered getting one(never did),this one though..........color,wheels,spoiler,  :rotz: yuck!!!!

FJ5WING

Im a Ford guy first and this was the pinnacle of my collection. 428CJ with a C6, I loved the Black Jade with the satin Black accents and of course I just love magnum 500's on anything. kinda short on pics because I didnt own it very long.

heres a better image I stole from the internet which appears to be a twin to what my car was.
wingless now, but still around.

69 OUR/TEA