News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-69 Shifter handles

Started by 66FBCharger, January 13, 2010, 12:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

Are the HURST shifter handles (for a console 4 speed) for the '68 Chargers and '69 Chargers the same handle? What other models were they available on?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

six-tee-nine

The hurst shifter was a 69 thing while the 68 modelyear had the inland shifter.
Many say that the Hurst shifter has the better shifting quality (can't tell myself since i haven't driven an inland shifter car).....

However i think that every 69 b body that was ordered with a console came with the Hurst shifter. Non console cars are different of course....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Troy

The Hurst shifter was a mid-late 68 addition (early 68 cars had the Inland). There are two versions of the Hurst shifter handle - one for non-console and one for console equipped cars. All B-body cars used the same basic setup. The pistol grip shifter handle was added in 1970 so you'd need to stick with 68-69 models.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

maxwellwedge

What Troy said - And.... There were two font styles on the HURST name on the handle - early and late 69.